The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
LSUMurse

Re: Looking for a project

I got mine last March and had to do it on Ebay. Most of the trucks I found in La that weren't barely running rust heaps were way out of my price range. I ended up having to drive all the way out to Austin, but I enjoyed driving the truck back.

If your life is a joke, it appears death will be your punchline.
LSUMurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #2
turp23

Yep, I already expanded my search from Texas to Florida!
Posted via Mobile Device
turp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
turp23

Are there other places to search besides craigslist? I have bought and sold on ebay before, but not a vehicle. I check the board here occasionally too. Is there a negative to finding a truck without a title?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #4
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

Well I have one for you.Best off buy one that is running and you can drive it your self.then i would think of idea's on what you want.This reminds me of the time I wanted a Hot Rod but did not know witch way i wanted to go.I found a 1968 camaro for 700.00 with a bad engine.and a dent in the door it was a 350 with the th350 trans AC power steering and No disc brakes no power brakes.Well i found a 400 small block that ran put it in and stated driving it.

Found out 2 weeks later i needed disc brakes and a front in bushing set.The mono leaf need to go as well put traction bar's in.Did not like the ***** column So i bought the 1969 Rs horse shoe shifter for the floor rather easy to hook up do to cable.

Kinda see where i'm heading with this.if your never drove one you will not have the feel of what it was like or after you changed something.Best thing i can say if you want a short bed Buy your self a short bed step side there a little easyer to come by and the used beds can range from 500.00 to 1000.00.But guy a running truck be for you start into a project.

Its Like a Race car you are in the market to buy a Roundie round car and you find one best off to just drop a motor in it and make it drivable first take it out o0n the track and see what needs to be changed.These are called baby steps.But they will save you a lot of time and money.

Some guys find out after they drive one they don't like the way they feel then they just sell it.try and buy one that has not be totally Modified.

But then again mabey your not looking for a truck maybe a 3 door suburban
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #5
turp23

I could be doing something bad tomorrow!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
turp23

Mine! Let me know what you think of the truck, good or bad. I did not bid on the auction, I got it off of craigslist. Should I keep everything in this thread, or should I start a new one after I get it off the trailer?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...orcev4exp=true
Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #7
JOJABOY

I know where you are coming from. That was me 6 months ago. My friend has a 1972 short bed super completely disassembled in his garage. He has a rust free cab with uncut dash and a/c. He said I could have it all (extra parts, motors and buddy buckets) for $1000. I almost had him talked down to $500 when I came across a long bed. I went for the 3/4 ton long bed instead.

I wanted a truck. One that I can use to haul things around with. I got the long wheel base and started looking for a cross bed tool box. Then I can store things and still have 6 feet of bed.

I am still trying to talk my wife into letting me get the 72 swb. LOL It's ok to have two trucks. Right???
JOJABOY is offline   Reply With Quote