The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-13-2023, 11:41 AM   #26
MikeB

Re: Hose clamps?

Got the upper hose installed using a Gates #20607, which is actually made in the U.S.A. It fits engines mounted in the forward and rearward locations, so I had to cut about 1.5" off the thermostat housing side. The only thing I don't like about the clamps is the stud and nut stick out too far.

I don't know why the photos get flipped 90 degrees CCW. Both look fine in Google Photos and in my PC's Pictures folder. Could it be that the forum is set up only for "landscape" orientation???
Attached Images

1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 10:42 AM   #27
cericd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
I don't know why the photos get flipped 90 degrees CCW. Both look fine in Google Photos and in my PC's Pictures folder. Could it be that the forum is set up only for "landscape" orientation???
If you are interested in learning how to correct the problem images in your photo library or why this happens in the first place, here's a link that will help https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/.

There are several ways to fix the the rotated image. One easy way is to open the image in Microsoft Paint, select the correct rotation from the drop down rotation menu and save the image. It will now display correctly on the forum and in any other software.

I'm going to assume you took the pics with a mobile phone. If it was an iphone, there are two ways to hold the phone that will prevent the rotation issue in the first place 99 percent of the time. For portrait pics, like the ones you took, hold the phone with the power plug port point toward the ground. For horizontal pics point the power plug port to the right. I have been doing this for over a decade and have had to correct image orientation on less than 1 percent of the image I take with an iphone.

Here are your properly rotated images.
Attached Images

My 1970 SWB C/10 - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=534872

Last edited by cericd; 08-15-2023 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Fixed Web Link
cericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:04 PM   #28
OregonNed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Got the upper hose installed using a Gates #20607, which is actually made in the U.S.A. It fits engines mounted in the forward and rearward locations, so I had to cut about 1.5" off the thermostat housing side. The only thing I don't like about the clamps is the stud and nut stick out too far.

I agree about the length of the stud after installation. What I did (I put those types of clamps everywhere) was to cap the stud with rubber vacuum caps that I cut down to fit flush against the nut. In some cases where the studs were extremely long, I cut them down a bit with a Dremel and cutting wheel...
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2023, 12:31 PM   #29
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cericd View Post
If you are interested in learning how to correct the problem images in your photo library or why this happens in the first place, here's a link that will help https://www.howtogeek.com/254830/why...ectly-rotated/.

There are several ways to fix the the rotated image. One easy way is to open the image in Microsoft Paint, select the correct rotation from the drop down rotation menu and save the image. It will now display correctly on the forum and in any other software.

I'm going to assume you took the pics with a mobile phone. If it was an iphone, there are two ways to hold the phone that will prevent the rotation issue in the first place 99 percent of the time. For portrait pics, like the ones you took, hold the phone with the power plug port point toward the ground. For horizontal pics point the power plug port to the right. I have been doing this for over a decade and have had to correct image orientation on less than 1 percent of the image I take with an iphone.

Here are your properly rotated images.
Thanks for the info and for flipping the photos.

I do hold my iPhone as you described for portrait and landscape photos. I just now opened them in MS Paint, and they are oriented correctly. Go figure!

I could be wrong, but I think I only see the problem on this forum. But I will take a look at the links you posted.

Edit: Whoops, that link gives me a 404 error saying "This page not available".
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
Old 08-15-2023, 01:06 PM   #30
cericd

Just google vBulletin image rotation problem. It all has to to with exif image data which is used by digital cameras and cell phone cameras. VBulletin forums do not understand it so the image must be the desired rotation before uploading.

Old 08-15-2023, 07:34 PM   #31
MikeB

Chris, thanks again. Hey, I clicked on the link in your signature and I'm glad to see that as a of 2022 you kept the truck at the stock height with 15" wheels.
At that time you were looking for dog dish hubcaps. Did you ever find some and get them fitted?

Also, where are you in Colorado? We lived in Conifer, literally on Conifer Mountain for 4 years.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:16 AM   #32
cericd

Hey Mike, I fixed the link to the article that I posted earlier.

Yep, my truck is still stock height with 15" steelies. No plans to change it's elevation any time soon. Over the years I've really started to prefer the bone stock trucks. Seems to be much more rare than custom rides. I've got several sets of hubcaps and a set of full wheel covers but I haven't tried to install any of them. Some of the caps are so nice, I worry about damaging them during the installation or removal process. I've got a spare wheel and some driver quality caps that I'll practice with before trying it on the truck.

We're currently in the Denver area. If we had to do it over we would move to a more rural area. The wife and I aren't really "city" folks but we were trying to avoid a snowy commute. We'll probably be moving back to Texas soon but not soon enough. Denver hasn't been a pleasurable experience with my wife's car getting stolen from in front of our house and my car being crashed into while parked at the grocery store by someone in a stolen car who fled the scene. I've never seen so many wrecked cars and cars without license plates driving around. Guess that just how it is living in the city ranked #2 for car theft.

Last edited by cericd; 08-16-2023 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2023, 11:11 AM   #33
RichardJ

Tower clamps? Oh ya, that's the kind of clamps used in my Maytag washer that I'm currently waiting on parts for. That's probably where they are best suited.