The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 01:43 PM   #26
cheyenne shortstep

Re: "The Outsider"

I'm gonna chime in here as Matt and Kyle are being polite with their comments about Travis at Valley Rod Design. I have been doing business with Kyle/Freds Truck Parts for quite a few months now and he is a good guy with honesty and integrity as his motto. Travis took these guys for a ride (I'm hearing rumors of others too?). He did not do what he said nor did he deliver on his promises. I am not here to bash or ruin anyones livelyhood but rather to warn others and maybe avoid any of you from suffering the same headaches that Matt and Kyle have experienced.
Now back to this build, this truck was purchased from a good friend of mine and is a pretty solid foundation, I have been watching from the day it arrived at Freds Trucks and it is sure to be an awesome truck when it's finished. Keep up the good work Kyle, can't wait to see more progress on a local build.
Old 06-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #27
cheessee

Re: 1966 C10 Porterbuilt, Accuair build (The Outsider)

Awesome!! I'm currently in the planning stages of my 63 build and I can't wait to try out some porterbuilt stuff!! Are yal gonna run the porterbuilt hood hinges?

60-66 hood for sale or trade for bench seat rust free nose little pin holes on top message for more details..
Old 06-05-2015, 05:52 PM   #28
67cheby
67cheby

Sweet, looking forward to watching it !
Old 06-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #29
Theoutsider

Re: "The Outsider"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne shortstep View Post
I'm gonna chime in here as Matt and Kyle are being polite with their comments about Travis at Valley Rod Design. I have been doing business with Kyle/Freds Truck Parts for quite a few months now and he is a good guy with honesty and integrity as his motto. Travis took these guys for a ride (I'm hearing rumors of others too?). He did not do what he said nor did he deliver on his promises. I am not here to bash or ruin anyones livelyhood but rather to warn others and maybe avoid any of you from suffering the same headaches that Matt and Kyle have experienced.
Now back to this build, this truck was purchased from a good friend of mine and is a pretty solid foundation, I have been watching from the day it arrived at Freds Trucks and it is sure to be an awesome truck when it's finished. Keep up the good work Kyle, can't wait to see more progress on a local build.
It wasn't easy being polite!!! haha
Old 06-08-2015, 12:17 AM   #30
Kyle@FTP

Ok, Despite a few setbacks with the chassis that we are still dealing with, We made some progress this weekend. 95% of the body work is done and in primer. Just a few odds and ends to wrap up. Very happy with the outcome on that.

After pulling the powder coat out of the lower arm ball joint cups, I found out that we were supplied the wrong ball joints from.... It doesnt even matter who from anymore. A quick call to Porterbuilt on Wednesday and next thing you know there is brand new upper and lowers here. Thank You Nate and Dave. Get the lowers pressed in with no issue. Front end is all hung to my standards. OK I lie! its missing one bolt in one hole that was drilled incorrectly. So thats a quick fix. I got the motor clean and motor mounts on. Its ready to attach the trans and Set it to measure for the trans cross member.

Its always fun to have the Owner of the truck show up and check out progress. But when the owner of the truck shows up sporting a 30 pack of Coors light, classy beer for himself and work cloths asking what he can do to help, I really enjoy that. He gets to be hands on with his truck and I get free Labor! haha.
Attached Images

Old 06-08-2015, 12:19 AM   #31
Kyle@FTP

Grace is cracking the whip atop her post in the cab!
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2015, 12:52 AM   #32
pbk70

It's me DJ who is doing paint and bodywork on this truck. Just also wanted to put some 2 cents in on this build. I helped Kyle finds this truck and he said that he had a friend that was interested in a building one. Once I met said person "theoutsider" I was glad that to do whatever to help make this happen. You could tell he was a good person and hard worker like us. So once everything went down with said "rolling chassis" from said "rolling chassis builder" Travis Frazier from Valley Rod thingy and Kyle had to go pick up uncompleted chassis we were all pretty disappointed. Literally a ****ing joke. I have been in this business since 1997 and have never seen something so half assed. The one thing in this business you have to respect is your customers because it is their hard earned money they are putting in your hands to give them the best product possible. Moving on Kyle is picking up the slack and even building a better chassis than before and has a customer that has been more than patient and understanding. This truck will be built right and up to highest standard and I'm happy to be part of it. Can't wait to see this ***** rolling hard someday soon.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2015, 01:09 AM   #33
Kyle@FTP

HAHA. OK OK. I really appreciate the kind words about my work and customer service, I really do. But I dont want this to turn into a bashing thread. Whats done is done and now known to the truck community. Lets move on.

DJ, I know we tell you while you're here but thanks for all the extra effort put into this truck. Its the little things and the details that make a truck in my opinion and I am happy to have you working on it.

After a solid hour debate last night a seat color and material was decided. I have a few little tricks up my sleeve to make the owners wife a happy camper in the passenger seat. more details on that soon. Wheels are at powdercoat. After weeks of small things hopefully next week it will all start coming together into what I have in my head.

Again, Thank you everyone for the kind words, DJ all your hard work and especially Matt for the chance to build this truck for you.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #34
gostranger
65 suburban vortec 5.3 bagged

looks like a cool build nice work!!!
Old 06-13-2015, 02:06 AM   #35
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Lookin good man. Now stop workin on your truck and go finish making those new front ends The puppy clearly has the rest of the build under control from here.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
Old 06-14-2015, 11:38 PM   #36
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheessee View Post
Awesome!! I'm currently in the planning stages of my 63 build and I can't wait to try out some porterbuilt stuff!! Are yal gonna run the porterbuilt hood hinges?
the quality of PB parts and service is awesome! hard to beat. And as for hood hinges.....Im not sure what the plan is there. once its all together ill figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
Sweet, looking forward to watching it !
Thanks Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostranger View Post
looks like a cool build nice work!!!
Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
Lookin good man. Now stop workin on your truck and go finish making those new front ends The puppy clearly has the rest of the build under control from here.
The pup is great at barking orders but doesnt like to get her paws dirty. haha. Customers first. light weight front end will come in due time.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:42 PM   #37
Kyle@FTP

Whoever says you need a paint booth to lay down really nice paint clearly didnt have the right painter! DJ did a great job on the paint and body work. I am so excited for it to dry so I can start assembly. I was really nervous about the color. In the shade its kind of dark and boring but man, you get it in the sun and it pops. Cell phone pictures don't do it justice!
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2015, 09:35 AM   #38
67cheby
67cheby

Awesome !
Old 06-15-2015, 01:23 PM   #39
tinydb84

I like the color!

Man you work quick!
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
Old 06-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #40
Theoutsider

DJ killed it... Paint looks awesome. For a newbie, it's great to see how to build a proper truck! Can't say enough nice things about Fred's Truck Parts.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:32 PM   #41
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
Awesome !
Thanks Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
I like the color!

Man you work quick!
Thank you. We try and make progress every day no matter how big or small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoutsider View Post
DJ killed it... Paint looks awesome. For a newbie, it's great to see how to build a proper truck! Can't say enough nice things about Fred's Truck Parts.
Thanks Matt.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:55 AM   #42
Kyle@FTP

Todays Progress. Motor and trans are together again with the torque converter in between. I think thats where it goes. The motor mounts are on and its sitting in its home. I have all the parts to build the new trans crossmember as the one supplied was a half inch wider than the frame. I thought I could save one bracket on the cross member but it didnt work out. So I need to find one locally tomorrow or get one ordered. Hopefully get all the mounts off to powdercoat this week. I would really like to get the cab on the frame soon.

I am a little bummed. Tomorrow was supposed to be the delivery date of this truck as its the customers Bday present to himself. But with the chassis issues that wont happen. We are working our tails off to make up for the lost time.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2015, 01:42 AM   #43
hopped up

I'm glad I ran into this build. Sucks about the bull dealing with Travis, I don't know him but know the people on this site are honest and full of integrity. So I'd stay away from him for sure! Progress looks good man , I was wondering who the parts were for on ig. Let s see more of your pup, you know I love the bully's
Old 06-17-2015, 10:24 AM   #44
Pro Performance

Awesome build and subscribed so I can follow along on progress.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #45
Kyle@FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopped up View Post
I'm glad I ran into this build. Sucks about the bull dealing with Travis, I don't know him but know the people on this site are honest and full of integrity. So I'd stay away from him for sure! Progress looks good man , I was wondering who the parts were for on ig. Let s see more of your pup, you know I love the bully's
HAHA. Thanks. IG parts were for this thing. Thought I could save 1 bracket off that crossmember and just couldn't. But summit has them in stock if I cant find it locally today. Grace loves attention so Im sure she wouldnt mind more pictures haha. Hope all is well, see you guys at Brothers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Performance View Post
Awesome build and subscribed so I can follow along on progress.
Thanks Travis, and thanks for all your help with the PB parts and Brakes. I also got your email yesterday and there will be a "s" added today. haha
Old 06-18-2015, 11:28 AM   #46
Kyle@FTP

Met with the upholstery guy yesterday, got materials and colors nailed down. I am really looking forward to seeing the seat done. Im really hoping on track shows up with 1 bracket today so I can get the trans crossmember done and out to powder coat and at the same time pick up the wheel. Almost every part is here. just waiting on a few small things then its into overdrive to get this thing finished!
Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #47
Kyle@FTP

We have been fighting engine and trans placement the last week or so. Found out the frame is twisted. So before I get the motor set in final I need to disassemble the rear (which was not done by us) and straighten everything out. Just adds to the frustration but again and again, I cant thank Nate at PB enough. not only does he answer all my questions but he is very involved to make sure we have the correct parts and everything is correct. and the customers patients. Im thankful he is letting me go through this and fix the entire chassis so I know its right and safe. I know he is chomping at the bit to get the cab on the chassis.

Progress that can be seen. The seat is done. This truck is simple so I really didnt want to go crazy on the seat. Just kept it simple.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2015, 10:59 PM   #48
rwade

What's the seat out of? It looks great!

Wade
Old 06-24-2015, 01:10 AM   #49
tinydb84

Sucks about the frame. Seat looks awesome though!
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #50
westcoast5

great progress so far!
Closed Thread