The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #501
77ChevySharkBite

Re: 1977 Chevy C10 known as SharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclefreak207 View Post
That thing is SICKKKK, will definitely look good on the truck!

I don't know why it took me so long to find your thread sharkbite!!
Yeah Claytona08 did an excellent job I'm more than pleased with what he did, I'm anxious to get it made.

It's cool man, you've joined us now so that's fine with me!

Plus I'm mainly doing work on the weekends more than anything and I'll comment throughout the week as guys post, so my thread was a little far down, but you found me! So welcome to the sharkbite thread!

77 C10 Silverado Sharkbite LWB Build
67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
06 Dodge Magnum 2.7v6 aka swag wag!
2010 Honda Accord 2.4I4 DD aka Liquid Metal
77ChevySharkBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #502
cyclefreak207

Yea, I do a lottttt of reading/posting during the week while I'm bored at work. Selling salvage auto parts has slow days like every other job. And the beauty of it is when I'm tired, or I want to take it easy I just don't answer the open line lol

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
cyclefreak207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #503
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Yea, I do a lottttt of reading/posting during the week while I'm bored at work. Selling salvage auto parts has slow days like every other job. And the beauty of it is when I'm tired, or I want to take it easy I just don't answer the open line lol
nice man! Yeah I do administrative work for my job right now, and so typically there's not a whole lot that goes on so I'm like you man, I'm typically scrolling through, posting, reading, and all that during the week. And weekends is my build time. I follow quite a few builds helps time go past and well I've met some great people through it too! Plus man it's cool to see how everyone differs there build, plus the knowledge on here about the trucks is ridiculous, I've learned so much in this past year. It's crazy, definitely glad to have you joining and following the build man.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #504
cyclefreak207

I like seeing all the variations people use on our year trucks!! There's so many different options... motors/frames/suspension/body work. Really opens your eyes as to how many ways (correct/most effective) there are to build.

I don't always downshift when I want to change lanes... But when I do, I make sure it's next to a prius so they know I'm hurting the environment!
Old 06-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #505
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I like seeing all the variations people use on our year trucks!! There's so many different options... motors/frames/suspension/body work. Really opens your eyes as to how many ways (correct/most effective) there are to build.
Oh yeah, I mean in the end were all truck enthusiast even though it may not seem like it'll come together it does. Definitely some of the stuff you see will blow you away and be like that's awesome!!! Some of the stuff we do is things they didn't build the trucks to do so you have to get creative with it.

I saw you checked out 67cheby's build for Square Peg, go check out his truck when you get the chance Cloud9 that's a beautiful truck, another one find N2Trux he has a pretty sick looking square. I've seen quite a few squares on here, but N2Trux has to be my #1 favorite square.

Here's 67cheby's build thread for his 67 c-10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=359678

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #506
cyclefreak207

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Oh yeah, I mean in the end were all truck enthusiast even though it may not seem like it'll come together it does. Definitely some of the stuff you see will blow you away and be like that's awesome!!! Some of the stuff we do is things they didn't build the trucks to do so you have to get creative with it.

I saw you checked out 67cheby's build for Square Peg, go check out his truck when you get the chance Cloud9 that's a beautiful truck, another one find N2Trux he has a pretty sick looking square. I've seen quite a few squares on here, but N2Trux has to be my #1 favorite square.

Here's 67cheby's build thread for his 67 c-10 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=359678
No doubt, some of the stuff I've seen guys come up with on here absolutely blows my mind, ESPECIALLLLLLY when it comes to custom fab for suspension and bags etc. Absolutely amazing, the quality of the work and the uniqueness of all the trucks, almost a shame to not leave a hole in the bed with how cool some of them are!

Old 06-16-2013, 03:43 AM   #507
chevybuilder18

well theres 69chebys thread, what about cloud9s and N2Trux build thread links?
Also, nice work with the truck, hope, you share more progress soon!!
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #508
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybuilder18 View Post
well theres 69chebys thread, what about cloud9s and N2Trux build thread links?
Also, nice work with the truck, hope, you share more progress soon!!
well 67cheby is the username that link is for cloud9 and I didn't think to put N2Trux on here I can post it later today.

Yeah I completely forgot about Father's Day today but hopefully I can get out there for a little and get something done!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #509
Sodell

Sharkbite, looking good!

Do you have a harbor freight nearby? They sell a cheap 4 1/2" grinder you can usually get for less than $20. I had one for a few years before it burned up. Now working on the second one..lol. The wire wheel and grinder disc work great and you can put cut off wheels on it as well, works great for this kind of work.
Sodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #510
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
Sharkbite, looking good!

Do you have a harbor freight nearby? They sell a cheap 4 1/2" grinder you can usually get for less than $20. I had one for a few years before it burned up. Now working on the second one..lol. The wire wheel and grinder disc work great and you can put cut off wheels on it as well, works great for this kind of work.

Thanks man!! Glad to have you along for the journey!

Yeah I have one really close actually about 15 minutes away from me, so I'm probably will go pick up one soon just at the time I'm kind of improvising. Thank you for the advice man, I greatly greatly appreciate it.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #511
Sodell

I hear ya about the tools, I am a bit older and have gathered a lot of tools over the years, not sure how I got along with out some of them, but you can always make things work with a little common sense.
I am pretty active on another truck forum, but it's geared more toward the mechanical side of trucks. Not a lot on lowering them. I just bought an 87 TBI SWB a few months ago and found this sight doing some research for lowering, and it has been a great resource. I just finished lowering the front 4" with no problems. The rear is next....
Old 06-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #512
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
I hear ya about the tools, I am a bit older and have gathered a lot of tools over the years, not sure how I got along with out some of them, but you can always make things work with a little common sense.
I am pretty active on another truck forum, but it's geared more toward the mechanical side of trucks. Not a lot on lowering them. I just bought an 87 TBI SWB a few months ago and found this sight doing some research for lowering, and it has been a great resource. I just finished lowering the front 4" with no problems. The rear is next....
Well welcome to forum glad you found us, I found out about the site through my friends 67 c10. Yeah I'm planning to have a nice collection of tools one day, my cousin is a mechanic and I drool over his toolbox!

Nice score on the truck, post a picture up here I'd like to see it man!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #513
Sodell

Here she is, Pearl [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #514
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Woah!!! She's a beauty!! Looks solid any rust or anything? What's your plans for her?
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #515
Sodell

It has some rust in the usual cab corners. It has a GM crate motor and I have fixed several issues with it. Door hinges, glass motors, replaced windshield, new IAC ect. It runs great now, and I have driven it a few times a week to work. I plan on the rear drop in the next few weeks, the seat and dash need some work, and start getting ready for paint. My last project was an 88 Chevy 4x4 that took over two years to complete but is my daily driver now. I am a patient guy and like to get every thing ready before starting project a then b ect, so it may take me a while. Course $ and the wife have lots to do with it..lol My kids are all grown and I have one to help finish college, so I always look for a way to do things right but still save money. I got the DJM drop spindles for $200. Replaced all the ball joints, idler/pitman arm, and the tie rods and upper/lower control arm bushings for about $250. So all in all the drop was not too bad. The back will be much easier and less expensive. I think I will be the only one in town with a dropped truck....I also just got this BA steering wheel for Fathers day, and a pic of my front suspension 2 weeks ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #516
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
It has some rust in the usual cab corners. It has a GM crate motor and I have fixed several issues with it. Door hinges, glass motors, replaced windshield, new IAC ect. It runs great now, and I have driven it a few times a week to work. I plan on the rear drop in the next few weeks, the seat and dash need some work, and start getting ready for paint. My last project was an 88 Chevy 4x4 that took over two years to complete but is my daily driver now. I am a patient guy and like to get every thing ready before starting project a then b ect, so it may take me a while. Course $ and the wife have lots to do with it..lol My kids are all grown and I have one to help finish college, so I always look for a way to do things right but still save money. I got the DJM drop spindles for $200. Replaced all the ball joints, idler/pitman arm, and the tie rods and upper/lower control arm bushings for about $250. So all in all the drop was not too bad. The back will be much easier and less expensive. I think I will be the only one in town with a dropped truck....I also just got this BA steering wheel for Fathers day, and a pic of my front suspension 2 weeks ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Yeah, I'm wanting mine to be done by 12-31-14 so I still have about a year and a half to go if its not finished I won't be hurt and long as I have decent progress on it. Right now it's going slow as you can tell, just trying to do simple cheap things that might not cost a bunch of cash, I'm trying to go back to school and get my certificate for safety.

That's the exact steering wheel I want for my truck!! You gotta tell me how you like it once its installed!!

Yeah that's about how my front looks definitely going to be replaced before my truck is all said and done.
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #517
naphtali5725

lookin good SharkBite! long thread

Disabled Veteran
82nd Airborne Division
Operations: Desert Shield, Desert Storm, and Uphold Democracy
naphtali5725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #518
Sodell

And I got some good advice from this guy ^^^^^^Naphtali.... keep chugging at it, I have been reading your thread and you have got a lot done.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #519
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by naphtali5725 View Post
lookin good SharkBite! long thread
Thanks bro glad to see you over here with us! yeah it's a tad but long but it's mostly action I think

Quote:
And I got some good advice from this guy ^^^^^^Naphtali.... keep chugging at it, I have been reading your thread and you have got a lot done.
Oh yeah!! Naphtali5725 has done very outstanding work on his truck he does have a lot of knowledge too definitely a huge help when it comes to building our trucks!
Posted via Mobile Device

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #520
Claytona08

Hey Sharkbite! I had some spare time here at work and thought I'd scroll through your build thread. It's looking good man!

http://youtu.be/JYoQJYTXKqI

1984 Chevrolet Scottsdale C10 "Project Platinum C10"
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle "Project Car"
Claytona08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #521
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytona08 View Post
Hey Sharkbite! I had some spare time here at work and thought I'd scroll through your build thread. It's looking good man!
Sweeet!! Thanks man I appreciate the kind words!

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #522
cyclefreak207

Moving along moving along!!

Old 06-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #523
77ChevySharkBite

Quote:
Moving along moving along!!
Thanks man, I gotta hustle the next couple of weeks got a few changes in my life coming up so it's not going to be a lot of work done to the truck. So got to knock out as much as I can the rest of this month and next month.

67 Chevy C10 Frame Off
Old 06-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #524
cyclefreak207

I hear that!! The motor blowing on me definitely set me back on finishing up some legal payments, and the rest of the plans for the truck.

You'll get through sir!! There were plenty of times I thought I just couldn't handle what life was throwing at me, not to get onto religion, but someone once told me 'God only gives you what he thinks you can handle.' (Or whatever/whoever is up there. my money is on buddah.)

Old 06-21-2013, 01:46 AM   #525
chevybuilder18

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ChevySharkBite View Post
Woah!!! She's a beauty!! Looks solid any rust or anything? What's your plans for her?
Posted via Mobile Device
i second what sharkbite said.
sharkbite, i noticed you have a 67 project now?
chevybuilder18 is offline   Reply With Quote