The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-30-2003, 01:07 PM   #26
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

I can tell that the most important thing at the moment is your wife and unborn child. Take the opportunity to enjoy the last few weeks of the pregnacy. Don't let it get to her, even if it means you catching more of the crap than your share. It may be tough to do it and keep smiling but it's something you need to do.

This is advice from experience because my wife and I lost our first (and so far only ) child at birth two years ago and trust me, it's not a place you want to even risk going.

My wife is a salesperson for IBM and so I understand the pressures to hit target. I also say that the companies decision and timing sucks. In the UK you would have to have some real heavy reasons to do this as it screams of unfair dismissal. We also have statutory government maternity pay which although not a huge amount helps.

Things have a way of sorting themselves out and I'm sure you'll weather the problems fine and come out of it stronger as people and as a couple. Good luck and I wish I was closer and could help you out with some of the parts you have for sale!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 10:56 PM   #27
teeitup
Just like to part out trucks!!

Susie and I just want to THANK YOU all for the support on this thread!!! Also a special THANKS to the local members (1 1/2 hours or so away from me) around here whom I've met in person who PM'd me with all the support. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE!!! I've met some very wonderful people through this board who I know I will always be able to talk too in a time of need. I don't know how I survived with out all of you. Susie is just amazed with you all!!! Thanks so much!! Randy, Susie and in 7 weeks or so TAYLOR ANN Zwygart!! TAZ for short!!
1958 Cameo (one of 1405 built, it was my dads)
2020 chevy Apex 4x4 crew cab
1969 Z28 with the 302
1980 chevy swb 4x4
1964 chevell Malibu SS
1976 K20, sold new originally out of my dads chevy dealership

Members that I've met, over 200 probably closer to 300 in the 12 years I've been on this site, everyone I met "It was a pleasure"
teeitup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:45 AM   #28
sakohntr

randy

Randy, you two hang in there. Worst case scenario is they lay her off and she collects unemployment for the next 6 months treasuring the most important time with your new child. I dont think my wife will want to go back to work after the last 3 weeks she has had with our newborn. I cant blame her. Like my cousin tony always says, " I was lookin for a job when i found this one!"
1972 C30 longhorn,BB/AT,A/C,Tilt,Toolbox,lokr
1987 K20 Chevrolet Suburban. 6" lift. 5.7L/TH400 1979 K60 GMC Coleman 4x4, 427/Allison.
sakohntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 05:58 AM   #29
SEVEND2

I hope everything turns out all right,

just never know, this could be a blessing in disguise

Progress on truck so far (follow link):
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=51051

and stage 2

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ad.php?t=58132

~ "Why couldn't you have just put the bunny back in the box?" ~
SEVEND2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 08:43 AM   #30
ronniej

Congrats on the upcoming baby. Just something to think about with all of this FMLA stuff. It can help her keep her job a little longer. A employer can not legally fire her after Filing for FMLA. Now this does not mean they will not try, have seen it before. While on FMLA you and her will be responcable for paying her insurance premiums while she is off. And as you Probably know she will receive no pay and can not file for any unemployment while off on this leave. But if fired, and collecting unemployment she would Qualify for some sort of medical help if your insurance will not cover her and your income is at a certain level. a little unemployment and a future with the posibility of a better job down the road may be better than prolonging what sounds like it will happen sooner or later. don't want to sound like bad news but there are several ways to look at it and you have to decide what would be better for you all in the long run.
hope everything goes well what ever route you and your wife go.

ronniej
ronniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:48 AM   #31
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Cobra

Even if your wife is let go, COBRA laws will guarentee insurance for as long as you can afford it. I was layed off a few weeks ago. Depending on the employer, your medical benefits continue until the end of the month of termination and then you have the option of continuing coverage. My own was that I have to pay what was normally pulled from my check for the next month or so and then pay for the full cost of the insurance for as long as I want. If she is let go, she'll get a COBRA package by mail with in a few weeks.

At least keep it long enoygh to pay for the baby delivery, which can easily top out over $10k.

HG
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 01:13 PM   #32
ckenwright

Evenin the military, when the women get prgnant they get put on light duty. You might want to see if they are supposed to ease the standards a little. Any way about it, nothing is more important than the baby. The company can replace your wife, but you will never be able to replace your baby.
ckenwright is offline   Reply With Quote