The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #26
sqrlnts

Re: Task Force window seals?

Tim, your wife is one handy MoFo! I will PM you my email address if you want to email them to me.
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #27
1958Warrior

The 2 sided tape might work for the division bar , I don't know about the blanket material , will absorb water ? not good for the doors . I would think a fabric shop would have something like a polyester fuzzy material. or check the local glass store like Devine59 suggested.
I watched the one piece glass videos , very neat mod , got me thinking about it. There's a glass co. here in Dallas advertises on CL the glass for $65 ea. + another $30-60 for the channel , + the fuzzies . probably $230 ish to do the one piece mod. not too bad compare to $390 at Brothers and you still don't get everything you need.
1958Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 AM   #28
1project2many

Getting good felt installed will make a world of difference inside your truck but those prices seem high. Universal stuff is generally sold by the foot. I don't believe I paid over $120 to do all four windows in my '36 Plymouth.

I'd start at the glass shop but here's a page with universal channel run felt:
http://www.jegs.com/p/SoffSeal/SoffS...88463/10002/-1

Golden State Pickup Parts has a window channel felt kit as 21-293AK for $85. They include a roll of sticky back felt, possibly for the division bar, where it looks like LMC includes hard backed felt for this.

I'm sure some good searching on the 'net will come up with a shop willing to sell felt by the foot.
1project2many is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #29
dubie

Here it is bud. She used a spray on scotch guard to protect the fabric, but really, this truck won't be sitting outside in any excessive amount of rain or snow, so it should last a while. You could even use vinyl or something a little more durable in the elements to make a seal. The windows seal up nice and tight with no issues on rolling them up or down

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
Russell Ashley

Tim, your wife is definitely a keeper. My wife doesn't help me with my truck but she doesn't complain about the money I spend on it. I've had an old project car the whole 48 years we've been married so she's used to it.

Sqrlnts, Restoration Specialties, www.restorationspecialties.com is a good source of window channel and rubber parts.
Russell Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #31
sqrlnts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubie View Post
Here it is bud.
Thanks for the image Tim, you got my gears turning. I have a metric $hit ton of bicycle inner tubes, can you ask the boss if she thinks those would work? Also how far down the channel did she line the window track in the back? I can install the front not problem with the vent window out but the back may get tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Sqrlnts, Restoration Specialties, www.restorationspecialties.com is a good source of window channel and rubber parts.
Thanks Russel, mostly looks like rubber for 1/4" glass. Mine measure almost .433"
I sent them an email anyway to see if they have other stuff.
sqrlnts is offline   Reply With Quote