The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2023, 06:26 PM   #1
jocko

Your time machine wish: things you wish GM had done in this era...

While I love to see the modified trucks and ideas you all have, I have to admit I prefer mine as close to stock as possible. Having said that, every once in a while I stumble across something where I think to myself "I sure wish GM had done this (or that) back in the day." And I mean things they could have done, with GM parts or concepts that were available in 67-72 or some decision they could have made with what they had on hand (so as much as someone might wish GM had an LS engine in 72, that's not possible).

Here's one that comes to mind for me - as some of you may know, I'm a big fan of the Custom Two Tone paint scheme (i.e. no white anywhere). I think the 565 paint combo (Black roof, Hugger body) is pretty awesome (below pic for reference is very much "the one that got away.." in my case) - and I've always wondered why the black roof wasn't offered in a factory RPO paint scheme in combination with at least a few other primary colors.

So here's my time machine wish: I wish the black roof Custom Two Tone combo would have also been offered with (516) orange, (525) light yellow, (519) yellow, (514) red, and (521) white primary color trucks. I particularly think the light yellow with black roof would be a great lookin combo... (so much so that I've considered building a bone stock truck in this paint scheme, but I could probably never bring myself to actually do it... ha).

As a close second wish - I find myself sometimes wishing GM had offered the big block on Ks back in this era.

So, if you were GM king for a day back then, what would you have done differently or additionally?
Attached Images

jocko is offline   Reply With Quote