The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-22-2021, 10:29 PM   #26
tj1970cst

Re: converting to disc brakes on front 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I used CPP parts thru Summit , Don't forget to use some good high heat paint on the raw metal parts or they will rust up quick .
Looks great!
tj1970cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:34 PM   #27
easyrider

Well, update. I waited for weeks to get my set up and they said it would be ready yesterday (23th) I called them and was told PPC had backed up the delivery date until Sept 27th!!! Summit did have the set up with stock spindles but no 2 1/2" drop. So, I bought that one. they only had 3 sets of those. May be the better for it all, but was super disappointed. I have 3" drop springs on front and 5" drop springs on back, so does anyone have this set up on their truck so I can see what look I can anticipate? They said they had never had this problem in last 30 years. And, of course, I waited until now to make my conversion!! Thanks guys for the support!!
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:23 PM   #28
easyrider

Got my brake kit in today. We'll see how this all plays out. Maybe just what I was wanting, just required Divine intervention........
easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #29
CC69Rat

Check out the kits from The Little Shop out of Nashville. Absolutely awesome customer service and quality parts. The packaging is perfect, the kit includes bearings, brake hoses, it even has a new washer and spindle bolt. Very well thought out conversion kit from guys who are into hot rods and genuinely love their job. I talked to and met a few of the guys. I cant say enough about them. I have their 4 wheel disc kit on my 67, and I would not hesitate to go that route again.

https://www.littleshopmfg.com/

1967 C10 SWB - Project Savannah - 6.0/4L80 *Currently underway*
1968 C10 SWB - TOTY 2018, 50th Anniversary Tribute Project * Sold * Pride and Joy
1986 Silverado Short Fleet - Scarlet *Sold*
1985 Silverado Short Fleet *Sold*
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted, Built
1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - Lifted
2013 Honda Accord EX-L v6 Coupe 6spd (wife's ride)
CC69Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 09:23 PM   #30
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC69Rat View Post
Check out the kits from The Little Shop out of Nashville. Absolutely awesome customer service and quality parts. The packaging is perfect, the kit includes bearings, brake hoses, it even has a new washer and spindle bolt. Very well thought out conversion kit from guys who are into hot rods and genuinely love their job. I talked to and met a few of the guys. I cant say enough about them. I have their 4 wheel disc kit on my 67, and I would not hesitate to go that route again.

https://www.littleshopmfg.com/
I'll keep them in mind if I end up with room for another vehicle and get one without front disc brakes. Some vendors are a little weak on delivery of parts.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote