The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #26
FetchMeAPepsi

Re: Holy smokes..144K invested in this thruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyDuncan View Post
If I was going to spend that kind of money building a truck it would be mostly on tools and expanding my garage.
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow the thought of that much for new tools and an add-on to the garage. Drooled a little on my shirt.

See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #27
luvbowties

Question Re: Holy smokes..144K invested in this thruck

Also, there is quite often a sizeable difference between money "spent" and money "invested"! How many of us have re-done certain projects on our builds? Like rebuilding brake system, only to later take it off and convert to disc? Or re-build a front end and later remove it all and slide under a later model cross-member with modern front end components? Or repair the fuel tank/fuel gauge system and later re-design and convert to an under bed unit?
Do you add the cost of ALL spent to determine cost of the rebuild? Or do you count only the cost of the final products/projects remaining? Totally different accounting methods, based on the purpose of the amount desired to admit, divulge, reveal, or claim.
sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #28
1963c-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbowties View Post
Also, there is quite often a sizeable difference between money "spent" and money "invested"! How many of us have re-done certain projects on our builds? Like rebuilding brake system, only to later take it off and convert to disc? Or re-build a front end and later remove it all and slide under a later model cross-member with modern front end components? Or repair the fuel tank/fuel gauge system and later re-design and convert to an under bed unit?
Do you add the cost of ALL spent to determine cost of the rebuild? Or do you count only the cost of the final products/projects remaining? Totally different accounting methods, based on the purpose of the amount desired to admit, divulge, reveal, or claim.
sam
Very good point that you brought up. I spoke to a man a few months ago about a 63....very same thing. "I have $60k in the truck over the last ten years". Which included 2 different engines, a trans , a rear end and half of a Chinese repop truck. Although none of them were currently in the truck or going with it, except for the repop front end.... but the owner based his price on what he'd spent since he had the truck, not as the truck currently sat.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
theastronaut

Quote:
sam
This sounds strangely familiar...
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #30
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

I think it looks like a nicely detailed truck that appears to have been built by a professional shop. It doesn’t show the problems associated with a sloppy job trying to do a quick flip for cash. It appears someone really invested in it.

The problem is it will never be a 57 Chevy convertible, a Corvette, or some other numbers matching ultra desirable model, which can command similar prices.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #31
chevyman95

I would imagine it isn't cool to list it as certified pre-owned either since it doesn't fit that definition.
chevyman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #32
67swb72klb

Quote:
sam

I have seen this done also and it adds up in a hurry
but..... it is a realy nice truck
Old 08-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #33
six-in-a-row

But, it has a large camshaft.

I'm in San Jose. I can confirm the mortgage sucks, the weather's great, and that's a nice truck that I've NEVER seen anywhere.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #34
scottofksu

Quote:
Originally Posted by six-in-a-row View Post
But, it has a large camshaft.
AND he only lost 19 horsepower from the flywheel to the ground! That's what a "large camshaft" will get you!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #35
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottofksu View Post
AND he only lost 19 horsepower from the flywheel to the ground! That's what a "large camshaft" will get you!
more than likely a misprint.
still is a pretty nice looking truck though
ron
padresag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #36
six-in-a-row

If I saw this truck at a show I honestly don't even know if I'd give it a second look. They are trucks and I like them a little rougher looking. To each their own, but knowing that thing cost that much to make, and that the guy probably didn't do any of it himself makes me dislike it a little more. That's the coolest thing about old cars, you can hand over the cash- but it ain't really yours until you wrench on it.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #37
Vernski

What is that saying about a dead horse? Still in all it is a purdy truck no matter what anyone saysVernski
Vernski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #38
luvbowties

Wink Re: Holy smokes..144K invested in this thruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernski View Post
What is that saying about a dead horse? Still in all it is a purdy truck no matter what anyone saysVernski
Good point, Vern. You won't need it, but I could use some help: Would you consider going in halvers and we buy it together? Looks like one I could really enjoy having parked in my cul-de-sac about 15 days(with good weather forecasts) per month--almost too nice to chance driving!
Sam
luvbowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #39
Budman56

The sad fact of the truth is, it would easy to spend a sh$t load of money on a truck or any car, but what it really boils down to, are you building it for your self or to sell. If it is for your self there is no problem with spending 144k but if your going to resale it your market just got so small you will probably never sell it. I have done all the work to my truck except the powder coating and rebuilding the motor, and I have almost 20k in to it. I really wish that I would have thought twice about spending that kind of money, but it too late to cry over spilled milk. And most likely that is what this owner did.

......................_____
.........________//__{\_____
,,,,,,,/__(O)___//___/__(O)_/
Budman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #40
padresag

perhaps what it really boils down to is the limit of your disposable funds. there are the ones who have it and the ones who dream about it; then there is reality and your own limitations. you can't blame the guys who does though because of your own short falls
ron
Old 08-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #41
Choppermike1976

Actually what he ment to say us that the bedsides are hollowed out and filled with 144k worth of the columbian bang bang to the first lucky buyer,I'm kidding
Posted via Mobile Device
Choppermike1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #42
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

How funny ... That truck looked familiar, so .....

I just read the Ebay Ad and its in SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA ... My Home town.

After viewing all the pics ... and the tilt up bed plank for fuel fill, it dawned on me

I saw this truck in person in Santa Clara (next town over) where there is a gettogether every Wednesday afternoon in the summer.

It is a very nice truck ..... but I don't see that much $ into it ...

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #43
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Either it has a bad $90,000 paint job or maybe he meant to put down $14,400. That sounds a little low cause the motor itself probably cost $8,000. Who knows! But $144,000 is a little much, especially when the under carrage is plain black. All in all is a very nice truck. My buck.

Last edited by TJ's Chevy; 08-07-2013 at 10:40 AM.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #44
bonacker

All that alleged money spent and the wood in the bed isn't even sanded enough? In the pix with the raised bed panel, the planer chatter marks are easily visible. Also, the "we made our own custom gauging equipment"....ummm, yeah, a paint stick or wood ruler (as in another pix). I will say it is a nice truck, but, as other posts bring out, painted hood hinges, no blackout behind the grill--very little actual detail in the truck. Definitely a bunch of money was spent but I say no way that much. I have seen plenty of trucks and cars better than that for 1/5 to 1/4 that amount. The "description" write up is just too over the top for me too (see "we made our own custom gauging equipment") among others. All in all, good for him and his truck but no way will it sell.
bonacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #45
1963c-10

There are a lot of people in other countries that will kick out what hes asking and have it on a container ship heading overseas, but I think its too expensive for us markets. I base this off the few 60-66's I have seen on high dollar auctions...barret-jackson...etc. The few I have seen on the high end auctions were trucks in original condition, highly optioned and very low mileage. They seem to bring better money than any trucks w/modifications.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #46
special-K
Special Order

That truck is really fine. I believe it has $144k invested. Figure with labor and parts it could easily have $75-100k in it. Then,you figure in this guy's lost wages while watching. It could add up over $144k real quick!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
padresag

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonacker View Post
All that alleged money spent and the wood in the bed isn't even sanded enough? In the pix with the raised bed panel, the planer chatter marks are easily visible.
I doubt that is chatter that you talk about.
that figure does occur in red oak. I have r/oak veneer with it, but is more prevalent in a lot of other woods
here is a maple sideboard and the part of a table that I guess that I didn't sand well enough

guess it helps when you add the picture
ron

Last edited by padresag; 08-07-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
donthekawguy

Maybe he is selling it because it has no AC and it's too hot to drive.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #49
oem4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
I doubt that is chatter that you talk about.
that figure does occur in red oak.
"Holy digression, Batman". I noticed that mill chatter immediately when I first looked at the auction pictures. IF that is curly figure in the oak, it is the most consistent and regular I've seen, especially for oak. The figure is also completely perpendicular to the grain and would most likely show in quartered stock, which I don't think that is. But if it IS mill chatter, then it simply does not fly with the rest of the build quality ..at all. Just look at the custom billet hinges and the uniform sheen of the finish. So, it's gotta be figure. Just that could explain a small portion of the huge expense.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:09 AM   #50
UGLY66

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=449613&page=2
mid way down the page by 2dwn4u
looks to be the same truck?
UGLY66 is offline   Reply With Quote