The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #26
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona
Re: Opinions on Engine Color? Orange or Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Whitey~ View Post
Here's mine. I'll be taking my truck back to it's original color of Black. Orange would look good with Black also.. I just like Green better.

If you could match the color of your truck with some chrome accents that would look really nice in my opinion.
Love the color you selected. My machine shop talked me out of going that exact color on my 396 build. I am glad I stayed GM, but that green is sharp!

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #27
Sammy

Finding pesky leaks on a black painted blocks are much more difficult. I like the orange first then any thing else besides the black on the block itself. Looks so much cleaner that way. IMHO.

"You can wash a pig, soak it in most expensive perfume. In the end it is still just a pig."

ODD BALL build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=478629"
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #28
GRX

My vote = Gold. Have had a few Olds cars in my time and it looks great.
Orange reminds me too much of Chevy.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #29
luvbowties

Wink Re: Opinions on Engine Color? Orange or Gold

I thoroughly enjoyed driving my truck for ~3-4 years just about everywhere I went--including church, business meetings, out to dinner. Had the underhood 'popping', as some say; had the interior comfy, pretty, & safe w/shoulder belts exiting the 2005 seat-tops. The mechanics were quite modernized, in looks, in performance, in ease of operation, and in dependability. The new carpet and interior upgrades were easy to keep the inside nice enough for any passenger I 'invited' to ride with me.

Since October(paint-time!) I have mostly enjoyed looking at it sitting in my garage, driving it only occasionally as I'm cautious about getting the beautiful, new paint flawed somehow. Mine looked quite good in its natural, original skin. But it did not come really close to the looks of yours in its apparent original state.

Said all this to make one distinct point: one does not see these 60's trucks looking solid and original at the same time very often. Personally, I think 2 trucks should be in your stable--one to resto-mod to show quality to be attracting to the eyes. The other, this present one, to have all the comforts and looks of up-to-date specs under the hood, under the frame, AND inside the cab...but with the 'easy-on-the-eyes', almost timid outside appearance it now commands, while you stop at times, while driving by yourself, to allow yourself to get out and laugh up your sleeve.

That outside look you now have is only there once--and disappears for good the minute someone aims a paint gun at it.

Wouldn't it be great to have just enough $ to make these idealistic dreams a reality?

Enjoy your ride. Sounds like it's yours. I'm happy for you to be blessed in having access to such enjoyable material possessions, even if merely for a finite time!

Did I ask if you ever pondered over what color to paint that Olds engine?

Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote