The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #26
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: stop asking when it will be done!!!

Special-K needs to qualify his comment. "This ain't no reality show!" works but lack Panache, It should be "This ain't no reality show,.... Unless you want to start paying the bill". That way, he can get the hint in that they don't have an opinion unless they open their checkbook.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:23 PM   #27
TJ's Chevy

Still not done???? GOOD LORD!!!!!!!!!
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #28
ryanroo

I've got nearly 4 years in mine already. My lady friend understands. she says 'well, you have built the WHOLE thing. you took it all apart!' usually in response to me griping about wanting it done...

but by far the most common question after someone who hasnt ever built or rebuilt anything is, when are you gonna finish it? it doesnt help when it looks like all it needs is some more paint and an interior, to an uninformed eye. it has all its parts! whatever. i started asking people how many parts they think are in an old chevy? because i've touched them all! i have hundreds of hours of design in one of a kind parts. how long do you think that takes a herd of engineers at GM to do? haha.

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #29
Gooker928

I'm Three years into my build and once a week for the last year one of my neighbors asks "How long do you think it will take you to finish?" I allways say "I can be done right now or I can take my time and do it right". They allways give me a confused look and kinda amble away.....
BTW. When are you going to be done with your project?
Gooker928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:00 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

I'm letting mine marinade .

The question is "When ya gonna start another one?" That was always my problem, too many irons in the fire. One t a time is new to me and that is too much now

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote