The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
csermonet47

Re: 1963 C10 Bogging Under Heavy Throttle

Oh it is plenty mobile as of now, it is just not "right" if you know what I mean. Was just hoping I could get it dialed in more than it is.
csermonet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #27
stony66

Do you have an inline filter between the fuel pump and carb,if so try taking the filter in the inlet of the carb out.I have been dealing with this on mine,cleaned tank,new fuel pump and all new lines and filters,carb apart too many times to count.Replaced fuel pump again ,carb apart two more times,finally took that little filter out,started purring like a kitten.I had the little filter in the correct way,don't know why or how but mine is running like a champ now.Hope this helps.
stony66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #28
benwah

Check the gap on your points. And make sure the cam for the points is lubed. Vasiline will work fine. Not a lot just a light film on the cam. I had several customers do "tuneups" and couple hundred miles later bring it to me. Every time the cam is dry. At first I was blameing them. Untill the petronix let go in my 273. I walked to the auto store up the street to get a set of points and condencer,. No biggie I tell the parts guy 318 mopar points and condencer. The kid comes back with two small boxes. Great I open them..... No cam lube. Ok ask the kid for cam lube...,WOW! I must have had a deer in the headlights. He calls the Mc manager over about my request. This guy has at least 15 years on me told me that you dont need to lube the cam!! OK there was a drug store on the walk back to my truck baught a can of vasilline.
benwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #29
thelawdoc

Cermonet47, so what did you ever do about your Roch B? I always hate to hear about someone getting rid of their Roch B on the sole premise of it being "simply old and worn out." That is because I have one, so all I want to hear is that it will go a lifetime! I know she can be finicky. When I decided to do my own rebuild of my carb, I found that it can be tedious. I had mine spread out over my dining room table for a few days and went at it with everything from a Dremel tool to pipe cleaners. As for warping, I found that these Zamak-type castings can be worked on reasonably easily with a sharp, flat file along with careful attention to stay level as you go around the edge of the mating surface between the airhorn and float bowl. You do this until you cannot see light between the parts. And I found that all those passageways in the castings have to be cleaned and blown out real well, and then blown out again. Mistakes about the size of the check balls used will also irritate her. And she gets insulted if you swap out the leather plunger for the newer, synthetic one. About the only real headache I can see concerns the throttle body shaft. If its bearing gets worn, you have to sleeve it -a task that is quite doable if you have some basic machinist's knowledge. Ok, I know this thread is somewhat aged, but if you catch it, give a word. Alden
thelawdoc is offline   Reply With Quote