The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #26
SEVEND2

I see it, as if you want positive or negitive feedback..basiclly thats why you are here posting. I post here for those reasons, Since my knowledge is limited in some fields, there is always a better idea or an improvement to your idea (maybe) everyone here is Great. and has helped me out alot. I value everyones opinions on what ever comes up.
thanks for reading my 2 cents!

Progress on truck so far (follow link):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=51051

and stage 2

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=58132

~ "Why couldn't you have just put the bunny back in the box?" ~
SEVEND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:21 PM   #27
crazy longhorn
Fabricate till you "puke"

Well, there are critics everywhere you go I am a big fan of custom trucks/cars/bikes......stock is very boring to me! I feel that a custom reflects the owners thoughts,imagination, & talents as well. The 67-72s were a very nice truck as the factory built them, but I dont always beleive that the factory engineers did everything to "perfection"(if there is such a thing). I have done many mods to my truck, that many guys will never see, or even notice if they do see Many of these mods were IMO to improve on the factory design, & or make things simpler to access or basically work on.......& are on the bottom side of the truck. The words "built by me for by me" are very true! I have taken a little flack over several things done to my longhorn......but its mine I have heard from some guys "why would you put a 6 spd gear box in a truck?...... they belong in a sports car".......but it sure is fun to drive Why chop the top......I like to bump my head! (sorta self destructive , I guess ) Why hack up the front clip, & weld it together?.....it sure is easier to work on! Why run a SB in I 6 position?........IMO, thats something the factory should have done! (I have caught a lot of flack on that one ). There will always be the restorers vs the rodders, but the bottom line is that a custom is built for the owner......not the rest of the world(and will appeal to a very small group).......it not about money, it is about imagination I love to see other guys imagination on tin, & some of the mods may not be to my personal taste........but you have got to respect the time /labor/ love that went into the end result Henry Ford was the man that said "you can have any color you want......so long as its black! Pretty boring......dont you think? crazyL......jammin gears
69 longhorn,4" chop,3/5 drop, 1/2 ton suspension/disc brakes,1 1/2" body drop,steel tilt clip, 5.3/Edelbrock rpm intake/600 carb, Hooker streetrod shorties,2 1/2" exhaust/ H pipe/50's Flows , 6 spd Richmond trans,12 bolt/ 3.40 gears....
crazy longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 05:48 PM   #28
sbc350gearhead

I have a major problem with baggedblaz's original post. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MUCH ENGINE!!!!!!!.................LOL
sbc350gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #29
ol skool 68
turnin wrenches

wow, well i am curious as to what lit that fire, but all of you have made very valid points. to each his own is one of the most true statements i have heard in a long time. i myself catch alot of flack from my fellow club members @ www.rcst.com for not bagging my 68. i was the first in the club to have "bags" period. after having alot of problems, none of them can understand why i am not doing it to my classic. i simply tell them that unlike my 2000 s-10, my 68 has had every screw nut and bolt taken apart by my hands, and until i see all of them forking over the $cash$ and turnin wrenches on my truck, ......then they might have a say so in how it turns out. i don't build or drive anything to please other people, i build it the way i want it, and if others take pleasure in the work done then great............if not no big deal, so it doesn't suit that particualr person's taste. no reason to smack down anyone elses work. yes there are certain things done to our years of trucks that i don't care for personally but i would never intentionally hurt someones feelings by saying so. but with almost anything we do, critisism is always abundant, you do have to take it with a grain of salt. ok i am done with my part except for one thing....(one of my favorite sayings) "opinions are like a$$holes and sometimes they both just stink"

D.M.C. -FF-

68 SWB full frame off (project ol skool)
2000 s-10 formally bagged but now my daily driver...
ol skool 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2003, 12:05 AM   #30
brad2

I don't just like one style of truck. There are plenty of trucks I drool over here and they range from stock to lifted to lowered and rusted. Now there are also those that don't float my boat but I just don't feel the need to tell everyone about that. What I hate to see is the people that only like them stock telling someone they ruined a truck.
brad2 is offline   Reply With Quote