The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
cortcomp

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Sanded last night, primed this morning and painted the white cab/stripes today. I finally broke down and took the fenders and grille support off so i can do those separately, and put a new grille support panel in as someone had done some bondo work on the nose, and it looks a little rough and i just don't want to spend a week working on it just to find out it doesn't look right anyways.
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=550931
Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
62 Barnfind

Painted and installed my rear bumper.

My build tread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=507513
Old 06-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
jbgroby

Had a great early Fathers Day present, I was able to get both of the boys over at the same time to help with the fenders and hood.

Not a bad days work, even at 93 degrees! Still need to tweak the upper howl cowls and screw down the wiper transmission cover, but DAMN I finally got the front assembled!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by jbgroby; 06-15-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
jbgroby

Mark, here is where I mounted my relays for the new harness. I wanted to be able to unsnap them with out a lot of work. they get covered by the rad support cover
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #5
Vernski

Jake I like that color blue it goes well with the white, won't be long and you will be driving it around. Although long time coming some things are worth the wait, and no one deserves it more than you..Vernski
Old 06-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Well since I did not get done tell late last night I am going to put down what I did yesterday. Work on my old 64 and got it running. Put the new intake and exhaust on my 66 also. Boy! Working on two trucks is tiring! But it was a great day all the same. Love the sound of straight pipes! Don't you?
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #7
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgroby View Post
Had a great early Fathers Day present, I was able to get both of the boys over at the same time to help with the fenders and hood.

Not a bad days work, even at 93 degrees! Still need to tweak the upper howl cowls and screw down the wiper transmission cover, but DAMN I finally got the front assembled!!!
Your truck is really turning out beautifully. When you first brought it home, did you ever envision it would take this long and the amount of work it’s taken to see it finished? And – with the years of effort and investment in it, will you be able to find the courage to actually drive it?!!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
jbgroby

And – with the years of effort and investment in it, will you be able to find the courage to actually drive it?!! [/QUOTE]

Several times I'd given up all hope, but glad to have stuck with it!

Last edited by jbgroby; 06-16-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
jbgroby

Mounted the bumper, I need to order two more bolts (or find the ones I had!) and the first lens. I need to figure out how to make the other lens get riveted or mounted to the housing without breaking it. It is WAY too rare to gamble with. The OEM factory ones I have plain mushroom head rivet, not the traditional type, where you pull the shaft though. I think they are airplane style, if so I have a friend who just built his own aircraft who has all the tools
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #10
K98AL

Hauled my 1957 Starcraft to the lake....
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #11
jayoldschool

Unloaded my wheels/tires that I just mounted up, and gave them a little cleaning.

Used tires off my parts car. The WWs were mounted to the inside, so they have never been cleaned.

If you have WWs, make sure you buy some of this. Never use something abrasive like steel wool, it only makes scratches that catch more dirt.

A little time with the pressure washer...

And, a sneak preview with the caps:

Think I should add trim rings?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #12
endlessearth

I vote yes.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #13
JWheeler331

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post
Unloaded my wheels/tires that I just mounted up, and gave them a little cleaning.

Used tires off my parts car. The WWs were mounted to the inside, so they have never been cleaned.

If you have WWs, make sure you buy some of this. Never use something abrasive like steel wool, it only makes scratches that catch more dirt.

I know this will sound dumb but what holds the hubaps on the wheel?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #14
jbgroby

On Man that makes a world of difference.

As to holding on the caps, there are two styles of rims, yours has 3 "bumps" on the inner ring your cap snaps down over those. I have the early style with the 3 "clips" on the inside of the ring. I'll try to get a picture later
Old 06-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #15
earl84

Finally ordered the Classic Update wring kit from American Autowire. Ordered it through ez2wire.com for $470 with free shipping. Lots of reading and suggestions from guys on the board and it seems like the best one for what I want to get to eventually and the ease of installation and quality.

Sorry no pictures, but I have been getting a lot done lately, but pictures are stuck on my camera. Need a new cable to connect to the computer. Got bed wood cut and painted, pulled the bed off, and am doing a cheapo Rustoleum paint job for the time being. Have so many other things to do that I don't want this to turn into a 2 year deal and I never drive the truck, sooooo going that route. Still needs plenty of body work, and this will be a "good enough for now" paint job. But my personality has a REALLY hard time doing anything "good enough for now," so I am having real trouble drawing the line. I am sure you all know what I am talking about.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #16
Vernski

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl84 View Post
Finally ordered the Classic Update wring kit from American Autowire. Ordered it through ez2wire.com for $470 with free shipping. Lots of reading and suggestions from guys on the board and it seems like the best one for what I want to get to eventually and the ease of installation and quality.

Sorry no pictures, but I have been getting a lot done lately, but pictures are stuck on my camera. Need a new cable to connect to the computer. Got bed wood cut and painted, pulled the bed off, and am doing a cheapo Rustoleum paint job for the time being. Have so many other things to do that I don't want this to turn into a 2 year deal and I never drive the truck, sooooo going that route. Still needs plenty of body work, and this will be a "good enough for now" paint job. But my personality has a REALLY hard time doing anything "good enough for now," so I am having real trouble drawing the line. I am sure you all know what I am talking about.
That is a real quandary and it will take some intensive consoling to get you over the hump. Just keep it in a drivable condition and things will fall into place just take baby steps at first till you get up to speed. The first thing you need to do is get a camera cord so you can download some pic's..Vernski
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Thought about mine today.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #18
McCoyAZ

Found a '61 hood that is in better shape than the one I found before and dug up a set of near mint hood inserts with the amber lenses to finish it off.

Now I just have to drive 600 miles round trip to pick the stuff up and get it home.

I'm becoming hood poor. Have an extra 60 GMC and a 61 C10 hood now......

Finished the tune up and I can actually drive the old heap and not have to worry if it will start after parking it.

Adjusted the timing, plugs, wires, new rotor and cap and took the 1" riser out from under the carb.

Made an appointment with a new body shop guy to talk about the BBW conversion.

It never ends.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Hooked up the water heating system on mine today.
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #20
MARTYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool View Post

Those rims have been around the province at least once that we know of, looking good and I vote yes to trim rings
Old 06-18-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
jayoldschool

Thank you, my friend! Couldn't have done it without you!
Old 06-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #22
3rdGen.c10

i haven't posted in a while but i like this thread. i got my new moser girdle diff cover on and just slid my rotors in place on the rear for my disc conversion.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
Blue_Aura

After 4 trips to 4 different parts places, I finally was able to piece together my split lines and get them installed to the dual M/C. I still need to bench bleed the M/C and figure out how to lengthen my pushrods. Then after I paint the booster and M/C, I will have to bleed the brakes. I might just do all the after I install the engine. I just want to see the motor sitting in its rightful place and get it off the engine stand. Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Some Past Projects:
'69 Nova - 350 , '70 1/2 Camaro Z28 - LT1 350, '73 K20 Full-time 4x4 - 400 SB, '77 1/2 Camaro Z28 - 350, '84 Camaro Z28 - 305, '68 Buick - 430 BB
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 PM   #24
jayoldschool

Those are the nub wheels. I have a set of the clip ones that came with the truck, too.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Accompanied by one of my grand daughters, took the truck out for a ride and picked up a double pole, double throw momentary toggle switch for the new cutout system. The kits all seem to include a rocker switch would look out of place in my truck.