The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-13-2016, 07:10 PM   #26
wolfsmurf70

Re: Ole Rusty

got a Hobart. works great. I was doing the longhorn but there is too much $$ to get that bed to where I want it to be, I did a quick shopping list for just the patch panels and floor parts and was into a grand already and since I was putting the whole thing on a 8ft bed frame anyways ill do the reg lwb.
wolfsmurf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 07:17 PM   #27
wolfsmurf70

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbill72 View Post
Under misc. for sale there is a non Chevy vehicle for sale section. When you say it needs a pump is it bad or missing?
all I know about it is the then owners put it in the shop to get a random miss fixed. they put a pump on it thinking that was it and it hasn't ran since. I can get it to run with a puff of go juice into the turbo but it quickly dies. they had told me they thought the new pump was out of time so I pulled the front cover and everything is in time according to the FSM. I would get a used pump and drop in there but Im in too deep on rusty.lol
Old 03-20-2016, 08:19 PM   #28
wolfsmurf70

my adhd kicked in really heavy and I couldn't concentrate so I just set the bed on the frame to measure for mounts.

looks pretty good. I got it centered up side to side and there will be clearance for wheel travel.

rear mount will have to be 1 1\2 in off the frame

front will be 3in rise.

and we still cleared the fuel tank and rollover valve they decided would stick up a few inches above the frame.

maybe tomorrow I will get the wheel house rust repaired. a buddy works at the tech school and they have a press that can punch the square holes in the new metal for the carriage head bolts.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:46 PM   #29
wolfsmurf70

i got a little done today. took the steering box off to fix the cracked frame.

it looks lovely.
painted mounting bracket and brace.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:56 PM   #30
wolfsmurf70

NEW MEAT!

while i had the gear box off i decided to see if i will be able to combine the chevy column with dodge gear box. i lucked out,splines match up on both ends!
ill use the chevy D-joint since it is tight as a drum(dodge had a little play in it) and the dodge rag joint.

dam it seems like im not making any headway but im not getting burned out yet. on the good news side i have a guy who wants to trade me a 5 speed getrag with all the trimmings(bellhousing,flywheel,etc) for the dodge cab! cant wait.

does anyone know of a thread where someone made their own clutch pedal setup along with hydraulic lines and such? i need some ideas. ive found a russell performance braided line kit with the connections that will fit dodge clutch master and slave, all i need now is to figure out how to make the pedal setup and a bracket for the cmc.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:07 PM   #31
wolfsmurf70

since we have the front clip off i went ahead and pulled the timing cover to fix that pesky KDP.

found it had moved a little.

a chevy starter shim,pair of tin snips and a couple minutes later and its blocked off.

maybe i can get some more little projects done tomorrow.