The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
Littlejohn

project '71 C50 The Big Green Truck

I wish to share my latest project: The Big Green Truck.
I have been the proud owner of a '71 Chevy School Bus for the past 10 years. Mechanically the old bus was solid, If I could afford the gas, I would not be afraid to drive it across the country.
In 2006, insurance laws in the state of Oklahoma changed. I had RV insurance up until Nov. '10 when I let my policy lapse thinking I would pick it up in June before my next road trip out with it. To my suprise, I had been grandfathered in for the past 4 years on my policy. The only way to insure it now was to purchase Comercial insurance on it. Difference from $105 a year to a little over $1200. So, realizing I could not do this every year, I started looking for a way to remove the words "School Buss" from the title. The following build thread is the result.

I soon ran across this mockup from this site:

...and my goal was laid out infront of me.

I started this project in Nov. of '11, although my project is not quite finished, it is Tagged, Titled, and Insured. I am still in primer, and have a few touch up things to do before final paint.
Littlejohn is offline   Reply With Quote