The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
Amorget

Re: New to the forum, NW Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckRodder View Post
Yeah, pretty close. Now we need to get together, drink some cold frosties and get some work done on something!
Posted via Mobile Device
That would be fun. I couldn't see the pictures at work but it looks like you have a great project. At the last swapmeet in Monroe my wife and I brought home a cab, doors, fenders, hood, and piles of misc parts for a great price. You aren't kidding about people not wanted to take the bigger things home with them, at the end of the day things like hoods and fenders can go for a song.
Amorget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
RedneckRodder

Re: New to the forum, NW Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorget View Post
That would be fun. I couldn't see the pictures at work but it looks like you have a great project. At the last swapmeet in Monroe my wife and I brought home a cab, doors, fenders, hood, and piles of misc parts for a great price. You aren't kidding about people not wanted to take the bigger things home with them, at the end of the day things like hoods and fenders can go for a song.
Can't tell you how many times I've heard "If I bring this back home, the wife will kill me"

My favorites are the craigslist finds though. I bought 2 brand new long box bed sides, tailgate, front panel, cross sills, bed wood and strips, stainless wiper arms w/ new blades and the fancy little chrome bezels, headlights, mirrors and a bunch of other little odds and ends................ All repro stuff, new in the box. All of that for what one of those bedsides would have cost if I had bought it and paid shipping. Seems the seller had sold his truck due to an injury he got in Iraq, but the truck buyer didn't want any of the spare parts! Deffinetly worth the ferry fee to get to Port Orchard and back.
Posted via Mobile Device
RedneckRodder is offline   Reply With Quote