The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #26
Clarance J

Re: Task Force - Door WON'T Open/The Other Won't Latch!

Hey Dan. Those latch plates that you have are the correct plate for your 55. The one I showed you were replacement parts that I ordered from Golden State Pickup in 5-11-05 for my 55. The reason I suppect they are original is that those are the same one's I replaced, the 1 piece stamped, with the riveted two piece. I've owned my truck for forty-three years now and had never replaced the plates. I've had to weld them up several times over the years but that was just the drivers side.

Today my wife asked what was I doing so long on the computer. I told her and she started checking out your truck. Went back to the first page and looked at the work and progress and said I really like that color. She saw all the rustoleum greens and said thats the color of your next truck. I said OK
Old 03-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #27
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Task Force - Door WON'T Open/The Other Won't Latch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarance J View Post
....Today my wife asked what was I doing so long on the computer. I told her and she started checking out your truck. Went back to the first page and looked at the work and progress and said I really like that color. She saw all the rustoleum greens and said thats the color of your next truck. I said OK
Oh, ha ha. I'm glad someone else likes it.

The problem I've got now is the two tone interior no longer matchs the exterior. I loved that scheme but now I guess I'm gonna have to rework it. Rustoleum's satin Sage is an awful (in my opinion) minty color not at all like the nice green the gloss Sage is. I'll figure something out. Thanks for reading the whole thread. Lots of junk in it!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote