The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #26
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Man the kid just cant get a break..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstaten69 View Post
Man if these trucks could talk they would have some *****in stories.
Your truck doesn't talk to you?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #27
sstaten69

Okay just an update. Looks like the kids parents are going to ask for a police report there truck damage was over 2000. so now they need a report for the insurance to cover it. We were just going to fix my sons truck but guess being they are haveing a report done and it will be on my son's record now, they will pay to have that dent fixed on his truck also. Here is a couple of pics of the other kids truck..
Attached Images

sstaten69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #28
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Quote:
on my way there get another text from my son saying "cops are on there way, need to do a report being it was on school property...
So did the cops never show up, or not do one?

Nothing will be on your son's "record" if he didn't cause the accident. As long as you don't file a claim with your ins. company (or theirs on yours) "no one will ever know." He should be listed as the no fault party.
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #29
sstaten69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
So did the cops never show up, or not do one?

Nothing will be on your son's "record" if he didn't cause the accident. As long as you don't file a claim with your ins. company (or theirs on yours) "no one will ever know." He should be listed as the no fault party.
Yes it was almost 2 hours later and the sheriff showed up. After they spent most of the time talking about how his brother worked dispatch for the sheriffs office she said that we shouldn't have to do a report because at the time we were going to fix our own. But I guess being the cost to fix there truck, they want the insurance to pay for it. So that is why there will be a report turned in to all insurance companies. We were told that it will be on my sons record as a no fault but his ins will go up cause of it. Other kid is a real piece of work he has hit 3 people this year now.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #30
BigMike

Quote:
.. the other kid (driving his dads truck) pulled out of his parking spot and cut it to short and clipped the pass side of my sons truck.
I read the post a couple of times and I still don't get why your son would be at fault??? Didn't you say the kid (driving his dads truck) pull out of his parking spot and clips your sons truck? Wouldn't that fall on the other kid and not your son? I think report or no report it's the other kids fault...or did I miss something? (being a crusty old fart it is quite possible)

Mike
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #31
sstaten69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I read the post a couple of times and I still don't get why your son would be at fault??? Didn't you say the kid (driving his dads truck) pull out of his parking spot and clips your sons truck? Wouldn't that fall on the other kid and not your son? I think report or no report it's the other kids fault...or did I miss something? (being a crusty old fart it is quite possible)

Mike
No its not my sons fault, it will go on his record as a NOT AT FAULT ACCIDENT... They have assigned parking spots but this kid just decided to park next to my sons truck. My son wasn't very happy that he parked next to him he hit his friends mustang earlier in the year...
Old 04-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #32
Andy4639
Old member

Question Re: Man the kid just cant get a break..

If the kid that hit your son turns it in on his insurance then yours want go up. If it does change company's. It's his fault and yea talk to the school about why he was parked there. They are responsible if they have parking spaces assigned. Ask why he isn't following school policy as everyone else and ask why he can hit other cars in the past and is still driving to school? I would be in their faces wanting answer's.
The scooter comment was a joke and no not about a Motor Cycle but a scooter

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #33
sstaten69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
If the kid that hit your son turns it in on his insurance then yours want go up. If it does change company's. It's his fault and yea talk to the school about why he was parked there. They are responsible if they have parking spaces assigned. Ask why he isn't following school policy as everyone else and ask why he can hit other cars in the past and is still driving to school? I would be in their faces wanting answer's.
The scooter comment was a joke and no not about a Motor Cycle but a scooter

Yea I tried they just said its not like that here. they just call the cops on you here, (Fn mayberry crap) That's funny there is one almost like the one in your pic for sale that I keep tellin him he needs.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:36 PM   #34
sstaten69

The other day his truck was not running to good. Sounded like fuel filter problem when he told me what it was doing. We looked at them ( 1 before the pump 1 after) both where really plugged with looked like sand. Not sure if it was just crap from the tank or if someone put sugar in his gas tank. We replaced the filters and also had to clean out the carb. Back to running good, but he was thinking he may want to trade trucks with me. I would love to have his truck but told him no. I want him to finish it and drive it and that he would hate him self for letting it go.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #35
dajn
Account Suspended

I remember a senior in high-school sliding through the winter parking lot and smashing into my $500 grand am when i was in tenth grade. After he did it, he look at me and said what the **** are you going to do about it kid? The answer? Nothing. Just let it go. I wonder where that kid is now. If you think your that special in high-school odds are he never made it anywhere unless mommy and daddy bailed him out.
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote