The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #26
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Vintage air in a 55' stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkwood View Post
This is how i mounted the battery box. It is a SS drop out box and fits under the cab on the frame nice. No i didn't crimp my own a/c connections, i have a shop that gets the fittings for me and i put them on and clock them (meaning) put a mark on the conn. the way they need to lay and take them to the shop and they crimp them for me..
Hope this helps...
I've got a couple questions about the routing of your battery cables in that last photo. I can't see where the ground cable runs though it LOOKS like it is visible near the positive cable....or is that something else because it looks rough like its covered with tape? You didn't run the negative cable to that jump start lug, did you? Also, what's happening with the TWO red/posditive cables? I see you connected one into and out of the jumper lug but that's not what I'm referring to. The two running next to each other above is my question.

Also, no protection on the far right where that positive cable crosses the frame flange? Aren't you worried about a hard short/fire resulting from that after years of vibration?
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #27
parkwood

Re: Vintage air in a 55' stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
I've got a couple questions about the routing of your battery cables in that last photo. I can't see where the ground cable runs though it LOOKS like it is visible near the positive cable....or is that something else because it looks rough like its covered with tape? You didn't run the negative cable to that jump start lug, did you? Also, what's happening with the TWO red/posditive cables? I see you connected one into and out of the jumper lug but that's not what I'm referring to. The two running next to each other above is my question.

Also, no protection on the far right where that positive cable crosses the frame flange? Aren't you worried about a hard short/fire resulting from that after years of vibration?
Dan if you can blow the picture up you can see the ground cable hooked to the black lug and then right above it it's bolted to the frame.. the black one you see by the red lug i'm thinking is another ground cable but now i can't tell you were it runs because i can't find any pictures of it.. what i didn't show is where the two red cables running together go. the owner wanted a cut off switch by the drivers door so they had to run over there and back to the starter.. and the one that lookes like it's not protected it not rubbing on anything and i wasn't worried about it. does this help a little?
Attached Images

parkwood is offline   Reply With Quote