The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-09-2004, 11:57 AM   #26
Burnsman
Chevy Freak

Burnsman's Avatar

Location: Meadville, Pa.
e-mail

Shawn, sounds like a scam to me. I have gotten all kinds of scam e-mails, but this is the first time I've seen something like that. Those rip-off artists are awful creative.....................
__________________
69 GMC SWB, 350
70 Chevy LWB, 350
55 chevy gasser, 461
67 RS Camaro, 406
Burnsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 11:59 AM   #27
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10's Avatar

Location: Virginia Beach, Va. U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by walker
I had no idea that an am/fm mono radio from a '60's vehicle could be so much! I thought it was a joke at first but it appears that you are serious.
Does seem a bit far-fetched, but keep in mind that this is a "New" old stock item that has never been installed in a truck, still in the original box with all original paperwork and hardware. Those "all original" fanatics go nuts over this type of stuff because it's so hard to come across anymore, and gets even harder as time goes by. One of these days I'll get off my arss and buy an NOS grill while they are still available.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 12:05 PM   #28
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10's Avatar

Location: Virginia Beach, Va. U.S.A.
Shawn, something does sound a little unusual about that email. Ask if they would send you a unit COD.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:36 PM   #29
meathead95
computer illiterate

meathead95's Avatar

Location: Des Moines, IA
i just got the same email from them and it says i am the seller also lol.......

Quote:
Shawn, something does sound a little unusual about that email. Ask if they would send you a unit COD.
I was thinking the same thing.

here is my email, I highly doubt their is an over abundance of these.

Dear customer,
We saw you'r bid for the NOS 68 69 70 71 72 Chevy GMC Trk AM/FM Radio and we
would like to make you an offer.
We could offer you the same unit to buy now without the auction.
We will use UPS for shipping and Western Union for payment.
Our company offer you shippment inssured - INTERNATIONALY/INSIDE COUNTRY
shipped.
Shipping will take usually - 24/48 hours Shipping is made
using UNITED POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) SERVICE.
Shipping is absolutely FREE! Yes, that's right.
SHIPPING IS FREE! Not only is shipping FREE but
you will also receive 100% protection from loss or damage with our
"On the House" FULL INSURANCE coverage.
Your shipment will be professionally secured with
heavy-duty packaging designed to protect the contents of your shipment cross
country.
Buy from us and your transaction will be 100% HEADACHE FREE!
And if any problems do arise, we'll take care of all the paperwork
and ship you replacement parts within a few days.
No other Company can offer you that kind of SECURITY and PEACE OF MIND.
Did your entire package get lost?
We'll replace your entire machine for you for FREE! .
Our customer service professionals are ready to help you every step of the way .
We strive for QUALITY NOT QUANTITY. Here you will receive the individualized
care you deserve
If you are interested please advice us how many units
you want to buy and send us the shipping details so we could make
you an offer to my email address:cocina21@yahoo.com
We are looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you in advance for your time.
--------------------

Question from: cocina21
Title of item: NOS 68 69 70 71 72 Chevy GMC Trk AM/FM Radio
Seller: 72swb4x4chevy
Starts: Jan-04-04 18:59:13 PST
Ends: Jan-11-04 18:59:13 PST
Price: Currently $600.50
__________________
72 2wd blazer
72 swb 4x4
meathead95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #30
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

Quote:

Question from: cocina21
Title of item: NOS 68 69 70 71 72 Chevy GMC Trk AM/FM Radio
Seller: 72swb4x4chevy
Starts: Jan-04-04 18:59:13 PST
Ends: Jan-11-04 18:59:13 PST
Price: Currently $600.50
Check that out 72swb4x4chevy is selling one also - LOL

I emailed them saying that they would need to send me a sample radio COD, before I would consider buying them in bulk

I will keep you informed about how it goes

FYI - I also contacted the guy selling it and he said he has been getting alot of strange emails asking details about the radio - like some one is trying to make listing w/ out knowing anything about it

Shawn

Last edited by rickspickuppart; 01-09-2004 at 02:11 PM.
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:10 PM   #31
Heavy-Chevy
Registered User

Location: Ennis (& Styx),Texas
I have a hundred of those...

I will sell them cheap too..

What is the differance between truck and car radio?1960-70's?

__________________
TRUCKS & Autos that run:

1972 GMC Sierra Grande 3/4ton LWB 4x4

1972 Chevrollet K/5 with a 6"Lift, 462 heads "money pit"

1988 K3500 Crew "Big Red" 4x4

PARTS OR PROJECT TRUCKS:

PARTS for sale or trade:

WANT :

1972 parts blazer/Jimmy parts truck

1967-72 Parts Chevy/GMC Truck

NEED stainless hubcap for 3/4ton GMC
Heavy-Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:38 PM   #32
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

scam

I just heard back from them here it is:
I would have to pass on it unless I could have you send a sample C.O.D. first, from my point of view sending funds in a non-secure transaction to an unknown organization that I was contacted by via email seems kind of a risky way to do business Do you have a phone number or a store front I can contact?

Shawn
The price for one unit is 450 USD including shipping.
So for ten units is 4500 USD including shipping.But i told you i use only Western Union.
I'll wait your reply.

Rick Roche <****************2@msn.com> wrote:
As a dealer I would like to see one before I would consider placing a large order of them, can you ship me one COD and what would the price per unit be on ten units?

Shawn
[...]

To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2452543760

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 03:54 PM   #33
Bamm
Cowboy Fan for Life!!!!!!

Bamm's Avatar

Location: Amelia, Virginia
To save anyone else the hassle, I propose anyone thinking of sending them money, proceed directly to the bathroom of your choice, lift lid, insert money, and then flush................ If you are thinking of buying in bulk, it may take a few extra courtesy flushes to get all of your money down, but this will save you the hassle of mailing them money and actually waiting for something that you will never see................... LOL (Laughing with you, not at you)
I know you guys are smarter than to believe that they have a supply of these in this condition........ Later.......Jerry
__________________
1967 ShortBed Fleetside
3/4 Drop 350/700R4
Tilt wheel
18 x 8 Torque Thrust II's
Future mods: All new gauges & wood bed
My Zip is 23002
I ship UPS, USPS
Bamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 04:55 PM   #34
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10's Avatar

Location: Virginia Beach, Va. U.S.A.
I wouldn't mind having ten of them myself. Ask him for his address and we'll go pick them up in person.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #35
imdarren
Registered User

imdarren's Avatar

Location: SW Washington
I think it would be cool to try and get a physical address to "show up and meet with cash".
He can't say that he does not take cash.
And why would he not let you pick it up in person if you lived close to him?
We could have a board member who lives close show up and report back how they look in person.
Hell. Ask him to send photos!
Can he even do that?
Tell him you want a photo of the stack of ten radios!
Not just one photo of one of them!

DArren
__________________
Washington State

1967 Chevy C10 LWB Rodstoration In Progress.
1972 K20 Cheyenne Super
imdarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:54 PM   #36
72Bob
Registered User

72Bob's Avatar

Location: Burlington, WA
So much info from EBAY! We have a new member from France!

cocina21( 0 )
Member since: Wednesday, Jan 07, 2004 Location: France

just my .02 cents
__________________
1971 GMC Sierra 3/4 Ton 4x4
1972 Chevrolet SWB 4x4

RIP LeRoy
72Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:08 PM   #37
J.Lance
Too many is never enough!

Location: Idaho Falls, ID
email

Can we all start emailing him to tell him what an a-hole he is?

cocina21@yahoo.com

I also wonder if yahoo would pull the plug if it was reported he is attempting to defraud people utilizing that email account?
__________________
Jason

1968 K10 SWB Fleetside
1971 K2500 GMC LWB
1968 K20 (later frame, donor body)
1972 C20 LWB parts truck
1993 K2500 Suburban, tow rig, 454, 4L80E
NEW!! 18' Siem's car hauler
2004 Honda Odyssey (family man!)
J.Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #38
rickspickuppart
Account Suspended

I think I scared him off after I emailed him last time, because he hasn't responded yet and last time he was pretty quick about it. I think he might need to be registered at a few nudey site.

Shawn
rickspickuppart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:37 PM   #39
griesel72
Senior Member

griesel72's Avatar

Location: Howard, Kansas USA
Let's all sign him up for spam, and, like shawn said, each of us should sign him up with a complimentary porn membership
__________________
1969 K10 Custom 10
1997 Z71
2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDI
2006 King Ranch
1980 Wife
griesel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:12 PM   #40
Don Loverink
Account Suspended

Location: Brainerd, Minnesota
I got the same email from the guy also, it sounds etty fishy to me too. we should try to turn him in somehow. Currently still high bid on the radio at 600 dollars, I know it wont last.
Don Loverink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #41
toms68cst
Registered User

toms68cst's Avatar

Location: Bismarck, ND
I sent him an e-mail telling him I'm desperate for about 10-20 units. I've also asked for a picture. I can't wait to see how he responds.
__________________
Unrestored 68 C-10 CST. Original 327. 4-Speed CH465. 50k or so miles.

TREASURER, Drum Brake Club.
toms68cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #42
J.Lance
Too many is never enough!

Location: Idaho Falls, ID
yahoo

If anyone in Cali would like to contact Yahoo to see if this guy can be tracked down, here is the info.

Yahoo! - Address and Phone Number
Street Address Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, California 94089
Phone (408) 349-3300
Fax (408) 349-3301
Office Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST

Otherwise, I should contact him, explain to him that I have some NOS radios and would like him to use his expertise to sell them for me. I'll only need $200/radio sent via Western Union and I'll send em right out!
__________________

Old 01-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #43
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Randy70C-10's Avatar

Location: Virginia Beach, Va. U.S.A.
I just emailed him too, told him I needed 2 but I only pay cash, "where can we meet?"
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:24 AM   #44
DSW
Registered User

Location: Morgan Mill
I have the NOS AM/FM out of my 67 if i can get that much money for it ill sell it!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Looking for 67-68 short step side body thats in great shape and suburban body thats in great shape and both have to be in tx Dfw
DSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:15 PM   #45
jose
Registered User

jose's Avatar

Location: Salem , Oregon 97301
What year was the AM-FM radio interduced in chev trucks ?
__________________
68 GMC 4x4 SWB

jose6772@yahoo.com
jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 12:20 PM   #46
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

CPNE's Avatar

Location: NH
Quote:
Originally posted by jose
What year was the AM-FM radio interduced in chev trucks ?
71, but there is the possibility it was a mid-year 70 introduction. 70 was a transition year in many respects.
__________________
Currently on or near the homestead:

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
CPNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #47
69oldie
Never too many LONGHORNS!

69oldie's Avatar

Location: Los Angeles Calififornia
Sold for $1,625
69oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 AM   #48
BOSS
Just here to help

BOSS's Avatar

Location: Norwood,Mo
Can you believe that it went for $1625,But then again how many of those are left?
__________________
Support our site

Norwood Survivor
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 12:21 AM   #49
dinnut
Registered User

dinnut's Avatar

Location: missouri city, tx
cant be too many left as purpleslammed69 said... but $1625? damn!
70 longbed
496/th400/Ford 9"
dinnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:20 AM   #50
Gee_Emm
Account Suspended

That is just a ridiculous amount to pay for a radio that will sound like crap.
Gee_Emm is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks