The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #26
TheRocket

Re: Goodbye Edelbrcok Carb, Hello Holley TBI!

Not only no, BUT HELL NO, do not buy anything from F.A.S.T., aka Fuel, Air, Spark Technology aka EZ-EFI.
TheRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #27
2B32

Re: Goodbye Edelbrcok Carb, Hello Holley TBI!

Another update.

I got my idle issues resolved and set my Sniper parameters to Holley specs at hot idle. Timing is 11° BTDC, IAC +/- 5%, Hot Idle bounces around 850 RPM +/- 30. I went for a test drive and it seemed to be running well until the engine reached about 175°. After the engine got hot it started cutting out/sputtering/lurching under acceleration. If I kicked in into neutral it seemed to smooth out, but I would have to rev the engine much higher than normal and ease the clutch real slow to take off again. Even then it would cut out/sputter/lurch to get going again; it even died a couple of times. On restart, it would crank but it would not fire up right away like it did cold, and I would have to depress the gas pedal slightly to get it to fire (from what I understand I should not have to do that with EFI). I let it sit and cool off, then repeated the process a couple more times. I have a datalog of my last drive. I can view the log, but anytime I try to upload it to a forum I get an "invalid file" error.

Any idea what's causing my driveability issue?
2B32 is offline   Reply With Quote