The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Junkpyl

Re: C30 CC to a SWB C10 info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I assume you tried paint thinner?
No I tried a little non acetone nail polish remover on the spray itself but was afraid to use anything stronger. Never have tried to remove paint from paint and didn't have any thinner on hand. Won't it take off the original paint with it?
Junkpyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:23 PM   #27
WIDESIDE72

Re: C30 CC to a SWB C10 info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkpyl View Post
No I tried a little non acetone nail polish remover on the spray itself but was afraid to use anything stronger. Never have tried to remove paint from paint and didn't have any thinner on hand. Won't it take off the original paint with it?

Funny story: when i was around 10 yrs old my oldest brother had a black 72 swb step side. It had original paint but was a farm truck with scratches and scrapes. One weekend when he was gone i decide to surprise him by touching up all of the bad spots with black rattle can paint. He was not grateful at all! I spent more time with a can of lacquer thinner and a rag than I originally with the rattle can! All of the spray paint came off and none of the original paint, as far as i could tell. It looked like it did before i started. The key is to get it off as soon as possible.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote