The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #26
JCD

Re: What a nice buyer.... but this shouldn't happen on ebay

And another thing...
After this description, you CAN'T call any vehicle an 'Awesome Survivor'

J.

"Truck has freshly built small block, New aluminum radiator, updated charging system with one wire internally regulated alternator, hei ignition, Tri y headers, dual exhaust with large, mellow sounding truck mufflers, fresh 700 r4 overdrive tranny and Mickey Thomson 16"x8" rims. Regarding the 700 r4 tranny. Lockup solenoid control is a custom circuit I designed complete with automatic disengage when brakes are applied and will only relock when trans is in third or fourth gear. There is also a small switch to disable lock up completely. A tiny light indicates when torque converter is locked. Crossmember is a two piece custom built assembly that is completely bolt in. I will also provide the original if desired. Driveshaft is a one piece unit."

"No repairs and has never been apart."
1969 SS El Camino
1968 SS RS 396 Camaro
1967 Barracuda Formula S
1965 140/4sp Corvair Monza Convertible

Sorry, but I don't do Fords.

Last edited by JCD; 08-20-2012 at 12:19 PM.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #27
original-71
///Relaxed Atmosphere

thats pretty messed up

87-Silverado Static Drop 5/7" Raceline Explosion 5 22X8.5 (F) 22X10 (R)
hector
2012 Toyota 4-Runner
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
original-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #28
specialtyretail
So,, what else you got???

I am about to quit using ebay. everyone wants a concours quality truck for a beater price. I sell beaters, cheap project trucks,, usually under $2500.00. You would not believe some of the demands buyers make after they have bought a $2000.00 truck.
specialtyretail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #29
bigdon-70blazer

Or the one I saw yesterday evening, unrestored survivor. Several lines down, repainted in 1980, 1970 truck... Sounds restored to me.
bigdon-70blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:10 PM   #30
Square_78

I wouldnt even bid on the truck after reading those 3 neg feedbacks. The guy is a shadey seller. Not worth the headaches. I bet even if someone buys it for $5500 there will be an issue.
Square_78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #31
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Square_78 View Post
I wouldnt even bid on the truck after reading those 3 neg feedbacks. The guy is a shadey seller. Not worth the headaches. I bet even if someone buys it for $5500 there will be an issue.
The third negative seems to be a similar situation, he sold a Buick Century Custom in a no reserve auction for $910.00.. then apparently wanted $1,500.00 for the car from the auction winner.
When the winner refused, he sold it local to someone else.
That's not an honest man.

In this situation the winner was upset and left him that negative feedback.

J.
1969 SS El Camino
1968 SS RS 396 Camaro
1967 Barracuda Formula S

Old 08-20-2012, 09:54 PM   #32
Tinkermc

I'd be writing E-bay before he finished his sentence to tell me no. No reserve is just that.
Tinkermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #33
jtp67-72

The winner was a schill bidder....buddies....just trying to be a smartazz saying the winner new it was worth more...see it all the time on ebay.....always look at the bidders history...most schill's bids will be 90-100% with that seller......jim
Old 08-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #34
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Yeah, I think if I was the winning bidder I would be having a discussion with the Ebay claims department. Maybe I am just a bitter cyber auction participant because I always get hosed on Government Liquidators at the last second of every flipped auction.

For a few days I was thinking of selling my ’68 GMC so I was looking around at the going prices. My word! People watch way too much Barrett-Jackson, Desert Valley Car Kings and Pawn Stars to think their stuff is worth as much as they think. Not just old trucks but any older vehicle in general people think are worth a fortune. This truck in the genesis of this conversation is without a doubt a clean survivor but I don’t see it being $5,500 nice. I see a $3000-$4000 truck at most but in reality any vehicle is only worth what somebody is willing to pay I suppose.
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #35
Gokart Mozart

When did Ebay become a marketplace vs auction site? How much are they paying to list a classified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
This type of thing is happening in society with greater frequency.
It saddens me to find the Morals and Morality of individuals slipping more each day.
People backing out of deals.. people not living up to their word.
People out and out lying or changing the facts of an arrangement when it suits them.

And while there are still decent people out there, you find you have to be on your guard against liars and thieves that will cheat you without hesitation or remorse.

I don't know where this trend will take us.
I don't want to think of the world that way, but that seems to be the direction we're going ..and fast.

A mans word used to be his bond..
A handshake deal was all you once needed..
A simple sentiment that was once the backbone of all society.
How is it that this can so easily be undone, and without second thought by anyone?

J.
QFT.

When you don't interact with the person on a daily basis, when the other person is hundreds of miles away and you'll never see them again, when all you do is read words on a screen, the human factor disappears.
Gokart Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
When you don't interact with the person on a daily basis, when the other person is hundreds of miles away and you'll never see them again, when all you do is read words on a screen, the human factor disappears.
That's just a cop-out,which is what dishonest people are always looking for to justify their actions to themselves (and think it does with others...NOT!). That doesn't matter with those of good moral character. A deal's a deal and a man is only as good as his word...period

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #37
Sequoyah
so easy a caveman can do it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
A deal's a deal and a man is only as good as his word...period
/end thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242380
Sequoyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #38
sir_talk_alot

that guy is a douche. has anyone gone to the ebay link and see what he put? he pretty much slapped the guy who one the other auction in the face. thats bull crap.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #39
sir_talk_alot

i think someone should get in contact with ebay about this.

'94 GMT 400 ext z71 3" body, 3 in rough country, hd mirrors, 20" motometals on 35s
sir_talk_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #40
Greenlee

I couldn't resist sending him a message. Below is the response I got. I agree with whoever said he probably had a friend bidding on it.

Dear sgreenlee-tx,

No scam, winning bidder asked to make Payments.
- taos409 Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Subject: Payment or price: sgreenlee-tx sent a message about Chevrolet : C/K Pickup 2500 Custom Camper #221107731132
Sent Date: Aug-21-12 05:32:00 PDT
Dear taos409,

What? Someone already won this auction and you re-listed for more money? What a scam.
- sgreenlee-tx
Greenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #41
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokart Mozart View Post
What doesn't disappear is the fact you have to live with yourself.
Unfortunately for our society, many individuals have learned to do this and sleep quite well.

This man has offered two distinct and different excuses for not completing this deal.
He even went so far as to post his first excuse, which was merely greed.
He thought the truck was worth more than was reached by auction end, and wouldn't let it go for the reduced price...
A past auction result got him a negative feedback in a similar sale.

If you believe an item to be of certain worth, there's nothing wrong with wanting to collect that value.
But no doubt money played into this listing as he wanted to save the listing fees by not paying for a higher starting bid, or the reserve fees.

I agree that the last bidder was more than likely a shill, and then it backfired when nobody upped the bid before auction end.

I've stated before, these are not the actions of an honest man.

I've also said a mans word should be his bond...
But what is equally important are his actions.

In this day and age, I can't accept anyone that tells me they're honest ..
That's up to the people around him to give him that title,..
because they'll be doing so as a result of his actions, and how he lives up to his word.

J.
1969 SS El Camino
1968 SS RS 396 Camaro
1967 Barracuda Formula S

Old 08-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #42
leddzepp

With all the low balling people who want something for nothing these days, I am not surprised by the sellers actions at all.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #43
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
With all the low balling people who want something for nothing these days, I am not surprised by the sellers actions at all.

I want my click back.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #44
JCD

Quote:
I hope you're not condoning the sellers actions..

As far as I'm concerned, this is nothing like somebody trying to low ball you.

And this auction is not about a buyer wanting something for nothing, in fact it's completely the opposite.. a SELLER wanting something for nothing, and when he got it, he demanded MORE above the selling price, or wouldn't release the truck.

When you put anything up for auction, and if you don't protect yourself with a reserve, you have no right to go back after the fact and cry about the amount.

And as far as people wanting something for nothing.. that's no excuse for this type of behavior ..

Imagine what would happen if you went into a store or market and saw a price tag of 30 dollars on an item, paid the guy, and then had him ask for 10 dollars more.. because "I'm not making enough at 30 dollars"
Guaranteed it wouldn't end well.
A price tag is a price tag..and there's still stores that bite the bullet and sell you an item at the lower cost, and their loss.. if there's a low price on the tag.
He chose the path he took by not protecting himself with a reserve, and with that path comes the chance it may not sell for what you'd like to get.

This is bad behavior, bad business ethics, and sets a bad precedent for future transactions anywhere..

J.
1969 SS El Camino
1968 SS RS 396 Camaro
1967 Barracuda Formula S

Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
You are right about the low balling these days. But this wasn't Craigslist,this was an auction,which has specific rules to abide by. The winner didn't bid it "down" he bid it "up". He wasn't the "lowest" bidder,he was the "highest". He may have been willing to pay even more,but won the auction fair and square with his bid.

The guy responded to my question saying it's an absolute sale,he knows it's worth more (wrong) but he needs room and just wants it out of there. It would be just gone and out of there if he hadn't snaked out on the sale.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #46
jjzepplin

Quote:
You are right about the low balling these days. But this wasn't Craigslist,this was an auction,which has specific rules to abide by. The winner didn't bid it "down" he bid it "up". He wasn't the "lowest" bidder,he was the "highest". He may have been willing to pay even more,but won the auction fair and square with his bid.

The guy responded to my question saying it's an absolute sale,he knows it's worth more (wrong) but he needs room and just wants it out of there. It would be just gone and out of there if he hadn't snaked out on the sale.
x2! (my rating on Ebay is 100%)
jjzepplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #47
LEEVON

I bought an '87 swb on Ebay a few years back and was schill bid up to his reserve. The truck was a huge dissapointment, and I didn't figure out the schill bidding until after the whole deal. Add that to the fact that anything of value I've tried to sell including cars and motorcycles has gotten fouled up by deadbeat bidders and I think EBAY should stop trying to be an "auction" site.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #48
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

I got stung by a schill bidder a couple of years ago when I tried to buy an antique garden tractor on Ebay. Bacause of this, I will no longer buy anything on Ebay that is not a Buy it now purchase. I accidently entered a number in the auto bid area higher than I wanted to pay for the tractor about 6 days before bid end and by the time I realized my error it was too late to back out. I have a 100% rating and did not want to jeopardize this.
I was relieved to find out about an hour before bid end that the high bid was low (mine) and was happy, and it appeared that there were no other bidders for over 4 days. Wouldn't you know that in the last 15 minutes of the auction someone bid repeatedly until my 'hidden' accidental max bid was reached and then stopped bidding.
I was toasted and to maintain my 100% rating, I sucked it up and bought the tractor. The tractor was in such poor shape that it was not even worth trying to restore or fix it up and after a year, it went to the scrap heap.

That was the first and last time I will ever get burned on Ebay. Yes it was my own fault for not paying attention to what I entered, but the schill bidder won that battle.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB

Last edited by alsriv2; 08-22-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelling
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #49
jtp67-72

Quote:

We've had this discussion before and i will say it again...there never was a SALE to snake out on....A schill bidder was the winner...he knows it... already had the lame excuse ready to go "winner knows it was worth more"...He can lie to U and anyone else about an absolute sale...Ebay won't do anything about it....there are Schill bidders at every "live" auction I've either attended or had something in to sell......it stinks but it happens....jim
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #50
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

I don't understand this stuff about how you can get stung by a "schill" bidder. If you have a max amount you're willing to bid on something, stick to it. The seller does not have anything to gain if their buddies bid to a point that's past what you're willing to pay. They owe ebay a fee if one of them wins it.

If you wind up paying more than you should have, it's your fault, not the shills. The guy that backs out on his sale should be banned from ebay.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote