The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-02-2017, 12:00 PM   #26
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Re: Ebay craziness!

The thing is....these NOS truck parts were always fairly cheap since there were soooo many made BUT-with global demand for correct parts, it has driven the price up on already popular trucks to build. And then there are a select group who prefer NOS parts whether we like the orices or not some people have no other options. Also, GMC stuff is crazy money and NOS stuff is starting to cause even the overseas buyers to source unlicensed Chinese rip offs...tho in the US we are not likely to see them for sale due to GM putting the clamps down on any company attempting to offer them.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #27
abig84

i was searching emblems today just to see what some are worth and seems almost all of them are insane on the prices, i think it just a vicious cycle. when this person goes to sell theirs they see what everyone else is asking, $150 thats what mine are worth too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1976-80-GMC-...ZYkRQB&vxp=mtr

but as others have said they gm aint making this stuff anymore, i need to dig out my bucket of emblems and make a few thousand dollars it seems. most the time i sell stuff i just want to get rid of it. if i listed the emblems above i would just put the starting bid at 10 bucks and let them sell for whatever i got for them. rather just see them get used
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:59 PM   #28
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
rather just see them get used
This.

I like to make a little something to help me afford the hobby but I am content with about half of what other people list the stuff for on craigslist. Not real stoked to see things shoot up just because somebody'll pay it. Rather see people get what they need to keep their project going and feel good about giving the buyer a good deal. Tired of the Richard Rawlings school of thought where the money is the focus. I think the car/truck oughta be the focus and helping someone else build one is part of the coolness of the hobby.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #29
abig84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
This.

I like to make a little something to help me afford the hobby but I am content with about half of what other people list the stuff for on craigslist. Not real stoked to see things shoot up just because somebody'll pay it. Rather see people get what they need to keep their project going and feel good about giving the buyer a good deal. Tired of the Richard Rawlings school of thought where the money is the focus. I think the car/truck oughta be the focus and helping someone else build one is part of the coolness of the hobby.
the biggest problem with selling stuff dirt cheap is the re-sellers, ive sold stuff even 10 years ago for dirt cheap just cause i wanted someone to use the parts and seen them put right back on craigslist for 4-5 times the price.

same reason why its hard to find anything at the flea markets anymore, other sellers go around first thing and buy up everything cheap. ive sold at a flea market before and other vendors were buying stuff off the trailer as we were unloading it due to selling stuff cheap to get rid of it.
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #30
gmachinz
Account Suspended

This stuff has always happened-and always will. I'm old enough to remember when this happened to 67-72 a-body parts, 67-69 and now 70-81 f-body parts, 78-88 g-bodies and now 67-72 and 73-91 squarebody parts. Next in line will be 82-92 f-body stuff.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote