The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2017, 03:50 PM   #26
vht

Re: Small Soda & Media Blasters what works well?

On door latches I'm going to put Jeep type latches. Done had 1 break that I originally put on, hence the bungee cord. Also, I'm no carpenter.
vht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #27
TKCR

VHT, Thanks for the info about Tractor Supply having the media. God< I can't believe I paid $50 for that box from Harbor Freight!! I just went ahead and got it, because I didn't know how hard it would be to find. I just live in a little town, but we do have a TSC!!
In fact you might like this, then again maybe not. But the town I live in, is called Bellefontaine, but a lot of people call it Belletucky. I guess they like to make fun, saying that we are a hillbilly town or something. A lot of my family is from Kentucky and my Dad was born there. I don't take offense to it, cause I know I got hillbilly in my blood.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 06:03 PM   #28
vht

Little bit of hillbilly never hurt anybody. I knew the name of the town, I just wrote it on that box this morning, lol.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:07 PM   #29
dajn
Account Suspended

I bought this little blaster off ebay for $70. So far I have only blasted a few valve covers and a battery tray, but it works very good. All I have is a 14 year old Coleman powermate compressor that puts out only 6cfm at 90psi. Definitely not enough but it works for small stuff. If I have my compressor full and maxed out, I can blast about half of a valve cover before needing to shut the valve off and letting the compressor kick off again. It burns old paint and rust right off. I just used a bag of fine sand that you would use for patio blocks to fill the seams. An 80 gallon two phase compressor is on my list when the time is right. That cheap little menards compressor I have has more than paid for itself.
Attached Images

dajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #30
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajn View Post
I bought this little blaster off ebay for $70. So far I have only blasted a few valve covers and a battery tray, but it works very good. All I have is a 14 year old Coleman powermate compressor that puts out only 6cfm at 90psi. Definitely not enough but it works for small stuff. If I have my compressor full and maxed out, I can blast about half of a valve cover before needing to shut the valve off and letting the compressor kick off again. It burns old paint and rust right off. I just used a bag of fine sand that you would use for patio blocks to fill the seams. An 80 gallon two phase compressor is on my list when the time is right. That cheap little menards compressor I have has more than paid for itself.
Sweet!!!
Old 01-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #31
vht

They sure take a lot of air, I have a big compressor and I'll stop and let it rest. Mine's more like 25 yrs old though.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #32
moregrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by vht View Post
I'll post some pics of mine here so it'll maybe help somebody. First off if you buy a small one, you are going to want bigger. Done went through that. Second, for media in fine, medium, and course, Tractor Supply is $8.00 a 50lb bag. You can buy other types, walnut shell and what have you in plastic buckets there, it's higher and I've never used it. I've used the fine media to do intakes and even carb parts. Mine is around 3x4 ft. Wish it was bigger. Like I said before, partical board or plywood, whatever you got. Lower frame, legs, are 2x4's, inside I ripped some 2x4's into 2x2's and used them, I screwed it all together. I used liquid nails to seal each seam. Bolted angle iron inside to lay my steel screen on. Ordered gun and gloves off ebay, TP tools also has all kinds of stuff, I've ordered from them before. They will send you a free catalog. You can barely see the 1/4 in hole I drilled in the fitting the hose attaches to. I mounted a light in the top, center, and then I put a 750 watt I think in the left side back corner so there is plenty of light. Shop vac sucks out the dust, need to make a filter system for it. Mounted 2 light switches, 1 for shop vac, 1 for lights, glove holes need to be bigger, they work but deep as it is I'm going to make them bigger to make it easier to move around. The seals, or rings for them right now are plastic drain inserts I bought at Lowes and cut the center out. Don't mean to jack the thread but thought this might help someone. Any questions, ask away.
awesome!

1983 Chevy C10 250/3spd (current project truck)
1976 Chevy C10 350/350 Heavy Half (future project truck)
moregrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:31 PM   #33
TKCR

Update:

The adjustable table came, got it put together. Blaster sits on top nicely, and since it is adjustable, I can put it at a comfortable height . And the generator fits nicely underneath.
Attached Images

Old 01-13-2017, 10:25 PM   #34
rusty76

Cool
My build thread
Crossmembers CC
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #35
TKCR

Finally got all the parts needed to get the Blaster up and running. It works great!!
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2017, 03:02 PM   #36
suville

Reference to blasting cabs, very good info.
( search) You tube "Alvarez Metal Works", Harbor Freight Blast Cab
suville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 06:46 PM   #37
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
Finally got all the parts needed to get the Blaster up and running. It works great!!
Your hooked now. You will be looking for things to blast,

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote