The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2004, 07:25 PM   #51
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane65
Does supply and demand affect prices as well? This does have something to do with the price gas stations charge. What's the biggest gas company in the States(I'm from Canada, so I'm not sure)? What if the majority of the public didn't buy gas from them. Their market share suffers. They lower their price to gain back customers. Other companies now see their recently new found customers go down the road to the lowest priced gas station. What do you suppose they would do? I know it's a pipedream, but maybe we can show some smarts.
Usually in an area there are just a few producers of fuel that all the stations buy from. If you notice when we get squeezed, prices at the big ones, like Shell, Mobil, etc., are the same or cheaper than the discount stations.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:28 AM   #52
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Do what they did in France three years ago and tried to do in the UK with less success. The truckers blockaded the fuel depots so no tanker triucks could leave, we were caught on vacation in France in it and had two weeks with no fuel available, we were unlucky that it ended just as wwe were due to drive home otherwise we would have been stuck there. The French government dropped taxes on fuel significantly, when they tried it ion the UK all they did was agree to halt any tax rises for a couple of years.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:35 AM   #53
bagged69chevy

Man.. you guys have no idea.. The Gas prices around here are getting rediculous... Check out this pic I took yesterday
Attached Images

bagged69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 03:06 AM   #54
lost_66

my 85 chevy silverado diesel in my local only $1.72 per gallion my pickup goes 23 MPG i guess everyone should get DIESEL!!! i love 6.2 and 6.5 diesel engine.. lots power for pull and no trouble on trip anywhere in USA
lost_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 04:14 AM   #55
68 Suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_66
my 85 chevy silverado diesel in my local only $1.72 per gallion my pickup goes 23 MPG i guess everyone should get DIESEL!!! i love 6.2 and 6.5 diesel engine.. lots power for pull and no trouble on trip anywhere in USA
If EVERYONE got a diesel, your fuel would be a lot more expensive than $1.72. Supply and Demand