The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-26-2015, 09:54 AM   #26
57larry

Re: Anybody used CPP's rear disc brake kit?

well, I am really confused. you guys make great points. the kit I bought from CPP has an instruction sheet that says to use 1978-1983 Malibu, Chevelle front calipers and CPP's rotors # AR-8608SB. I just wanted to know what rotors fit without buying CPP's. My kit just has the brackets and hoses. my kit # is 6387RWBK

Thank you all for your help here. This old retired guy is getting frustrated. Larry
57larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 AM   #27
Taibo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57larry View Post
well, I am really confused. you guys make great points. the kit I bought from CPP has an instruction sheet that says to use 1978-1983 Malibu, Chevelle front calipers and CPP's rotors # AR-8608SB. I just wanted to know what rotors fit without buying CPP's. My kit just has the brackets and hoses. my kit # is 6387RWBK

Thank you all for your help here. This old retired guy is getting frustrated. Larry
I wouldn't get frustrated. Like most aftermarket "kits" they change over time depending on the availability of parts at a price which makes the "kit" assembler the most money. Most of us who play with old trucks and cars know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, exactly what it was we put on them. If you learn anything from this it should be not to throw the bull**** flag quite so fast!
Taibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:25 AM   #28
57larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taibo View Post
I wouldn't get frustrated. Like most aftermarket "kits" they change over time depending on the availability of parts at a price which makes the "kit" assembler the most money. Most of us who play with old trucks and cars know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, exactly what it was we put on them. If you learn anything from this it should be not to throw the bull**** flag quite so fast!
yes, you are so right, sorry, Larry
57larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #29
jmking9

How much are the rotors from CPP? I can't find that part number on their website.
The way that kit was put together was, If you wanted an e-brake, your kit would have had the Cadillac rear calipers. The w/o e-brake kit will come with the Malibu front calipers.
*Malibus had drums on the rear, and the front rotors have the hub built in. Not to mention Malibus weren't 5x5 BP anyway. So asking for Malibu rotors is out.
*Cadillac Eldorados weren't 5x5 BP either (4.75) Neither were the Sevilles that the calipers from the kit use.

This website lets you search by bolt pattern, or by vehicle.
http://www.wheelsupport.com
Old 08-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #30
Taibo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
How much are the rotors from CPP? I can't find that part number on their website.
The way that kit was put together was, If you wanted an e-brake, your kit would have had the Cadillac rear calipers. The w/o e-brake kit will come with the Malibu front calipers.
*Malibus had drums on the rear, and the front rotors have the hub built in. Not to mention Malibus weren't 5x5 BP anyway. So asking for Malibu rotors is out.
*Cadillac Eldorados weren't 5x5 BP either (4.75) Neither were the Sevilles that the calipers from the kit use.

This website lets you search by bolt pattern, or by vehicle.
http://www.wheelsupport.com
Sevilles were not 11.160 in diameter on the standard GM 5 x 5 bolt circle? Really??? I guess O'reillys and I are both suffering from the same delusion. The seville had several variants and the 1980 and up were front wheel drive with 5 x 4.5 bolt circle. I neither know nor care about the brakes for the Seville other than the 78-79 which as shown, are GM 5x5 because they fit my truck which is equipped with the CPP rear brake kit. Note, however, that ONLY the 5.7 L equipped Seville came with those brakes. The Chevelle forum also lists the 75-76 Eldorado as using the same rotor. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the claims made there.
Attached Images

Last edited by Taibo; 08-26-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Taibo is offline   Reply With Quote