The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
72GREENC10

1972 C10 Pro Touring/Autocross build

Hey guys, ive had this truck in my family for the past 18-19 years and was given to me as a highschool ride when i was 15. needless to say, i put it through hell for those few years, after highschool i drove it to work for a few years and finally bought a daily. then this year i had enough to get the it built how i always wanted. So i thought id share this with you guys, Yes i know its a longbed, yes its a leafspring truck, but that doesnt show itself as a problem, i see it as a challenge that would be fun to take on. so ill be keeping you guys updated for a while from suspension, steering, drive train, and paint.

I decided to go with cpp for the front suspension, i liked their products, as well as the customer service and the cost of their stuff, so i bought upper and lower control arms, tie rods, steering box, spindles,sway bars, springs, and some other small things, needless to say, everything installed super easy, and i love it,couldnt be more happy.

As far as brakes go, i went wilwood d52 kit for the front for the time being. im planning on having the d154 kit for the rear as well soon. got the pads bedded yesturday and wow i am amazed with the product as well as simplicity. the brake lines were a struggle to figure out because of the different sizes on the hard lines coming down to the cross member but i got it figured out. stops great.

Steering, i went simple, quick ratio box from cpp, installed it yesurday, and wow i am completely amazed in the difference, these guys know their stuff, if your not looking to get into a rack and pinion this is the next best thing. super stiff feeling, no slop and very good ratio.

shocks, easy for me, ridetech, hearing nothing but good about their hq series shocks, still waiting for those to come in, should be fairly soon.

wheels and tires, i wanted something cheaper, but can still take the beating, so i went with rocket booster wheels wrapped in potenza re11 tires, the look awesome and werent priced super crazy. love them.

ill keep you guys updated when i get my shocks and the rear sway bar in.

Thanks
Attached Images

72GREENC10 is offline   Reply With Quote