The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #26
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: need a laugh? funny story about this morning

How bad does the exhaust smell? It may be time for a tune up?
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
hotrod68c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
Did I miss the "so I backed out and did a long smoky burnout and left her standing in a cloud of smoke"?
AMEN BROTHER
hotrod68c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:14 AM   #28
dmartin1

richen the carb a little more so when she smells it the exhaust begins to sting her eyes and make her gag.

definately a win
1978 k20 Silverado loaded.currently engine-less
1989 k10 suburban 9" lift
65 nova
And more
dmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #29
71K20chevy

I have a story, although it wasn't someone who ticked me off

My truck ALWAYS has condensation in the exhaust when it sits for just a little bit. When you start it up, it blows black water out for a few seconds. My dad and I were parked in a parking lot, and when we came back some dude in a silver VW Beetle was parked behind us. My dad started my truck and revved it a couple times (not really intending to do what happened next), we pulled away and I looked back, this VW had two black spots on its bumper, each about 2 feet in diameter
Old 05-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #30
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lattimer View Post
I had somebody tell me once how environmentally unfriendly my truck is. I asked him if he wanted to see how unfriendly I can be. I'm kinda scary looking anyways.....lol.
LMAO
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #31
Mattys1970C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod68c10 View Post
AMEN BROTHER
i was VERY tempted but it was in the apartment complex so I figured i better leave it alone. however, if we leave at the same time ill be all over it.
Mattys1970C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:50 AM   #32
BADAZ chevy guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Truck Man View Post
Want to really get her goat. Hook a long piece of vacuum hose to the intake manifold. run it into the cab. put a pencil in the end. have a quart of diesel fuel handy. when she comes around take out the pencil and let the manifold vacuum suck the diesel into the engine. the billowing smoke will be terrific. it wont harm your engine.
I had a setup on my old 56 BelAir when I was younger. Windshield washer tank with an electric pump I found in a Chrysler at the junk yard. Filled it with diesel and ran a tube into the air cleaner just above the carb. I could flat bury a 4 lane Hwy with the push of a button.
VERY James Bond. lol

700R4 build thread. >>> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...36#post6740236
BADAZ chevy guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #33
sstaten69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Custom10Nut View Post
next time just tell her that your truck makes no more polution than her oversized SUV, and that the battery in her everpresent Cellphone is going to cause brain cancer (of course that would solve your problem). BTW, I get the same from people telling me that they can't hear their phone because of the drag pipes on my Harley, when I sit next to them at a traffic light. (of course I have to twist the throttle a few times to make sure it's still running ) It's the little things in life that makes living so much fun.
I do the same thing on mine. I also tell them you shouldn't be on your phone when driving your the people that kill bikers. they really get pissed at that.
sstaten69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #34
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

During my short military stint in the Frisco Bay California area, I had an opportunity for a CHP to pull me over to tell me that my Cobra Jet's exhaust was #1 too loud and #2 I was in violation of the SMOG laws. I still had Kansas title and license on it, so I did not have to conform to California's laws, so to speak. He was riding me up one tree and down another, when I looked over at his Kawasaki patrol bike and noticed that he had the baffles out of his megaphone exhaust on it. So when he was done and he was settling into writing a citation, I asked him about his bike and how well it ran with the baffles out of the exhaust. We were done with the ticket mess, right then and there.

This started as a write up on the cold idle of a truck and the heavy lope that it has, so how do you get by the smog nazi's? AND to the other installment, yes a cell phone can cause an issue at a gas pump---don't you know that??????? LOL
Old 05-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #35
dajn
Account Suspended

There are not many things more obnoxious than a liberal. Especially liberal women. It's always fun to piss them off. Well done sir
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:59 AM   #36
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Good read! Its the opposite here in Florida. I drive my blazer everyday and 99.9% of the time when I pull up anywhere (especially at gas station). I have folks come over (women too) and marvel over it. Crank it up and they get all happy. The only issue I have with that is when I'm trying to get some where, you have to politely excuse yourself. It gets a little annoying when your in a hurry, but enjoy building them and driving them. A good burnout or a romp on the accelerator is a great way to handle a "progressive" thinker, then just smile from ear to ear!

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #37
Daubs

I've worked in higher education (university) for 25 years...lots of very liberal and "tree-hugger" types. Visited a friend in the Pacific Northwest in the late 90's, when all the "save the owl's" and "save the planet" stuff was very strong. I found it very ironic that the vehicle of choice for the tree-hugging environmentalists was, wait for it...60's vintage VW bus!

With no cat converters, or anything like that. Haahahahaaaa.

And I love talking about hunting / fishing / my 72 K-20 to all my university friends. Some get it, others i can see their skin crawling.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #38
dads longhorn

67chevyredneck...thank you!

My truck is well tuned and it still produces nasty smells and fumes. These trucks are bad that way.
dads longhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #39
71K20chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dads longhorn View Post
67chevyredneck...thank you!

My truck is well tuned and it still produces nasty smells and fumes. These trucks are bad that way.

Not just these trucks, just about everything without a catalytic converter
Old 05-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #40
bean

I personally believe neighbors are like children... seen and not heard lol
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #41
C10agent

That is hilarious!!!! That reminds me of a post I read once about a guy cruising in his Bonneville convertible and someone yelled something like "your killing the ozone." He said he had something very profound in his head but all that came out was, "f#*^ you!!!" Really made me laugh, some folks just don't get it.
20" American Racing Daytonas
IG - neilioustx - pictures of build/progress

Born and Raised in the Promised Land....
TEXAS Y'ALL!!
C10agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:02 AM   #42
Hubscrub
Cruzin

I've never had that happen to me, only people that want to look at them or ask ? about something. I live in the south lots of old iron on the roads, jacked up 4x4's, loud pipes everywhere, country rednecks aren't environmentalist. funny stories though.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #43
HeloCrewChief

I had an encounter like this in Portland a few months back. I was visiting my friends that lives in a "progressive part of town" had driven my 02 Dodge Ram Cummins down with Alaska plates on it. We were headed to dinner when what I can only describe as the typical 40 year old burnout wanna be hippy chick almost steps in front of my truck and starts yelling at me with the nastiest look on her face...I rolled coal alll over her. Bet she didn't see that one coming. I almost crashed when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw her reaction.
1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #44
AirSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
I personally believe neighbors are like children... seen and not heard lol
Talk about horrible neighbors, I have the worst! For the entire year after they bought the house next to mine they called the police on me 60 times, claiming I was playing music all night, sometimes when I was 300 miles away, said I shot at his wife, that I tied a dog to their house outside their bedroom window, that I was planting squirrels in their yard to destroy their foundation, we once got home after spending two weeks out of town while my daughter had brain surgery to find four police cars in front of my house, the neighbors claimed I was killing my wife. I finally sued them and they stopped. It's been ten years and oddly enough we get along fine now. Not buddies by any means but they leave me alone finally.
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #45
67chevy1series

One day I was driving up to a school zone and I didn't even have my foot on the gas at all I was coasting to a stop and I was already doing about 25-30 when I let off the gas so I come to a stop since this old crosswalk lady with this nasty look on her face came out and put her stops sign up. So I stop nice and easy and she looks at me and get up to the passenger fender and proceeds to tell me I need to slow down and how there's children that are going to be crossing and I shouldn't be driving like that so knowing I wasn't doing anything wrong and how she acted it became very clear to me she just doesn't like old cars or trucks so right before she could finish I shift into N and rev up the 327 a bit with the dual 40 series flows and then stop and yelled "WHAT?!" And she was about to say something else and I did that a couple more times finally I stop and she goes to get out of the street and she turns as she's walking and says "you better drive slow!" So I let off the brake and let it idle forward til she turns her back to me and soon as she does I just tromp down on the pedal real quick and let off and she turns immediately and looks at me and I just smile right back at her and nod and drive off nice. Seems more and more the environmentalists pick a fight... That they can't win. As I always say, Hot Rodding never sleeps!
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #46
In The Ten Ring

I was going to link this utter angry moron on youtube but she was cursing.....I heard that and then came back and deleted the video.
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #47
slikside

Quote:
Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
During my short military stint in the Frisco Bay California area, I had an opportunity for a CHP to pull me over to tell me that my Cobra Jet's exhaust was #1 too loud and #2 I was in violation of the SMOG laws. I still had Kansas title and license on it, so I did not have to conform to California's laws, so to speak. He was riding me up one tree and down another, when I looked over at his Kawasaki patrol bike and noticed that he had the baffles out of his megaphone exhaust on it. So when he was done and he was settling into writing a citation, I asked him about his bike and how well it ran with the baffles out of the exhaust. We were done with the ticket mess, right then and there.

This started as a write up on the cold idle of a truck and the heavy lope that it has, so how do you get by the smog nazi's? AND to the other installment, yes a cell phone can cause an issue at a gas pump---don't you know that??????? LOL
In a supreme irony, the most environmentally conscious state in the WORLD does NOT require smog checks on these trucks, or any vehicle mfd before 1975(?)...(I'm not complaining). My '72 C-10 was made in Fremont, came with the smog pump/air manifold system originally(no longer installed), and has spent its entire life in CA, but I have not had to have it smogged in about 25 years....go figure.

That said, I know people who tune their newer trucks the way they want them, and when it comes time to smog them, they put all the equipment back on, tune it so it will pass (runs like crap, and burns 2x the fuel...how dumb is that??), and after the test, put it back the way they like it.
Old 05-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #48
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slikside View Post
In a supreme irony, the most environmentally conscious state in the WORLD does NOT require smog checks on these trucks, or any vehicle mfd before 1975(?)...(I'm not complaining). My '72 C-10 was made in Fremont, came with the smog pump/air manifold system originally(no longer installed), and has spent its entire life in CA, but I have not had to have it smogged in about 25 years....go figure.

That said, I know people who tune their newer trucks the way they want them, and when it comes time to smog them, they put all the equipment back on, tune it so it will pass (runs like crap, and burns 2x the fuel...how dumb is that??), and after the test, put it back the way they like it.
I had the opportunity to go back to California, in the early eighties. I drove my 72 Chevy truck out there and of course, if you plan on staying, you have to get passed the privately owned, contracted to the state smog inspection station. I beat their machine on smog numbers, BUT that was not enough for them. I had to buy all of the stupid little solenoids and switches that Mr. Truck came with to get passed. That process is Rip-Off to the max. They want the money more than the reality of having a clean environment. I had plans on selling my truck out there, but after a taste of the process, I drove it back to my home and now I am enjoying life more.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #49
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

[QUOTE= They want the money more than the reality of having a clean environment.

Ding ding ding... yup
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:11 PM   #50
Spartan

She sounds like a grumpy lonely lady. Somebody with nothing better to do than complain about something she has no understanding of. She is Ignorant... but then again some of the posts in this thread are no less ignorant.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote