The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-24-2003, 11:44 PM   #26
krazy_texan

Quote:
Originally posted by griesel72
I agree with you all, i get tired of my projects and have to take a break for a while. I have even taken as much as a month off with out even thinking of working on it. But i always get a "second wind" and end up twice as motivated to get it done.
That and i just payed for this semesters college tuition and have decided that i am going to keep the truck running until i get out of school and maybe do some body work on it in class if allowed since i am going to be a body guy and then thought that after i get out of school and settled down a little bit i will take it apart and do a frame off
1990 v1500 suburban
1967 Ford f100 Swb 4x4 "green bean"

GOD BLESS JESUS, JOHN WAYNE, AND THE ALAMO
krazy_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:07 AM   #27
VTKidder

I've been working on mine for 7 years. VERY part-time, but still pieced away on it. There comes a point in every project where you want to heave in the towel, but just power through it, and the motivation will come back.
VTKidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 10:09 AM   #28
dubie

I hear ya on this one brother!! I haven't done a thing to mine in 2 months!! But I attended a huge car show this weekend and it's got me pumped up to start on the ol beast again. It takes a little time off, to realise that you actually miss working on it. Take your time, have fun with it, and your project will be done sooner than you think. Just don't get to pissed off with it, you just might lose all interest in it

My 56 Chevy shop truck build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=562795
dubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 12:33 PM   #29
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

A whole year huh? God, it was great to be 16. I've had my 71 since I was 15, I just turned 36. I'm still working on it. I figure to be working on it 20 years from now if my kids don't claim it before then. (7 yr old son asked already) Is it where I thought it would be? Hell no. Do I still love the damn thing? Hell yeah!

If there is a single person on this board, or anywhere else, that can claim they are totally satisfied with what they have done on their truck, I would be truly impressed. I'd wouldn't believe it and I could probably grill them into acknowledging that Yes, there is this other thing I'd like to do.

The truck looks like its coming along nicely. I wish I had done as good a job when I was in high school.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:42 PM   #30
special70gmc

thanks for all your complemnts they really help -kyle
Old 08-25-2003, 11:04 PM   #31
oldsub86

I have done a pretty good job of not doing much on my truck for many years. It needs so much that I am overwhelmed when I start to think about it. I know there are many little things that I could do anyway but it just seems to be put on the waiting list again. I have other vehicles that I drive daily that need my attention to. The pickup gets driven little and as a result it does not get the attention of the newer vehicles. If I don't get to it soon there won't be enough left to fix. I have been driving it daily for the past week or two because my 4Runner needs attention on the clutch. Whenever I drive the pickup I am amazed at how good it is for a beater that gets so little.
Old 08-25-2003, 11:36 PM   #32
70Chevy4x4Nut

I have gotten tired a time or two. What I try to do is not think of what I have left to do (That is like almost everything), but on what I have accomplished. You have much to look back on to make you feel proud. I set small goals. Like, right now I am focused on just the frame and suspension, no more. I come across some things I will need in the future, like some cab parts but I don't get them because my goal is set on the frame/suspension. If I started purchasing all the parts I will need for other areas of the truck then I will get overwhelmed because nothing really gets finished. My goal is to get where you are at, to finish the frame/suspension and set the cab and box on temporarily and then I may back off awhile. I will have a good stopping point and will start on something new and fresh. Then I will concentrate on the engine/tranny/np205. Do what the others are doing, take some time off. I've gotten some motivation myself by others that have responded.
70Chevy4x4Nut is offline   Reply With Quote