The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2015, 03:53 PM   #1
bonehead

Asking for opinions and then getting mad

Just sitting here in NC and watching it rain for the past week and a half, and pondering some of the great mysteries in Chevy truck forum world. I have been a member of this board since 2007 so I have seen this situation happen over and over again, and I would like anyone's opinion about it, if you are as bored as I am right now... Note: this is a general observation, not about anyone in specific, past or present.

Many times truck owners post pics and a write-up of a truck they are building or they have purchased, and then they ask, "what do you think about it"? Everyone loves to receive positive comments, who wouldn't. But sometime a brave sole makes a comment that is not "pro-project" or make a statement questioning the design or condition or overall looks about the project or purchase. Sometimes the owner who solicited the opinion gets his feeling hurt, or sometimes another forum member, unrelated to the owner even gets upset about the comment and calls the commentator out for it.

As a forum member and reader, even if I agree or disagree about the comment, I don't understand why everyone get so upset when originally the owner asked for everyone to tell him "what do you think about it"? Didn't he want some honest feedback, both positive or negative?

This situation always baffles me. If any of you guys are as bored as me right now, let me know what you think about this situation, we have all seen and read threads in this forum where this has happened.

Your puzzled friend, )bone(
1966 C-10 custom cab LWB
bonehead is offline   Reply With Quote