The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #26
HotNotch

Re: Where in the World did you get yours ?

ok, first 67-72 truck. My dad wanted a 2wd short wheelbase bad, this was 10 or 11 years ago, looked all over and couldn't find a decent one, decided to drive up the street one day into the neighborhood right next to our house and low and behold, theres one sitting in a guys yard. He had to have it, it is a lowered 70 chevy short step with leaf springs, but it was a roller. He bought a mud truck blazer, grabbed the 454 and th400 out of it and put it in and started driving it. Then it sat for a long while (7 years or so) until I started bugging him about it. I brought it back down to the house after we got our new shop built, did some maintenance, and drove it all summer. Now its got a fleetside bed on it and getting repainted the color it is now. We call her brown sugar. Now for my first truck, I was gonna buy my buddys 4x4 mazda, but his parents sold it out from under me. I was bummed, and low and behold, my grandpa was watching his neighbors car lot for him while he was fishing and called me up there to look at a 4x4 toyota. 91 toyota 4x4 ex cab 5 speed, everything i wanted. Had a miss though, they bought it at auction and put plugs and wires on it and didnt fix it. I thought it was gonna need a rebuilt 22re. He bought it for 700, sold it to me for 500, and when i started messing with it, found out that somebody had the valves all out of adjustment and when I adjusted the valves, ran great. Buffed it, put brakes and ball joints on it, and some nice chevy wheels and tires and been driving it ever since. Every time I see him he says he wished he wouldve never sold me that truck lol
HotNotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #27
1972MarkW

This truck was purchased January 2008 from a local neighbor. This truck has been a monona county Iowa truck. The original owner passed away in 1981.The truck was willed to the oldest grandson. He didnt really want the truck but had enough space to store the truck for 27 years!!!!!! He kept the truck on jack stands and rodent free.The day i bought the truck it still had bias ply tires on it. Interior was in great shape The seat was the gray scottish plaid Hilander seat in excellent condition.This truck would rival the west coast trucks very little rust .I am in the final stages of a total nut and bolt restoration and will be showing it off at the World of Wheels in Omaha March 15-17.

''Whether you hear cheering or booing,as long as you still hear
noise,you still got it.'' Dale Earnhardt
1972MarkW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #28
Sicklajoie
The Niner

Shingle Springs, Ca. from Craigslist.
Flew out from Connecticut to California, drove it 50 miles, paid cash and flew back to Connecticut all in the same day.
Had it shipped back to Connecticut. Took 2 long weeks to get here.

What it looked like when I arrived in California.

Loaded on the hauler ready for the cross-country trip back to Conn.
Niner Progression Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=697183
Classic Trucks article: https://www.motortrend.com/features/...et-c20-driven/
Sicklajoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #29
SCHRUMGMC

But what would of happened if it fell into the Ocean ? LOL
Old 01-12-2013, 02:56 AM   #30
mikey2409

Story time on my 70
Found my 70 c10 on craigslist after driving on a cold snowy day last year my 97 ford f150 tranny decided to do what fords do best and left my on the side of I-5 at the time I just got tax return and was looking to get a 65 c10 and talked to a few owners that had them posted on cl and everytime I was driving to purchase the truck they some how sold them even with me offering more than their posts and what the truck was sold for and gave up on the last truck I was on my way to see a block or two away from his house I get a call the owner called to tell me his wife sold it when he was at work frustrated after driving 40mi up to this guys house at this point went on cl saw the 70 for sale guy calls me right as im walking in to my house went back up to the same area I just had left saw the and it had no brakes quick fix told him get a master call when he installed it ands the next day it was mine he hated that he finally got the brakes fixed and dailed
The end
Posted via Mobile Device
mikey2409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #31
CParnell

I got my '68 when I was 10. My grandfather gave it to me to tinker with. I had fixed all the other little things on his grain trucks and tractors, so he gave me the old truck that was parked in the trees. It had sat there for many years and I spent that summer getting it running again and have made sure it stayed running for 20+ years. This year I'm going to start a full restoration on it.

Me in the back of the truck at age 7ish.

1974 Olds Cutlass
CParnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #32
69GWC

Rescued mine off of CL in May of this year, Still have a few drive trian things to fix but once done I am looking to make it my DD.
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

69GWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #33
bsteele

I bought my '69 from a gentleman that lives about a mile from now. I actually dated his daughter WAYYYYYY back in high school. I remeber him having an old truck but not sure what it was. I stopped by his house one day about a year and a half ago to ask about it. We walked out behind his shop and there it was all covered up and sitting in the same spot for 18 years. Worked out a deal shook hands and went and got the trailer. Very little rust in the truck at all. Unusual for South Carolina.
bsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
Gokart Mozart

Craigslist (searchtempest) find 110 miles away. I traded my S-10 and a little coin and drove it back home.

Gokart Mozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #35
Don Quixote

I bought Rocinante in 97 as a winter beater and paid a few hundred bucks for it. The old bat wouldn't die so I kept it and pick away at it little by little. She's more of a frankenstein these days but she owes me nothing. As a soldier these days I use her for my PCS moves with my 25 foot v-nose. Even though the trailer is about 15000lb loaded she will pull it cross country like a champ. She is a beast to drive with no ps and the synchros were gone when I first bought it, just haven't gotten around to fixing the gearbox yet, but my wife can drive it and that's good because I had told her that I would trade her in for a later model before I ever parted with Rocinante.
Posted via Mobile Device

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.
Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 AM   #36
allchevy58

Bought mine from a private party just a couple of blocks from my house. Had it sitting in their backyard for 6 to 8 years. One day they pulled it up to the street with for sale sign in it.

1927 Willy's Knight 24,000 original miles, 1958 Impala 283/Powerglide, 1964 C-30 383/4 speed, 1971 Monte Carlo 350/350, 1972 GMC K2500 350/350, 1976 Chev. K10 350/350, 2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD LBZ Duramax/Allison, 2006 Chev. Silverado K3500 LBZ Duramax/Allison
allchevy58 is offline   Reply With Quote