The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #26
pissonNOS

im not sayin i would ever drive one let alone own one. not sayin we should respect them either. but there are some out there with functional hoods and such
Old 06-29-2003, 09:53 PM   #27
pissonNOS

im not sayin i would ever drive one let alone own one. not sayin we should respect them either. but there are some out there with functional hoods and such
Old 06-29-2003, 10:12 PM   #28
FILICE72C10

I have a farm truck but......

my WRX is a bit faster.
Attached Images

FILICE72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #29
FILICE72C10

can you see the golden gate , no wonder why i pay so much for rent!

Top left of the telephone pole
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2003, 11:55 PM   #30
wild4wheels

I love our Subie! Went from BMW's to a Subaru Impreza Wagon and just love it. Handles great, quick little thing too. I bought it for the wife..my only regret is NOT spending the extra $6K and getting the WRX. Drove one, and let me tell ya, they ARE friggin fast! Just wait a sec. for the turbo to spool up and WHAM!, it'll keep your backside in your seat.

As far as the whole "ricer" thing again, I've said my piece before, no use beating a dumb horse....... But..I will say this, there are ricers that are ugly AND stupid...there are trucks on THIS BOARD that are ugly AND stupid..in MY opinion.. but least we all(ricers and us) do something with them(our ride of choice) instead of driving around in a bone stock car(or truck).

Current truck
"Ida Mae" 71 K5 Blazer

Former Trucks
"Loretta" 71 Longbed (AZ)
"Tanya" 69 Stepside (AZ)
"Ferdinand" 71 Longhorn (SD)
"Patches" 67 Panel (IA/ KY)
"Rosita" 68 C30 (KY)

Instagram @Wildforwheels @k5_klub @c10university

Profile pic provided by Jeff Sundance
wild4wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 12:35 AM   #31
jjk3
It's just a check engine lamp.

I'm actually into the ricers. Unlike most of the other guys though I would do all my motor upgrades or swap first then take car of the body work. I actually have an '88 Honda Civic HB, but I wrecked it a month or two ago. Dirt road + dogs running in front of you = hitting embankment and ending up in the ditch. Sucks, but at least I still have my truck. There is just something about driving and owning a classic that gets my blood pumping. Just me, my truck, the road, and some Beach Boys (or Eagles).

One thing I would like to point out. Aren't most of us younger kids doing exactley what our fathers and grandfathers used to do? Find a vehicle that is cheap, readily available, has alot of bolt on parts, and customize it. Didn't everyone used to do that with Bel-Airs? Just my 2 pennies. You don't have to respect them, just respect the hobby and love for cars/trucks.

68 SWB Stepside 250 L6/3 on the floor/ Hedman headers, HEI, MSD 6A box, K&N filter, Offy intake and Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel
Soon to have: WC T-5 five speed
66 SWB Stepside-undergoing restoration
jjk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:36 AM   #32
1969 GMC

I think you have to realize that amongst the ricers there are really 2 separate schools of thought...the first group is the group that just gets a fart can, a ridiculous spoiler, Type-R decals, and window tint. This first group drives their cars just to get attention, often they drive cars that anyone with common sense wouldn't drive (like a Saturn, Pontiac Sunfire, Ford Probe, or a Hyundai Tiburon). Then there is the second group, the group that modifies cars because it is something they like to do, and enjoy racing and having a capable car. This group actually does work to the engine, adds forced induction, nitrous, and does suspension and chassis mods, to make the car better. Sometimes there are people that make the two groups run together...like teenagers living from their parents' bank acount, or anyone else with too much money and not enough brains...that will build a show car, but give it the capability of going fast but never driving it as such.

Personally, if I had some money, I'd buy a brand new ricer for a commuter car...but I'd have a hard time picking one. Honda Accord EX V6 6-Speed, Acura RSX Type-S, Acura CL Type-S, WRX, WRX STi...they're all cool.
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:11 AM   #33
brennecke

There's a guy near me that has a 500 HP Rx-7. I heard he modified it more and got 650. I haven't seen it since he modified it this last time, but I'll bet nobody here drives a truck that could catch him.

I'll agree that that spoilers on front wheel drive cars that will never see the topside of 90MPH is rediculous. Won't stop me from selling them though.
Never tire of doing what is right II Thess. 3:13
Northeast Missouri
71 LWB original 350 3/speed
Soon to be 500
brennecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:15 AM   #34
barn9
Half a bubble off!

Filice72C10, all joking about ricers aside, I've seen and read that the WRX is one hell of a road car, and fun to drive, so is it? And what is the difference in the WRX and the Sti? The wing on the WRX might be acceptable to me, but that high wing on the Sti looks absoulutely silly to me, even if it is functional.

Last edited by barn9; 06-30-2003 at 10:18 AM.
barn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:33 AM   #35
speesh

Quote:
Originally posted by messed up c-10

Looks like Its gonna be a quick ass car. Don't look to bad either.
My first impression....."Factory Rice!"

Then I remember watching rally races on t.v. and wishing like hell I had one! I would definitely love to have a wrx, but I dont at all like the look of the spoiler and the scoop. Oh yeah, and I thought gold wheels were for lowriders.....
"Walk softly and carry a big stick" or in the words of the Fonz, "if you are cool you don't have to say you are cool........."

And I do agree about there being two types of ricers, just as there are more than one type of truck owner. Some of us like em lowered, some stock, and some raised, but they all show our own individual taste and I am not going to insult anyone for what they like.... by the way I drive a stock "86 VW golf and it is a blast to drive on the twisty mountain roads.....
speesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 06:43 PM   #36
Stingray42
Woot.

i have a sticker that says if i wanted to hear the s*it comeing out of you stereo i would be sitting in your f-ing car

LOL

Where did u get it?
I want one too!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 06:43 PM   #37
Stingray42
Woot.

i have a sticker that says if i wanted to hear the s*it comeing out of you stereo i would be sitting in your f-ing car

LOL

Where did u get it?
I want one too!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 07:20 PM   #38
67Fleetsidedream
Wiseass secured himself a BAN

I have respect for the WRX. 217hp 227ftlbs torque on demand and still get 27 miles per gallon. I have drove one and they are not the typical ricermobile. They are fun to drive.
67Fleetsidedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:35 PM   #39
87 STEPPER
STILL PLAYS WITH TRUX

Re: these import kids are on crack

Quote:
Originally posted by tickets
Man, what are they thinkin? I can't wait till this fad passes.
Like em or not it's not a fad and it aint gonna go away i hope they are here for ever so will allways have some one to beat up on!

MY 87 STEPPER

MY 99 2D/WD TAHOE
87 STEPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 10:29 PM   #40
FILICE72C10

my WRX is nice. I was looking for another car to drive to work and this one has worked well. I added a few suspension treats to make me happy.

New front and rear sway bars
New rear sway bar mounts
Anti-lift kit (to keep the front from raising under acceleration)
Front and rear tower bars
and some new OZ supperleggera 18 with 235 40ZR18 Nitto rubbers

I may not be able to break 0-60 in 5 seconds but i can corner at 60!
Old 07-01-2003, 12:59 AM   #41
pissonNOS

jjk3, and 69GMC, I agree totally wit both of you
I just wonder in 30 years are our kids goin to be fixing up civics and what have you im trying to compare this to us now fixing up 30 yr old camaros and chevelles darts chargers and what ever else. I cant see someone fixing up a plastic sunfire or a f*rd focus or a dodge neon
Old 07-01-2003, 07:25 AM   #42
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Quote:
Originally posted by jjk3
Unlike most of the other guys though I would do all my motor upgrades or swap first then take car of the body work.
Me too. I have a swap in my 89 CRX. Its built 2 liter and I spray nitrous too. However, the exterior is spray painted flat black. No altezzas, wings, or lights that dont belong here. Its getting painted soon though back to original color and scheme. Sleeper style.

1936 Ford Pickup - Frame-off in progress link
1979 Chevrolet Camper Special Flatbed link
bagged81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:33 PM   #43
tickets

i dig the sleeper look, thats probably why i dump all my cash into the drive train and not the body work. its probably from reading to many 4wd mag's. the way back from work an hour ago some riced out car cut out right in front of me so bad i had to change lanes to miss him. it pissed me off, i hit the gas and laid down 2 big black marks. now i have a reckless driving court date, ouch.
tickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 06:52 PM   #44
dtlilly
Account Suspended

We all had our fads that in retrospect were hilarious. Anyone remember the 70'S where we put shackles on the rear springs to lift the rear end up in the air to put big race tires on? I have to laugh today about the poor ride and handling, not to mention the feeling of continuely driving down hill
dtlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:53 PM   #45
jjk3

pissonNOS--I had been wondering the exact same thing. I don't think most people realize what kinda cars/trucks will becoming classics pretty soon. Will you believe it when Astro Vans, Caravans, and Supras start becoming classics?

bagged81--What type of motor do you have in your CRX (what #, or outa what)? I love the hatchbacks bec. they are so light. Not to mention they don't look all that bad. BTW, what have you done to the motor?

dtlilly--Isn't the memory a great thing. I'm 17 so I wasn't around for any of that stuff, but I have heard about some weird stuff from then. Pet rocks and afros(sp?)

68 SWB Stepside 250 L6/3 on the floor/ Hedman headers, HEI, MSD 6A box, K&N filter, Offy intake and Edelbrock 600cfm 4 barrel
Old 07-02-2003, 07:11 AM   #46
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Quote:
Originally posted by jjk3
bagged81--What type of motor do you have in your CRX (what #, or outa what)? I love the hatchbacks bec. they are so light. Not to mention they don't look all that bad. BTW, what have you done to the motor?
Its a crvtec w/ 92 GSR tranny and either a 80 or 100 shot of direct port. I am between clutches at the moment. I dont have any numbers of any kind as of yet. I just drive the crap out of it. I have put 20k on it since mid September.

Block:
97 CRV
10.5 JE pistons
Eagle rods
CM 9lb flywheel
CTR N1 crank pulley

Head:
89 SiR
01 ITR cams
01 ITR outer v springs
Portflow inner v springs
Portflow ti retainers

Electronics:
chipped P28 ecu w/ Vision chip
converted to OBD1

Thats is about it.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #47
chevykid04
4 speed, hurst shiftin

personally i dont like the ricer look, but , there are some that have stuff done worth something, my friends friend has a car that has a gay decal and tail lights, but, its got 2k rims tenzo tires and will be pushing 250hp next week when he puts in nitrous, with stock internals, i see how it goes :-/ but yeah , its a decent car
Old 07-03-2003, 12:03 PM   #48
brennecke

Quote:
Will you believe it when Astro Vans, Caravans, and Supras start becoming classics?
Already happened. Supras especially with turbos are hot stuff. 280z are collectible too.
Never tire of doing what is right II Thess. 3:13
Northeast Missouri
71 LWB original 350 3/speed
Soon to be 500
brennecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:30 AM   #49
jjk3

brennecke--I must be stuck in the past. Whenever I see anything referring to 1997 or so I still think it's almost brand new. Time just hasn't set in yet.

bagged81--That sounds like a sweeeeet ride. Expensive, but sweet. I've heard some about the CRV motors (all good). So you run any type of aftermarket ignition setup (MSD, Jacobs, etc.) to help out with the NOS? Have you taken it to the track?

Old 07-05-2003, 11:01 AM   #50
bagged81
Signals in the bumper.

Yea, I run a MSD Digital 6 ignition. I have not had it at the track yet. I need slicks bad. I have a hard time with traction w/o nitrous so I havent wasted my time trying to spray at the track.