The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #26
Firebirdjones

Re: Looking for opinions...

If it's something you are driving alot,,,,then rally's get my vote. Cheap to replace, easy to maintain, easy to clean, easy to balance and tire replacement is easy.

I have 2 cars here with aluminum wheels and quite frankly I must be getting old because,,,,I'm sick of cleaning them,,,they need polished on a regular basis to keep a shine (and clear coat peels or yellows over time so that's out) you always have to worry about scratching them,,,and curb rash will just ruin your day. However if you get them with a good chrome plating then cleaning is easy and no polishing is necessary anymore. Hopefully the quality is good so the chrome lasts and doesn't peel down the road.

The only upside to aluminum is they are lightweight, less rotational mass means more power to the ground, better fuel economy, etc....

If you are going for 80's retro,,,then Welds would work. Personally I'm more 60's retro so Cragers or Slots work for me.

Last edited by Firebirdjones; 08-31-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Firebirdjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
JCampbell
Account Suspended

Damn...I thought I was the old guy. I'm only 31.

And yeah, If you two come across a set of wheels, holla! I'm out in the dirty 'ol IE, but I don't mind driving a ways to pick up a nice set.
JCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #28
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCampbell View Post
Damn...I thought I was the old guy. I'm only 31.

And yeah, If you two come across a set of wheels, holla! I'm out in the dirty 'ol IE, but I don't mind driving a ways to pick up a nice set.
Hey hey,,,just because I might be past my middle age crisis doesn't mean I don't dig stuff from the 80's too Retro for me is 50's/60's but I guess the 80's are starting to get old now Boy how time flies.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
66/87chevy

I like the Welds better than the Boyds. But what about a set of Centerlines ???? Centerlines have always been my favorite muscle car wheel of choice.
OH yeah I'm 40 and I too still ride a BMX bike around with my two boys, I sure wish I still had my old 1984 PRO GT race bike. Someone has to show them all the old school tricks
66/87chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #30
Firebirdjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66/87chevy View Post
OH yeah I'm 40 and I too still ride a BMX bike around with my two boys, I sure wish I still had my old 1984 PRO GT race bike. Someone has to show them all the old school tricks
I rode a Schwinn Orange Crate,,,the kind with the shifter in the middle. You guys might not even remember those.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #31
JCampbell
Account Suspended

GT Mach One, GT Performer.

What's up now?
JCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #32
bigblock73
yeller

What do you think gets my vote
Attached Images

bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #33
Hulk Will Smash

Didnt mean to take this off topic either. Just saying i totally get that need for nostalgia. Haha! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. My time machine is an 84 GT pro as well. I enjoy crusing it around but don't want to tear it up so I got a new bike to thrash on. of course you guys know that it's like Pringles... You can't eat just one! But I won't go further off track with my Bmx bike hoarding nonsense!

I'm always cruising the Craigslist for truck stuff (and bikes!) so I'll let you know if I see anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's 11 PM, do you know where your IAC pintle is?
Hulk Will Smash is offline   Reply With Quote