The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2012, 01:04 AM   #26
Sodak

Re: Hello New Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'n'Guitars View Post
Also great choice on the rims, I feel like only a handful of guys on here like those rims.
I Know ,Those were my first purchase for the old girl ,In my opinion they are timeless.
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
Sodak

Well it was a light day today,Got some silicone ruber and stared fillind all the little holes in and around the cab,also did a lot of painting in and around and under the cab/rockers. Had a can of rubberized undercoating and did the driverside wheel well,ordered 7 more cans of the stuff,found anouther rally so i sanded it and painted it as well,hood isn't fitting right there seems to be no room for ajustment so i'll have a friend use a plasma and open up the holes a little bit (all 5 of them).
Got the passenger side done with por15,Just don't have the time right now to cut it all out and replace.Got some new parts in the mail friday but didn't get them in ,Door seals And most all the parking break hard ware and cables.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #28
lost honda pro

You're making some awesome progress with this build, nice work

Please tell me you're not just using this as a workbench... What is it, '58 3100?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
'78 Chevy C10: 350/350, 2.5/3.5 drop, electric fans, roll pan, shocks! - Project Ginger
lost honda pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:54 PM   #29
Smoke_Dog

Hey is that Deadwood at the bottom of the hill behind the truck? I was stationed there from 86 until 93 and come back every year due to the fact, my wifee is from RAPID!!! Great memories from there and the best Base ever! As a matter of fact, she's there now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodak View Post
Hello new here.
Just picked up a 78 stepside 4x4 this Juneand have been hard at it,i've been lurking now for a while and reading all i can here,i figuered i'd introduce my self. i'm shane by the way ,and show some build pics (Compleate rust bucket)and ask some questions.That i'm hoping some one may be able to answer for me.Well on to some pics.This is what i started with.

And this is where i'm at now 3 months later.

Smoke_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #30
Sodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost honda pro View Post
You're making some awesome progress with this build, nice work

Please tell me you're not just using this as a workbench... What is it, '58 3100?
Thank you ,should have the new tank senders in this week and then it's remounting the tanks so hopefully by the end of next weekend it will be running again ,and then the bed is next.
And yes right now we are using my 61 stepside as a work bench ,come next summer it gets a makeover/restoration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Dog View Post
Hey is that Deadwood at the bottom of the hill behind the truck? I was stationed there from 86 until 93 and come back every year due to the fact, my wifee is from RAPID!!! Great memories from there and the best Base ever! As a matter of fact, she's there now!!!
Nice i loved Deadwood as a kid and when i got out of the Marines in 92 i moved back. Just wished we still had the b52's here.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #31
Sodak

Well got some more done this weekend before it started Raining,
Got the Undercoating done and reatched the parking break, got the floors all POR15'd . Then we took out the 3 line sending units and installed the 2 line that was suposed to be there , I really helped that whoever remover the original 3 port diverter just put some electrical tape on it and wired it up out of place So ther wasn't much wiring to do to get both tanks working and showing correctly on the dash. And she started right up,just needs a tune up now ,in one of the side shots you can see more smoke coming out of the muffler itself than the tail pipe,lol will have to get a compleat exhaust.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #32
Wrecked1982

cool im not the only one always working outside
Wrecked1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #33
Sodak

Nope not bad when it's 40-80 but When the white blows it sucks.lol and i'm doing all i can before that.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #34
Sodak

Well finnally got it running and the box back on,Still need lots of tlc on the inside and the steering need some help,as well as a tuneup.Also got some new decals coming ,super syked about those.

Here's the new Decals ,first one is for the grille and second is for the tailgate.
Going to do #3

Going to do #2

And now some pics of the truck.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
Car'n'Guitars

Looks awesome great work.
1987 Chevrolet K10 Silverado
"The Beast" build 1987 Silverado http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6150257
Car'n'Guitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
Sodak

Thank you ,Too bad genuine gm parts are so expensive,it would have been a hole lot easier going back togetther.taiwon parts are ...to say the least not very uniform in fitting.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #37
JRANGER

damn shes looking good
JRANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #38
Sodak

Thank you,Just wish i knew more so i could contribute more.this is an awsome site.