The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #51
CuRtdOgG

Re: 84- BIG DROP,BIG BLOCK,daily driver ;-))

i think that sounds awesome...but.I dont know a lot about fitment...I'm leaning toward the dips myself since blood suggested them!
Posted via Mobile Device
CuRtdOgG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #52
bloodybigblock

txlowtrucks.... 9.5s with 35mm offset will work but the 12s wont because they only come in negative offset! If u have a specific question on something then i can tell u exactly what ill fit front to back!

I dont want you guys to be mad at me but i was going to drop my truck off at paint today and couldnt get my grill trim to line up. I molded the damn roll pan 1/2 inch higher on one side. after getting pissed,i backed up out of my dads garage and was getting turned around and ended up smashing the front roll pan in. I was very very mad so they guy painting my truck offered me a trade so i took it! I traded for a bagged and bodied ext cab ranger! My plan is to start over with a 73-80 model with the stepside bed and A/C. Im just going to order a 350 and 700r4 trans from gm so ill have a warranty! I will still get back on here and ill buy my new c10 in sept when i get my military money!
bloodybigblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #53
bloodybigblock

Ive already got a truck eyeballed that is a 4spd! I want to have a c10 i can drive everyday! i dont believe u can build a show truck to drive everyday.my trucked needed alot more than appeared btw! I had to trade because that ranger has a 50 model dash and new paint! anywho guys, ill leave this thread running and put my new c10 on here! like i said, if anyone needs anything then ill be here!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:38 PM   #54
my4by2

Think you can build a show truck to drive everyday, just not necessarily during it's show "life span"... Building mine for shows, but once I am home for good it will become more of a daily driver & less of a show rig.
Really like your truck man - liked it the best in the first pics as far as stance & wheel choice, but that's just me. Looking forward to seeing more updates from you!
D60 + 14-bolt FF w/ Eaton posi + disc brakes
Skyjacker 2.5" full spring lift w/ Nitro shocks
Custom paint + interior
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=435722
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #55
txlowtrucks

Hey thanks for the info. I really don't understand when they list offset like that. Does a positive move the wheel in and a negative move the wheel out?
txlowtrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #56
CuRtdOgG

i cant believe it...
CuRtdOgG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 PM   #57
bloodybigblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by my4by2 View Post
Think you can build a show truck to drive everyday, just not necessarily during it's show "life span"... Building mine for shows, but once I am home for good it will become more of a daily driver & less of a show rig.
Really like your truck man - liked it the best in the first pics as far as stance & wheel choice, but that's just me. Looking forward to seeing more updates from you!
i did too, i liked it when it was lowered and was red and gray! i have 2 kids to look after and itd take thousands of dollars to get it how i want it when i could have gotten what i wanted to begin with!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #58
bloodybigblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlowtrucks View Post
Hey thanks for the info. I really don't understand when they list offset like that. Does a positive move the wheel in and a negative move the wheel out?
positive makes your wheel tuck! 22x9.5s with 38mm offset will tuck a 6" front drop or air ride! the rear will hit the inner fenderwell at 38mm but the offer a 10 or 12mm that will work perfect for the rear
Old 08-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #59
bloodybigblock

curtdog, im sorry man! i can buy my old truck back but i really want an old stepside with a new motor and trans to drive daily