The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #1
mgm60

1972 Cheyenne - Finally Pulled the Trigger

After lurking about here for several months, learning a bunch about these trucks from members and looking at about a dozen different trucks I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1972 Cheyenne C10 this week. I stumbled across it on the web at a dealership in Hattiesburg Mississippi. I flew down on Tuesday and the truck was way better in person than the pictures or description from Dean the salesman. Many of the trucks I looked at before had some issue or another that I couldn't get past and folks wanted crazy money for trucks with rust issues, cut down long beds, and so on.
This a legit 1972 Cheyenne C10 with SPID, matching cab VIN and frame VIN. Nearly rust free its been restored sometime in the recent past and whoever did the work knew their business. They did put a little mustard on it with the Super upgrades, badges, woodgrain dash and houndstooth seats. But other than that, and little lowering its restored pretty close to original.
Drove it back to Denver from Hattiesburg over a two day run and it ran like a champ, super tight and a great ride. Averaged 16 mpg doing 75 mph @ 3200 rpm.
Does have a few things to sort out so I'll be looking for help here on the forum with some of those. The short list includes:
1. Speedo runs out about 15 mph over actual
2. AC runs great but couldn't get the heat to work. Think the cables are sticking. That was fine when I left MS and it was 90 degrees but a PITA when I got to Colorado and it was 38
3. Not sure I love the Cragars....maybe go old school with some Rallys....but the Cragars and tires look brand new
4. Drove through some rain and the windshield wipers work but squeak like mad

Other than that just drive and enjoy.

Thanks again to the members out there who share their knowledge. It really helped me evaluate trucks, avoid buying somebody's mess and get a great little truck. Here are some pics.
Attached Images

mgm60 is offline   Reply With Quote