The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-05-2003, 08:15 AM   #26
GMCPaul

I'll step up on this one we are the vendor. We lost over $4000.00 in under 60 days due to selling to Canadian customers. This loss ranged from stolen credit cards where credit card information could not be verified due to a non-US issueing bank being involved and used to purchase goods , Canadians refusing to pay customs duties and merchandise on those sales coming back and losing all shipping charges and shipping to Canada's not cheap and others not doing the required Canadian documents on imported goods themselves and then refusing to pay Fed-Exor UPS documentations fees, which means they still get there parts but we then get the documentation fees bill.
Losses due to the ended us doing any international sales. I'm sorry if you feel we were slighting you because your Canadian but the fact is we can't afford losses like this and stay in business.
Thus the requirement that credit card purchases be made with only a USA issued credit card and that we will then only ship to a USA address. My appoligies if you feel slighted but its definately not personal nor a slight to my Canadian neighbors and fellow truck lovers!!
GMCPaul
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 09:27 AM   #27
00droptopSS
2.5/4 on 20's

I think that is logical Paul. A small business owner can't risk loses of that amount.

No flame intended, but it's not the venders fault it is Canada. If they didn't charge duties and make it so difficult to get things in they could ship items up there much easier.

GMC69 I could see how it would be very frustrating not being able to get parts in Canada, but think of it in another way. If there isn’t a vender in Canada selling our truck parts it could be an opportunity to make money.

My Old 72 SWB

Last edited by 00droptopSS; 09-05-2003 at 09:30 AM.
00droptopSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:39 AM   #28
Custom 68

I dont want to get flamed either but Paul has bent over backwards for me and I know others too. True we are in the states but I have ordered several things from him I recieved the wrong part one time and he told me to keep it and sent me the correct one. I too feel your frustration but sometimes you do have to look at if from a business stand point. Good luck on getting what you need.
"A good friend will bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "that was frekin awesome".
"If it doesn't fit force it...If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway!"
Custom 68 is offline   Reply With Quote