The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2004, 07:37 PM   #1
dinnut

well, everything is for sale, goodbye trucks

been doing some thinking. my truck needs a lot of stuff done to it before i would be able to drive it. my grandparents own 2 1978 cadillac eldorado barritz. they were purchased as twins. one of them is in my garage right now (they used to live here). the one here has like 3-4,000 original miles on it, the one in pa has about 300 some miles on it. it has a 425 bb cadillac. ALL stock. except for wheels, but has original hubcaps in trunk, most comfortable interior in the world. and as of late i had been thinking of asking my grandparents how much they would sell it to me for. then on sunday my mom was talking to my grandparents and they mentioned giving/selling the car and that it would be a good idea. i emailed them and they responded if i sell the trucks they would make me an offer i could not refuse on the car. and since my truck doesnt have a/c. has some rust and the transmission, brakes, and engine will need some stuff to be able to be driven, i have decided i will sell it, and the 72, to get some money to give my grandparents for the car. i will be able to get 2,500 out of my 70 i hope since i have put some money into it since i bought it, but the 72 is a diferent story, its rusted more, and now doesnt run because the timing chain decided to slip a while back. i figure with the car i will be able to fit more than 2 passengers in there ( thats 2 uncomfy passengers. and be able to carry like 5 or 6 people around if need be. the car has been owned since new and run on occasion. now for some questions... if i end up getting the car, is there gong to be any problem with having only put 4000 miles in like 26 years? like engine problems? transmission? brakes? i plan on replacing the tires hoses and battery and all that kinda stuff and a general inspection of the whole car also. what do yall think? by the way i think i am going to keep the swb as project truck.
i have some pics i will resize and post of the car
Attached Images