The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
McMurphy

Re: Johnny Cash special "Maggie Mayhem" 65 c10 short step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
It looks like you have a good handle on the build. Nice progress. I like the "working class" entry for car shows.
I agree about skippin out of work just to post stuff. Shoot, I'd skip work just to post vids so that McMurphy doesn't get ahead of me.(thats another story)
You have a cute little assistant too.
Really Bomp? REALLY !!!!

I did a swap from an 1981 GMC for my front disc set up, it had its challenges, but it was not as horrific as I thought it would be.... well other than the 8lb BFH incident.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #27
Kingjasn

well, this is an update, but not one I wanted to post. Just a minor setback really. I found out today that the 6 shooter I was counting on isn't going to be available after all. The fellow that owns the motor has to sell the truck. Guess I am back in the market for a IL6 now.

Just gotta smile about it and realize that now I have more time to do some more body work and rust elimination.
Kingjasn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #28
Kingjasn

So, I have a silly question... i have about 6 things I found while cleaning out my shed. I need to upgrade to a Premium member to list them to sell right?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 PM   #29
Bomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingjasn View Post
So, I have a silly question... i have about 6 things I found while cleaning out my shed. I need to upgrade to a Premium member to list them to sell right?
I believe you are correct sir.

There are a few other perks in upgrading also.
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #30
Kingjasn

ok, cool.

I will probably upgrade later this year, but for now I will just keep the parts I have neatly stored away. I am sure I will accumulate more as my restoration goes on, and then I will have more to offer when the time comes.

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
Kingjasn

Talking Re: Johnny Cash special "Maggie Mayhem" 65 c10 short step.

Ok, so now Maggie Mayhem is gonna be resting to the side for a little while. I got an 82 custom deluxe, dubbed "Doom Kitty" (from a cartoon my daughter likes called Ruby Gloom). I am gonna drive Doom Kitty for a couple of months until the weather cools off some, and then comes the surgery! I plan to take everything I can from the 82 and put it on the 65 frame. rear axle, front suspension and brakes, engine and trans. I am not sure if I will keep any of the 82 after I am finished or not, I may sell the parts not used. The 82 body is in excellent shape, no dents, no rust, and all the body lines are straight. might get a good little chunk of change for the Maggie fund too! I have read through the threads on disk brake conversions, and I think it should be pretty painless to do what I am planning. I will post here and there to just keep you all interested.