The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #26
NW Task Force

Re: Trying to find a fitting............

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrieG View Post
If you want it for looks, keep searching. For function a regular Tee fitting will work, fluid flow is minimal so an restriction at the 90 is not a factor. On mine each front line comes out of a separte port on the proportioning valve per the factory design. The rear has one line back to a tee that splits to each rear wheel cylinder.
Yeah, I am having a hard time finding this specific fitting. I am ready to just grab another "T" fitting and call it good. I can spend lots of time racing around trying to find this particular fitting, but I have plenty of other things to get done on my project.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:30 PM   #27
entourageguy
Yellow truck club

Re: Building brake lines........need some help

when your finished you will find the fitting you were looking for!

Brian ......

My hub garage address
http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/59apache
I gue$$ everything has it'$ price
ALL GONE NOW

59 Chev Apache
PRAISE THE LOWERED
350 700r lokar shifter
power MII front end, shockwaves
tilt, 4 wheel discs
4-link and bags
10 bolt limited
entourageguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #28
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by entourageguy View Post
when your finished you will find the fitting you were looking for!
And the tool you are looking for is always at the bottom of the box! How does it know?

My GMC build.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=536602
mknittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:14 AM   #29
mknittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Mountaineer View Post
If you're worried about looks, clearcoat them after they're installed. They'll stay new-looking for a LONG time!
I was thinking about doing that.WE used to clearcoat black oxide plated bolts at one of my past jobs.

My GMC build.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
NW Task Force

Exclamation Update

I finished building my brake line system for the 57. This is the very first time I built brake lines on my own. I read the Snap-On directions in my brake flaring kit and watched youtube videos on how to do it. The lines turned out nice and cosmetically I was pleased. Tonight was moment of truth............ add fluid into the reservior and check for leaks. Here goes nothing........................................... Well, had a few leak points at some fittings. I ended up tightening them up and stopped the leaks completely. Some of the nuts were not quite snug enough. The only leak I have now is a darn banjo bolt fitting for my camaro/firebird rear disc brake caliper on the driver's side. Hhhmmm....... not bad for a first timer I guess. I heard about so many nightmares with brake making and how even professional folks have difficulty with it. I plan to replace the banjo bolt/copper washers and hope it fixes the leak.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:29 AM   #31
mknittle

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Task Force View Post
I finished building my brake line system for the 57. This is the very first time I built brake lines on my own. I read the Snap-On directions in my brake flaring kit and watched youtube videos on how to do it. The lines turned out nice and cosmetically I was pleased. Tonight was moment of truth............ add fluid into the reservior and check for leaks. Here goes nothing........................................... Well, had a few leak points at some fittings. I ended up tightening them up and stopped the leaks completely. Some of the nuts were not quite snug enough. The only leak I have now is a darn banjo bolt fitting for my camaro/firebird rear disc brake caliper on the driver's side. Hhhmmm....... not bad for a first timer I guess. I heard about so many nightmares with brake making and how even professional folks have difficulty with it. I plan to replace the banjo bolt/copper washers and hope it fixes the leak.
Sounds good, Glad all went well. the thing with the internet is when people have problems with somthing they complain but if all goes well they don't say a thing.

My GMC build.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #32
NW Task Force

Re: Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
Sounds good, Glad all went well. the thing with the internet is when people have problems with somthing they complain but if all goes well they don't say a thing.
Haha!!!! Exactly!!!