The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #26
leftybass209

Re: Anyone ever get a little distracted?

School and Army reserve drilling weekends slow my progress. Usually I'll want to do something custom, then I have to remind myself it's just some fad that will wear off and that all the trucks I really like and admire are dropped with mostly stock equipment. After i beat myself up about whatever it is, 4 weeks have gone by and nothing has been accomplished.
leftybass209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #27
Elliot949

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Sooooooo... whats keeping everyone from finishing their truck projects?

One Simple Word... MONEY!!!.... LOL

Haulin's Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=671130SOLD

B Bears Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=744210
Elliot949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #28
Hart_Rod

My life's story...the burb has been sitting like this for 4 years....
Attached Images

Hart_Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 01:51 PM   #29
wick89gt

Distracted is an understatement for sure!! I always buy projects, work on them hard and heavy for a little hit and buy another one. Push the previous to the back. Spend hours on Craigslist finding parts, those parts lead to another project that catches my eye...which is how I got to where I am now. Buying the 68 long bed stepper. I get sidetracked with wanting a new firearm so I go blow 2 grand on a new Daniel defense. That could have been what I need to gather stuff for the '68. Looking for stuff for the 68, I somehow run across an 05-07 super duty front bumper for my 04 that I converted to the 05-07 minus the bumper. Never fails. I blow more money on stuff than could ever be imagined.
I found a Lionel train set I got for my son last week. Stopped at the hobby store to get some track for a large configuration and ended up buying another set with a union pacific locomotive. This last month, over 4 grand on unneeded things!! Hahaha. Its life. Live it.
wick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #30
underliner6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSTOM/10 View Post
Whether you call them distractions, projects, honey do lists, chores or whatever, it all comes down to priorities for me and there always changing.
Firewood & leaf clean-up in the fall, indoor projects in the winter, yard & outdoor projects in the summer, and when the little lady is pissed the honey do list moves to the top. "LOL" Oh and health issues, I've had my share this year. First it was a cyst on my knee that put me back about 6 weeks, and just recently ( 2 weeks ago ) I had a minor stroke, THAT was scary spent some time in MGH Boston, I'm fine now but got a wake-up call !!!! But even with all this going on I got more done on my truck this yr than ever, and over the Holidays I have almost 2 weeks off and at least some of that time will be spent on the truck. It's being move back up on the priority list !!!!

Gary
Gary, I'm glad to hear your doing well. You certainly have a gorgeous truck that is coming out great! Looking forward to see more progress made on it!

1972 K20 Cheyenne- 350/350/205
1972 K20 Cheyenne - 350/SM465/205
underliner6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #31
CUSTOM/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by underliner6 View Post
Gary, I'm glad to hear your doing well. You certainly have a gorgeous truck that is coming out great! Looking forward to see more progress made on it!
Thanks Underliner !!!

I would say I'm nearly back to 100%, maybe 98%, and back at work .....
My place of work is having a 2 week shut-down over the Holidays and I plan on spending some of that time working on my truck. After all I plan to be driving the truck this coming summer so I need to get back at it.

This scare rearranged my priorities once again, health and family come 1st, but my truck comes in at a close 2nd.... "LOL"

Take care of yourselfs..... "Everyone"
Gary

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote