The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #26
70cst

Re: 1972 cheyenne in VA on craigslist NM

I am not sure about value but it does look like a very nice truck from the pictures. As been said... it is expensive to fix up a truck that look like this.
Thanks for sharing

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #27
Spartan

Looks nice. We know from experience to give it the fine tooth comb.
I'd take points off for paint not OG. I never have that kind of cash all at once though so I'll just admire it from my desktop.

Cheers!
Nim
Posted via Mobile Device

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
ezstriper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972SuperCheyenne View Post
Looks to be a nice truck. Lots of haters on here I see, LOL. You wont build it for that, worth every bit of his asking price to someone who wants to buy one outright and drive it instead of a multi year project truck.
Exactly !!!! just start going thru a supply book and ad up parts prices...
ezstriper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #29
ironroad9c1
Master Hater

I don't to buy something I can't use as it was intended, my trucks I am not afraid to use as trucks. Shiney paint and straight sheetmetal have there place, but A real trucks doesn't keep either for long.
"This evening, all of you bleeding hearts... why don't just go ahead and hug yourself for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended".- Captain Owen Honors
ironroad9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #30
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironroad9c1 View Post
I don't to buy something I can't use as it was intended, my trucks I am not afraid to use as trucks. Shiney paint and straight sheetmetal have there place, but A real trucks doesn't keep either for long.
That may be true for you, however, MOST of this board doesn't buy a Cheyenne Super, throw a ton of bricks in the bed, thrash it through a field and put it up wet at night. I love a good beater truck as much as anyone else but that doesn't mean you have to destroy it to feel like you're treating it as a truck.
I guess Im just not into trucks that look like they have been rolled down a hill sideways and have "Sight Holes" through every panel, lol. If you can see your window regulator through the outside of the truck there is an issue!

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #31
ironroad9c1
Master Hater

there is a big difference between using and abusing, I try not to abuse my ****, but I'm not gonna baby it, its a truck, If i wanted something with a bed that I couldn't haul anything in I would have bought an el camino..lol
don't get all uptight man.
"This evening, all of you bleeding hearts... why don't just go ahead and hug yourself for the next 20 minutes or so, because there's a really good chance you're gonna be offended".- Captain Owen Honors
ironroad9c1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #32
special-K
Special Order

Nobody's getting uptight...man. A shortbed big block with many comfort & convenience options is valuable in builder condition. I compare these trucks with El Caminos. Same category,if you ask me. They were built for comfort,sportiness,as well as "light" utility. No one ever ordered a shortbed big block with comfort & convenience options to use as a heavy hauler to make their bread and butter. El Caminos saw plenty of work duty in their day as well as shortbeds,but a guy went out and bought a C/20 for doing real truck work. GM made a truck for everyone back then,so it's no different today. You get what you want.

There is no deceit going on here. The dealer listed it as a Cheyenne. Could be as simple as all Chevy Trucks these days are referred to as Cheyennes and just a simple mistake. They never said the truck has original paint OR color. But,they do provide pictures that make it obvious it's not original color. That's he we can all be sitting at our computers,never one of us seeing this trucks,and say what it was originally. We also haven't had a conversation with this dealer. Who's to say this wouldn't be one of the first thing they point out. The fact is,they are telling us by showing us the SPID before we have decided to call or go look. The fact is,even when the most honest person in the world is selling a vehicle it's still buyer beware. It's up to you as a buyer to "ask". It's whether you get an honest answer or not that draws the line between honest and crooked. I have bought vehicles and kicked myself in the butt for a thing or two. I mean,I took the blame for the decision I made. I have also gone after the seller,even threatened legal action when I had a problem with something I asked specific questions about and their answer is what I based my decision on buying by. I don't give a hoot about "as is". That means nothing when they tell you it's a brand new transmission and within two weeks you have a cloud of smoke following you from a transmission with a crack across the top. That's when you tell them that the people who issued their license to sell vehicles won't like hearing about this.

No one here can buy and build a factory shortbed big block and make money from it for $17,000. That's right,make money from it. This is a dealership in business to make money. Maybe if Joe Blow was selling the same truck after he did all the work (and probably have this much in it) he may be asking a thousand or two less...after he got some use out of it. But this,and any others like it,is $15,000 truck all day long. I'm building my own '67 SBC shortbed from parts and already figure at least $15,000 I'll have in it and that's with getting some good deals on parts,or buying them years ago before prices shot up

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 07-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #33
stsalvage
Scrapper 1

I know special-K he's spot on about his trucks.But in my mind No truck is worth more then a Blue book factory 1969 Camaro with the DZ motor in it if you go in Kelly blue book or Hastings they have market value my friends second owner 1969 Z28 for Good condition is unrestored at $45,000 here in calif No truck can topple a more Rear less Numbers then any truck.The high numbers people put on these trucks is just a Rip off At this moment there are just a hand full of you that would even think about paying $50,000 for the truck.

One other thing China buyers and Jap buyers and AUS buyers from the last Hot sheet i saw from orders for any car's or trucks leaving the states are None of are trucks there where 14 calls for the AAR Cuda with the 340 or the Hemi and there down on price at $89,000 Barrett Jackson would over look this short bed NO paper work

Plus i bet if this truck hit auction right now mabey $35,000 the buyers are not out there for $65,000.00 Me i rather have a 1968 Charger with 440 for that price tag and i own 13 of these trucks and 2 3 door Suburbans or Carry All's

I bought this 1971 Cheyenne for 650.00 back in 08 when every one was losing there houses and there farms and With what that truck is going for with the condition mine is in now i should get 8000.00 to 10,000.00 just the way it sits right now and mine being a true calif truck makes it worth more right NO mabey less cancer.

these trucks and car's people are asking for are inflated prices If that guy needed to pay a note on his business he sell it for what ever he could get.

And from what OPEC is talking about a barrow or oil will hit 145.00 here in are summer months and be back down in Oct
Attached Images

stsalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #34
keh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Nobody's getting uptight...man. A shortbed big block with many comfort & convenience options is valuable in builder condition. I compare these trucks with El Caminos. Same category,if you ask me. They were built for comfort,sportiness,as well as "light" utility. No one ever ordered a shortbed big block with comfort & convenience options to use as a heavy hauler to make their bread and butter. El Caminos saw plenty of work duty in their day as well as shortbeds,but a guy went out and bought a C/20 for doing real truck work. GM made a truck for everyone back then,so it's no different today. You get what you want.

There is no deceit going on here. The dealer listed it as a Cheyenne. Could be as simple as all Chevy Trucks these days are referred to as Cheyennes and just a simple mistake. They never said the truck has original paint OR color. But,they do provide pictures that make it obvious it's not original color. That's he we can all be sitting at our computers,never one of us seeing this trucks,and say what it was originally. We also haven't had a conversation with this dealer. Who's to say this wouldn't be one of the first thing they point out. The fact is,they are telling us by showing us the SPID before we have decided to call or go look. The fact is,even when the most honest person in the world is selling a vehicle it's still buyer beware. It's up to you as a buyer to "ask". It's whether you get an honest answer or not that draws the line between honest and crooked. I have bought vehicles and kicked myself in the butt for a thing or two. I mean,I took the blame for the decision I made. I have also gone after the seller,even threatened legal action when I had a problem with something I asked specific questions about and their answer is what I based my decision on buying by. I don't give a hoot about "as is". That means nothing when they tell you it's a brand new transmission and within two weeks you have a cloud of smoke following you from a transmission with a crack across the top. That's when you tell them that the people who issued their license to sell vehicles won't like hearing about this.

No one here can buy and build a factory shortbed big block and make money from it for $17,000. That's right,make money from it. This is a dealership in business to make money. Maybe if Joe Blow was selling the same truck after he did all the work (and probably have this much in it) he may be asking a thousand or two less...after he got some use out of it. But this,and any others like it,is $15,000 truck all day long. I'm building my own '67 SBC shortbed from parts and already figure at least $15,000 I'll have in it and that's with getting some good deals on parts,or buying them years ago before prices shot up
I agree with you completely, almost wish I would have bought one like this instead of building my own. But I love the fact that I will know what I have.
keh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #35
ezstriper

value comes down to what somebody is willing to pay....just like anything else...personally I feel if somebody spends big $$$ to restore a car, truck, boat, house whatever...they should be able to get decent $$ for it...now I know most will never get what they put in...but if you are considering do a car/truck...and you price out what it's going to cost..then X2...cause it will...then the asking price for a nice turn key one can look like a bargin...
ezstriper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #36
special-K
Special Order

This truck is $17,000 +/-,right? I'd bet anyone could offer $15k (maybe less) and drive it away. Do you not think a savvy dealer wouldn't expect any buyer to offer less and price that in? You would,wouldn't you? Now take a day or two to look around,then come back and tell me what you found at $15k. Make sure they're big block SWB Fleetsides with A/C. You can come back and join me in wondering where all this yackity yack is coming from? Like no honest person here has ever changed color on a truck? If this guy was a crook he could have easily had a SPID made that read YE9 Cheyenne Super and stuck trim/emblems on (and asked more)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote