The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-11-2003, 11:33 PM   #26
dmurphy68

Quote:
Originally posted by Class of 69
Nice, helpfull guy's, but I'll warn you.....don't go in his parts trailer!!!!! You WILL spend more than you went for!!! Candy store for motor heads!!! OOOHHH, I GOTTA have one of those, and one of these...etc. etc.
I have to agree went with $205 got in that trailer and left with 5 bucks hopeing I had enought gas to get home lol
Darren

No free man shall be debarred the use of arms
- Thomas Jefferson

Later Darren
http://www.myspace.com/dmurphy68
dmurphy68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:33 PM   #27
Carl71

Thumbs up

Great person to deal with, very good parts..
Carl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:57 PM   #28
flyin99
creator of kong

Thumbs up

Absolutely GMC Paul all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great place to get your parts!!!!!!!
flyin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 09:43 AM   #29
ts71281

Well it sounds like I'm going to be buying my Parts from GMC Paul's! If my truck comes out looking half as good as a lot of them I see in here, I'll be happy. Now, do I get a discount since I'm a member of the board? Hey! Never hurts to try right??? As far as the driving down there goes, the reason I wanted to do that is for the fact I worked in a distribution center for years and I know how Brown (UPS) likes to play "package javelin" with all packages that come through their distribution centers. All the parts I'm going to order should ship fairly well but I'm concerned about the bumpers and rear wheel tubs for the truck box. I don't want my bumpers dented or scratched or the fender tubs banged around. How well are the bumpers wrapped when they come? Do they come with their own box or are they wrapped with lots of bubble wrap and packaging tape? Les, I'm hoping to call you by the end of the week with a final parts list and hopefully you could come up with a grand total for me and we can take it from there? Now I just have to get my body-guy in gear! I'm hoping I can have my truck done in a month. I'll post pics for you guys before/after when it's all done. Now I just have to pick out my rims. I'm thinking of going with the american racing AR 767's (looking for a high-gloss steel ralleye). I would buy some factory 6 bolt ralleye's if people didn't ask so much for them. I can buy the AR 767's for $45 a piece at Discount Tire Co. and they're brand new. Who knows what you get when people sell you used wheels . Anyways guys keep up the great work on this site and have a great day.

Joe Hirdler
ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:06 AM   #30
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

I always support the "little guy". The are much more personable to deal with.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:42 AM   #31
1970blazin
Blazerless:-(

truckandcarshop

Wish I knew about GMC Pauls, but I went with struff from the Truck and Car shop. About 1200.00 worth of an order - shipping was only 30.00 and all the stuff came and looks great. I haven't put it on my truck yet- probably next week. I'll let everyone know what I think. I just thought they were cheaper and I saw the guy at a swap meet and his stuff is quality.
Ken

1970 CST Blazer-Orig. Dark Blue-SOLD

Progress Pics of Blazer for sale
1970blazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:35 PM   #32
71Chev

ts71281
We try to ship as much as possible with FedEx for the same reasons you gave. Bumpers do ship in their own boxes. It is very, very rare that a bumper gets dented. Everything is fully insured no matter how it ships though.

We would be glad to have you come down to see us if you want a road trip.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:06 PM   #33
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I do have to admit getting one thing from LMC that works well.It is almost always right and does a great job of helping me get the right stuff.It's their catalog.It is almost as good as my factory assembly manual.But I wouldn't buy parts from them the vendors on the BB here not only sell parts they use what they sell.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:48 PM   #34
palallin

A defense of LMC. . . .

I have absolutely NOTHING bad to say about GMC Paul's, but I have to chime in on behalf of LMC: I've never had a problem with their parts, and they ship quickly and without hassle. YMMV, of course, but, while I wouldn't necessarily recommend them over GMC Paul's, I can't knock LMC.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 AM   #35
bpmcgee

I hear that Paul and Les both called in sick yesterday. They read this thread and developed swollen egos!

Just kidding guys. I'll be calling you with an order Tuesday.

Brian
bpmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote