The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #26
Dave K.

Re: Question about value and paint schemes

I had the ochre/white combo on my 72 and it got a lot of compliments. The worst thing you can do is paint your truck all kinds of bizarre colors and schemes. You say you will never sell it but that's now--we all say this. Paint it a color you like but is somewhat neutral. I walk away from bright red trucks (or purple) and bizarre color combos, special paint jobs with custom graphics. There ARE colors which limit re-sale of a vehicle-and value. Repainting a nice truck is EXPENSIVE if you want to do it right and I factor this in when looking at a vehicle. Just look at how many custom vehicles sit in the for sale lot for a long period of time.... and how many originals sell quickly. Never base a decision on "never going to sell it" because eventually 99% of us do....
Dave K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:16 PM   #27
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Question about value and paint schemes

Had this truck since 89. Was dumb luck when I bought it. Reliable, simple, style is an understatement. Has all the paperwork, the right stickers, no rust etc...... I don't see selling it.

But I could be tempted a trade against say a beautiful 68-72 Charger or RT, with a nice history and BB. Same if someone paid 125% its value.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote