The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
mr48chev

Re: Barrett Jackson Las Vegas today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Wait, there's a fantasy BJ auction?
http://www.speedfantasybid.com/ Fun to do while watching the auction and see if you can figure out what the vehicles will sell for.

My internet service was down from about 11am yesterday to after midnight last night so I didn't get to bid yesterday and out of four I bid on Friday afternoon I went over on 3 and got 20 points on one being 10K under. They give prizes for the closest bid on each car along with who has the most points for the day and who has the most points for the whole auction. So far I've never won a prize but it' fun to do.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
_Ogre

dang, i need to up the insured value on mine
if i paid myself $1 per hour, i'd cover my time and no parts

how to put your truck year and build thread into your signature
shop air compressor timer
_Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
fat56

WOW imagine what some of the trucks on here are going to be worth. The green truck is finished of real nice tho.

I guess the prices here in Australia are just going to keep going up.

Here is an example of one for sale atm.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1950-Chev...item19d50d0b8e

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55-CHEV-G...item2ec18761b2
LOW n LOUD
fat56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #5
Russell Ashley

I want one of these..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-FJ...76567470177666
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
Speedbumpauto

"i agree with the parts list but i think you could build that for way less than 20k..."

With due respect, I think you're being a little optimistic....and you didn't say how close to FINISHED you are. I've got 10K in paint and body, but it's spectacular, IMO, and another 3+K in tires and wheels that are good but certainly not near the top. I've priced interiors and have found nothing decent under 3K, and I bought and modified the seats/console. If you want leather, it's 5K+.
I looked at a "shock wave" when I thought about bagging. $950 each, cheapest. The converter you're talking about at Summit is almost $1K and you didn't say where the 4L80 came from....

If there's anything I've learned in building these things, first is....they're never done and second is....they ALWAYS cost way more than yoiu thought and third....the way I want to do it is always the most expensive way to get the job done.
This is how I'm 7/8 of the way done with my "$60 thousand dollar $30 thousand dollar 55 Chevy pick up. If you get yours "sweet"(subjective term) and meet your $12K goal, I'll be the first to hoist a cold one to you.
Speedbumpauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
Chevette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbumpauto View Post
"i agree with the parts list but i think you could build that for way less than 20k..."

With due respect, I think you're being a little optimistic....and you didn't say how close to FINISHED you are. I've got 10K in paint and body, but it's spectacular, IMO, and another 3+K in tires and wheels that are good but certainly not near the top. I've priced interiors and have found nothing decent under 3K, and I bought and modified the seats/console. If you want leather, it's 5K+.
I looked at a "shock wave" when I thought about bagging. $950 each, cheapest. The converter you're talking about at Summit is almost $1K and you didn't say where the 4L80 came from....

If there's anything I've learned in building these things, first is....they're never done and second is....they ALWAYS cost way more than yoiu thought and third....the way I want to do it is always the most expensive way to get the job done.
This is how I'm 7/8 of the way done with my "$60 thousand dollar $30 thousand dollar 55 Chevy pick up. If you get yours "sweet"(subjective term) and meet your $12K goal, I'll be the first to hoist a cold one to you.

That's pretty much "sayin' it like it is", Speedbumpauto. That's also why I don't keep close tabs on what I'm spending on mine. If I did keeps a close eye on the budget it would likely lead to high anxiety or deep depression.

Question: Know how to sell your truck for $50,000?
Answer: Spend $100,000 building it.
Chevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
mr48chev

I've been watching those auctions for as long as I've had Speed Channel available and you can never second guess what a lot of the cars and trucks will go for.

I'd imagine that the seller of the "patina" AD truck in question was more than a bit disappointed with the selling price due to the number of times it has shown up on the net and in magazine event coverage. And true, most of us on here who have built a couple of trucks could have well come in under the selling price and had a quite similar or even hell of a lot nicer truck. The buyers friends will either congratulate him on getting such a great "rat rod truck" or console him on his hang over and paid too much purchase.

On another note I did see that if you smoke the King Mountain cigarettes you contributed to the purchase of three super cars including the hemi Daytona. They went to a local to me guy.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote