The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-22-2016, 04:24 AM   #26
Nitis

Re: Custom Seat - Install 2010 Dodge Ram Seat

Did you alter anything else aside from removing the headrests? I am surprised how low the backs are on them
Nitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #27
ksshane

Those came out awesome.
Old 04-22-2016, 11:07 AM   #28
Steve Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitis View Post
Did you alter anything else aside from removing the headrests? I am surprised how low the backs are on them
I was surprised too until he told me the height of the seat cushion is 11" from the floor. I may be wrong, but I believe this is about 3" lower than stock height.
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #29
Hellbent
Don't blame the messenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iregalado View Post
Thank you vet much awesome work and great write up, really appreciate the time you put into showing us your work and skills.
No problem, I hope it helps someone. Mounting them was really easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitis View Post
Nope nothing else, just removed the head rest and cut the factory mounting ears from the frame. I have done a lot of searching and measuring lots of seats to find the width and back height to fit this truck. Specifically wanting them under the window. I really want them lower than they are. I'm looking at further frame modifications to shave another inch or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksshane View Post
Those came out awesome.
Cool man, glad you like them.

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
"Some drink from the fountain of knowledge while others just gargle."
Hellbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #30
berch 69GMC

Those are great. Do you have upholstery experience? I am considering trying similar on some dodge buddy's I came across last fall
berch 69GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:42 PM   #31
Hellbent

Quote:
Originally Posted by berch 69GMC View Post
Those are great. Do you have upholstery experience? I am considering trying similar on some dodge buddy's I came across last fall
Yeah, I've spent sometime behind the pedal. Good luck with your seats.

On the Level
Just a guy with a hammer and a grinder. OH!, and an HOA- enough said...: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372525
Old 11-04-2018, 02:35 AM   #32
Steve Cole

Thanks for the write up but I have 2 Questions for you -
1)- I bought a set of 2003 seats that look identical to what you have, I looked at 2010 seats on EBay and they look different to yours, are you sure you have 2010 seats?
2) In pic 5, it looks like the mounting hole is roughly about 6" from the outboard end of the raised "hump" area of the floorboard, (I know pics can be deceiving) but with my seats, the o/b seat track fell directly over the the mounting hole when the seat was centered on its respective side. Also, if the seat was centered, the center console was not. (for reference, for the passenger seat centerline, I centered it with the glovebox open button. If the center console was centered, the seat was not.
Can you provide the measurements of the seat tracks centerline to centerline so I can see what the problem with my setup is? I really want this to work, but with my measurements, I don't see how it can. What am I missing?
Thanks
Steve Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:01 AM   #33
rjs53

Very nice job! Was wondering how much if any extra leg room you may have gotten.
rjs53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #34
fourspeedwagon

Looks excellent- Great job!
I have a 3rd gen dodge with those style seats and I love them. So comfortable. I hadn’t thought of them being used for a swap like that before. Thanks
“People are shocked when they find out I’m not a good electrician”
Dad told me “Son, never strike a man in anger- unless you’re certain you can get away with it”
fourspeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:44 PM   #35
ivanuf2

I also used a Ram bench, I do not recall the year, but they fit great.
Attached Images

ivanuf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:38 PM   #36
Hellbent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cole View Post
Thanks for the write up but I have 2 Questions for you -
1)- I bought a set of 2003 seats that look identical to what you have, I looked at 2010 seats on EBay and they look different to yours, are you sure you have 2010 seats?
2) In pic 5, it looks like the mounting hole is roughly about 6" from the outboard end of the raised "hump" area of the floorboard, (I know pics can be deceiving) but with my seats, the o/b seat track fell directly over the the mounting hole when the seat was centered on its respective side. Also, if the seat was centered, the center console was not. (for reference, for the passenger seat centerline, I centered it with the glovebox open button. If the center console was centered, the seat was not.
Can you provide the measurements of the seat tracks centerline to centerline so I can see what the problem with my setup is? I really want this to work, but with my measurements, I don't see how it can. What am I missing?
Thanks
I am NOT certain of the year. 2010 was written on the windshield of the truck that I pulled them from. I just assumed, but thinking about it now, that date could have meant anything.
Unfortunately, I removed the seats and placed them in storage. I will not be able to provide you any measurements at this time. I do recall mocking them up as centered on the steering wheel and thinking how great it was that it worked out perfect left to right with equal measurements to the doors. I do not have a stock dash so the passenger center reference to the button wasn’t considered. I wish I could be of more help and hope to be back on the project once it cools off.

On the Level
Old 11-05-2018, 07:41 PM   #37
Hellbent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs53 View Post
Very nice job! Was wondering how much if any extra leg room you may have gotten.
I was able to get a few extra inches by moving the seat back to a more vertical position and sliding it back to the wall.

On the Level