The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #26
oem4me

Re: LIVE bidding from Lambrecht auction on now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigshooter View Post
How many have you bought now? I can't keep up!
Posted via Mobile Device
Sig just PM'd me, said someone using Oem4me as a proxibid name was buying everything! Well guys, hate to disappoint, but it's NOT me. IMPOSTER!!

Last edited by oem4me; 09-28-2013 at 07:02 PM.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #27
RANDY COX

I'm gonna be watching..
Old 09-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Is that why they started bidding at $200 or less or a little more? Cause they new they could easily sell for $50,000 grand? The lady in one of the videos said "Dag gonnet were are you ever gonna find a new truck like this". Who cares if it was, at one time, new. They have been sitting out in the weather for who knows how many years and need to be painted and rebuilt. Not what I would call a new truck. But it's funny, I would never bid 50,000 for a truck, that's been sitting in weather and probably don't run! My buck and a half.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #29
awbrown

Wish I had cable , will have to wait til they have it on line....
awbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #30
19666Trucker

I wanted the chevette
Posted via Mobile Device
19666Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #31
RANDY COX

Wow corvette pedal car 16,500.00...only 38 made but still,there's alot of people there,if it were closer i'd be there too.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #32
chevyrestoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibob View Post
This whole thing was built up WAY more than it was. I saw news stories, online articles and even newspaper articles about what a diamond in the rough everything was. A title brand new vehicles preserved by a dealer. Well I found the rough, still waiting for the diamond. This guy IMO was a complete A-hole. If you have all that money or even all of those brand new vehicles, why wouldn't you sell a few off to build a warehouse pole barn, fence to keep thieves out SOMETHING. This whole collection is a glorified junk yard. Sure you may be the first owner of a 50's or 60's car today, but does it really have any value other than parts? From what I saw not many of them do. Hey it is what it is but I just think it is a shame all of those could be gems are rubble.
Well said, Bob! I completely agree, and I called BS on this auction months ago, when the auction company was being vague on certain details. On one Impala, they said that the VIN tag "fell off". Another was claimed to have 5 miles, but had no cluster. The fishy excuses went on and on. The hype was so high that I had a feeling that it would draw the rich idiots out of the woodwork.

You can have a car with zero miles on it, but when it sits in a damp warehouse or out in a field for 45 years, and the VIN tag is gone, it becomes a low-mileage parts car.

P.T. Barnum was right. There's a sucker born every day.

My build threads:
'55 Chevy: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=247512

'64 C-20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=446527
chevyrestoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:01 PM   #33
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Was watching the news the other day when they were reporting about the auction. They interviewed a guy who said he overheard conversation of a guy from Sweden there. Also said that hotels were booked up 2 hrs. away in every direction. I just saw a lady from Australia on the History channel coverage who bought a car. Now she's gotta figure out how to get it home. I'm with you guys that think it's absolutely crazy to pay those prices!

Best of all, I just saw an interview with Delmo! That was the most exciting part for me so far,

My Build threads:
1966 Chevy C-10 "Black Betty"

shortbed, fleetside, BBW, 327 V8/ Powerglide (under construction)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ighlight=betty

1997 Chevy Tahoe, 2dr/2wd, mild custom (Daily driver)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=601142

Pics:
'66 C-10 https://flic.kr/s/aHsjHWD4h9
'97 Tahoe https://flic.kr/s/aHsjGZ7wKP
'93 C-1500 https://flic.kr/s/aHskxdpdnQ
'88 S-10 Blazer https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYGx4Md

Previous Rides:
1993 Chevy S-10 ext. cab, 4.3L, 4/5 drop (Sold)
1993 Chevy C-1500 short/step Retro-Rod (Sold)
1988 S-10 Blazer 2dr/2wd mild custom (Sold)
likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #34
donthekawguy

I guess you guys see a lot of 50's and 60's cars and trucks with less than 10 miles on them. Show me all the Craigslist ads and how they go for two or three hundred bucks in your area. I will be on a plane in the morning.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:37 AM   #35
benwah

I wasted a hour and a half watching the History channel. All a saw was a couple of quick peeks. I did not want to watch a couple of long winded dummies with nothing important to talk about. I wanted to see the auction.
benwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #36
DURG

Mr. Lambrechts plans for the 3.2 million dollars worth of auction proceeds: Take the money and leave it in a field. Some will be eaten by mice, some will rot, and some will be stolen. Then 60 years from now, his family will take what is left of the money, and auction it off for 20 million dollars because it was derived from " The Lambrecht Collection" !!
DURG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #37
ncoonen

Good grief - that was insane. Here's one of the funnier stories from the Omaha World-Herald:
Quote:
Quick thinker measures profit by the yardstick at auction

Chevy memorabilia was in high demand Saturday.

Lyle Ekberg of nearby Wakefield bought a box of about five dozen hefty wooden Lambrecht Chevrolet promotional yardsticks for $1,000. They seemed a bargain at about $17 apiece.

Ekberg had watched someone buy one yardstick for $225. Someone else bought five for $500 before Ekberg got his chance at the box.

Minutes later, Ekberg was selling the yardsticks for $50 each as fast as he and two enlisted visitors from Indiana could make change for souvenir seekers with cash in their pockets.

“Cheapest thing you'll buy here,'' he said.
...ned.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
biohazardbill

Well Delmo had an interview, said he was taking something home from the auction even if it were small.
biohazardbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
LT1 Burb

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthekawguy View Post
I guess you guys see a lot of 50's and 60's cars and trucks with less than 10 miles on them. Show me all the Craigslist ads and how they go for two or three hundred bucks in your area. I will be on a plane in the morning.
Who cares how many miles they have on them if they need a restoration. If they had been stored properly and were pristine I could see the prices. I have seen a few anniversary corvettes with no miles on them go through Barrett Jackson's for a fraction of what that one brought.
Posted via Mobile Device
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #40
ChiefRocka
Hollister, CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awbrown View Post
I know a few guys were going to this auction , and I want to see what they bought and just how good /bad it is , 20k for a truck stored outside for years is mind numbing...

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...1-2-ton-Pickup
sold for 39000

What the Heck is that ??

CURRENT BUILDS:
62 BurbMaster

Other Builds:
My '63 C-10,LWB,CC,BBW
'06 HD StrAight Axle Swap

Father/Son '67 C-20, LQ9,4L80,Bagged,8-Lugger !!Good Friend Richard's Build

AMERICAN CUSTOMS & CLASSICS (831) 630-1965
www.ACCHOLLISTER.com
ACC on FACEBOOK
"Rest in Peace, Mom & Dad ... I will see you again someday!"
ChiefRocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #41
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Long bed 6 cylinder truck that's been sitting in weather for 30+ years sold for as much as a brand new toyota!!!!!!! Insane!!!!
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #42
newagecustom
c10 Chop Artist

I was at the auction yesterday and going back again today to load some cars for other people that are going back west. Yes the majority of the cars were outside. A handful were inside the building in town, including the 58 Cameo that went for 140,000. Alot of the stuff does need resto but the likelihood of finding another c10 that was never titled with almost no miles is slim to none. I came to work and see some history in action but never had any delusions about buying anything myself. I'm sure some of these will start showing up on Ebay soon.
newagecustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #43
oem4me

It's the day after, and I think quite a few buyers are probably trying to figure exactly what the hell happened to their reasoning skills during the auction. Yes, the strange story behind that whole thing will never be repeated, and the lure of a low/no mile time capsule found in a barn or old dealership is crazy high, but trash is trash. A rusted-out heap with shredded interior is NOT a survivor even if it does have just one mile on the clock.
I bet an enterprising local shrink could make a killing if he were to set up a tent at or near the auction site just to help yesterday's buyers calm their remorse.
oem4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:45 PM   #44
perro13

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
It's the day after, and I think quite a few buyers are probably trying to figure exactly what the hell happened to their reasoning skills during the auction. Yes, the strange story behind that whole thing will never be repeated, and the lure of a low/no mile time capsule found in a barn or old dealership is crazy high, but trash is trash. A rusted-out heap with shredded interior is NOT a survivor even if it does have just one mile on the clock.
I bet an enterprising local shrink could make a killing if he were to set up a tent at or near the auction site just to help yesterday's buyers calm their remorse.
X2, The ugly hangover begins
perro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:56 PM   #45
Snailed

I wonder if this will have any long or short term effects on the prices of 60-66 trucks in general? I have been reading in various places that they are vehicle that is increasing in value for a few years.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
Bomp

I watched in amazement last night on the History channel as the bidding was unreal. Higher and higher it went and kept on climbing.
One thing I learned about the auction or selling anything in general is getting the word out cause people with money will come and they want something.
I agree selling a ratted out hull of a vehicle for loads of cash is unheard of but you all just witnessed it. Knowledgeable or not there are enough people to bid bid bid. Go for the now and deal with reality tomorrow.
ie. buying a vehicle in the now and figuring out how to get it home later.
What type of effect will this have on "the real world"?
I have a truck I bought for a few pennies but now the wifey wants to sell it for truck loads of cash. When reality settles back in, the wifey will realize again the truck is only worth pennies.
Hope when reality settles back in on the bidders they aren't too hurt financially.
Waiting to see the ripple effect on this one.

At the moment though if your interested its for sale for $45,000
Bomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #47
awbrown

64 chevy truck with no bed ... If only I could have gotten my truck there in time...

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...739&rfpb=0#Top......... the insanity continues today ... 27000......ridiculous...
Old 09-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #48
awbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
I watched in amazement last night on the History channel as the bidding was unreal. Higher and higher it went and kept on climbing.
One thing I learned about the auction or selling anything in general is getting the word out cause people with money will come and they want something.
I agree selling a ratted out hull of a vehicle for loads of cash is unheard of but you all just witnessed it. Knowledgeable or not there are enough people to bid bid bid. Go for the now and deal with reality tomorrow.
ie. buying a vehicle in the now and figuring out how to get it home later.
What type of effect will this have on "the real world"?
I have a truck I bought for a few pennies but now the wifey wants to sell it for truck loads of cash. When reality settles back in, the wifey will realize again the truck is only worth pennies.
Hope when reality settles back in on the bidders they aren't too hurt financially.
Waiting to see the ripple effect on this one.

At the moment though if your interested its for sale for $45,000
I will sell mine for 15000 and it runs!! Why they could drive it home...
Old 09-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #49
benwah

I shook my head 45min into the show when a 40,000 mi corvair sitting in a feild went over 10 grand!
Old 09-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #50
benwah

An auction like this does not help our hobby! Some dumb a$$ with a rusty hulk will expect the same price. Look what Barret Jackson did!