The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #26
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: project lay frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frettsy View Post
well like i said heres my progress from the weekend hopefully start the 4 link this weekend

Attachment 1028094

Attachment 1028094

I dont think I've ever seen chalk marks on the frame before. Another piece of useless trivia, right there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:49 PM   #27
Frettsy

Yeah i cant say i e seen that eathier ive seen it a couple different places on the truck almost like a junk yard part but its riveted like all the other factory stuff not sure but its not there now lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Frettsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
Frettsy

Well I have a update finally. It took a lot longer than anticipated for my thumb to heal I cut a nerve in it and have no feeling so I got a couple buddies to come help me so over the last couple days ive gotten my notch tacked in and lower link bars and should have the uppers in tonight. I also got the crossmember out of the way finally broke one plasma cutter had to borrow another while mines getting fixed been crazy crazy...Name:  notch.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  60.9 KB

Name:  shawn.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  51.9 KB
Old 02-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #29
Frettsy

Alright finally some really good progress over the last week or two... I have my step notch all welded in minus the underneath part which I gotta grind and finish weld yet. with that said I got my frame cut out and for the first time was able to lay my truck out. So I have some clearance issues that my plasma cutter and I are going to work out this weekend like crossmember hitting the driveline and exhaust laying on the floor when the truck is all the way down I believe with the tire size I have now ill be less than a inch from frame. but I set my ride height at about 6 inches off the ground my upper link bars at 6.7 deg and lowers at 0.03 so I got that set and in last night tonight im planning on building a crossmember and getting rid of the angle I used last night. I however now need help im not sure were to mount bags? I also have to figure out my exhaust. Im guessing but im thinking my air tank and compressors are ending up in the bed of the truck for now especially since im doing a new fuel tank in the next year just wanna drive it.... any suggestions or help on the bags and exhaust id really appreciate it..... pics suggestions....Name:  no bed.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  50.8 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  side.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  59.0 KB
Old 02-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #30
Frettsy

alright so I spent my day at work thinking about bag mounts and looking at other builds got some ideas headed to my buddys fab shop after work for my crossmember and mounts should be able to post pics tomorrow my truck is finally coming together!!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 02:40 AM   #31
Frettsy

Alright built a new crossmember 4 link is in and some pics to showName:  image.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  54.6 KB
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #32
Frettsy

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  55.1 KB
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #33
Frettsy

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  49.4 KB
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #34
502ms

Coming along nicely. I know you have a different style truck than mine, but maybe you can get some ideas from my frame. My trailing arms are moved outboard, and bags on either side. I lay frame on that. Flat.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
Frettsy

well I got my bag mounts tacked in last night then I ran out of welding gas so ill get that finished tonight hopefully as long as I can hold the wife off for a bit lol I need help wiring my valves and placement anyone have any help to off me ill have the bags finish mounted tonight then its time to start wiring and running air lines this weekend>>>> I need help I got my valves used from a buddy im running 8 valves 2 viar 380s and a 5 gal tank
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
Frettsy

well got my bag mounts in last night not sure if Im really happy with them but they will work and function properly so with that said here are some pics that puts my notch all done finally, crossmember all done, 4link complete all I got left are my rear shocks, which mine are to long gotta get new ones, and start running air line and wiring to my valves. also ordered a air tank itll be here next week....

Name:  photo2.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  50.4 KB

Name:  photo1.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  34.2 KB